Resolved [Mobile] Fishing

beamjinn32704

Terrarian
Hi, i just started doing the fishing quests. But, for some reason, i have been trying for an hour and i cant seem to get what i need to get. I have been fishing where i am supposed to be, because i checked at the terraria gamepedia website. I was wondering, is it rare to fish the quest fish. I would appreciate it if their was an exact number percentage of the chance to fish the angler quest fish.

Thank you!

-beamjinn32704

Hi, i just started doing the fishing quests. But, for some reason, i have been trying for an hour and i cant seem to get what i need to get. I have been fishing where i am supposed to be, because i checked at the terraria gamepedia website. I was wondering, is it rare to fish the quest fish. I would appreciate it if their was an exact number percentage of the chance to fish the angler quest fish.

Thank you!

-beamjinn32704
Hi there @beamjinn32704, the quests reset each in-game morning at 4:30am. So if you've talked to the Angler and he said that he wanted a Clownfish, you have until 4:30am in the game to catch one. After that you can't catch it anymore, no matter how long you fish. So I'm wondering if you're trying to catch a quest fish after the time period that it is catchable.

If you haven't I'd consider crafting and bringing a grandfather clock with you while you're fishing to keep checking on what time it is.

Hi there @beamjinn32704, the quests reset each in-game morning at 4:30am. So if you've talked to the Angler and he said that he wanted a Clownfish, you have until 4:30am in the game to catch one. After that you can't catch it anymore, no matter how long you fish. So I'm wondering if you're trying to catch a quest fish after the time period that it is catchable.

If you haven't I'd consider crafting and bringing a grandfather clock with you while you're fishing to keep checking on what time it is.

No, i already have a clock, and i keep it with me. I always go back to check and go to the new place to fish, but i never fish it.

Yes, I am
If you're catching other fish, then you should be catching quest fish eventually. They aren't rare enough that you'll need to spend an hour fishing. Maybe an in-game hour, which is one minute in real time. :)

Next time you go fishing, just doublecheck the time and the area that you're fishing in. If you're still not catching the quest fish, take some screenshots of what you're supposed to catch, the area that you're fishing, and what the in-game time is and we can try to pinpoint what's going wrong.

I know how you feel man some times I try to get fish but they don't come but they will! My trouble is that you need to make the cloud island fishable before you can catch anything for unit one is that a glitch or is that what you need to do?

I know how you feel man some times I try to get fish but they don't come but they will! My trouble is that you need to make the cloud island fishable before you can catch anything for unit one is that a glitch or is that what you need to do?
Having to make a lake on a Floating Island before you fish for quest fish isn't a glitch, just a bothersome necessary activity. :)

The good news is that in the 1.3 update, Floating Lakes are already created for you. There is no release date yet for mobile getting the 1.3 update.

do you have a range for the date mobile 1.3 will be released?
On the Terraria community noticeboard, i asked and someone said it would probably be this year betweeen November and December. Is this true?
[doublepost=1511169767,1511169632][/doublepost]
If you're catching other fish, then you should be catching quest fish eventually. They aren't rare enough that you'll need to spend an hour fishing. Maybe an in-game hour, which is one minute in real time. :)

Next time you go fishing, just doublecheck the time and the area that you're fishing in. If you're still not catching the quest fish, take some screenshots of what you're supposed to catch, the area that you're fishing, and what the in-game time is and we can try to pinpoint what's going wrong.

Is there anyway in mobile to definitley pinpoint which biome you are in the world and/or which level of the world you are in?

Is there anyway in mobile to definitley pinpoint which biome you are in the world and/or which level of the world you are in?[/QUOTE said:
For where you need to fish?
[doublepost=1511183471,1511183421][/doublepost]Oops did that wrong... do you mean for were you need to fish or something else?

do you have a range for the date mobile 1.3 will be released?
On the Terraria community noticeboard, i asked and someone said it would probably be this year betweeen November and December. Is this true?
[doublepost=1511169767,1511169632][/doublepost]

Is there anyway in mobile to definitley pinpoint which biome you are in the world and/or which level of the world you are in?
There is no date range for release of the 1.3 mobile update. Originally 505 Games said that they hope it will only take a few months after console is released, but that is not guaranteed. Console is not released yet. Unless it comes from 505 Games, Pipeworks, or Re-Logic any dates you see are just guesses by random people.

To help know what biome you're in, take cues from the background, the water color, and the music changes. If you're underground, take notice that the background wall looks different between the Underground and the Cavern layers.

I made a artificial floating lake by blowing up a sky island (everything but the clouds) and filling it up with clouds and putting water in it

Back
Top Bottom