Resolved [Mobile] Jump Controls

Jacob Wiese

Terrarian
I just had a Martian event happen for me and I have no luck fighting martian saucers because I can’t jump and move and aim at the same time most of the time because of the new jump button. I know of the thing where you move the joystick up twice and you jump or fly but that’s not very practical during events where you’re surrounded and have to move constantly. Are you gonna change the jump controls back to how they were where you can just move the joystick up and you jump or fly

I just had a Martian event happen for me and I have no luck fighting martian saucers because I can’t jump and move and aim at the same time most of the time because of the new jump button. I know of the thing where you move the joystick up twice and you jump or fly but that’s not very practical during events where you’re surrounded and have to move constantly. Are you gonna change the jump controls back to how they were where you can just move the joystick up and you jump or fly
Hi @Jacob Wiese, welcome to the forums. :)

During a Martian event you should be able to see the saucers as they’ll come right for you and start shooting at you. If you can’t see them, make sure to use the zoom out button on the bottom, you should be able to see a lot of the screen.

Regarding the controls, I myself found the new controls to be difficult at first. Now after having been playing for awhile I think they are immensely better than the old controls. It did take me more than just a few hours to get used to the new controls, but I’m so glad that I pushed through because, in my opinion, they add to the real Terraria experience.

However, the developers are listening to all feedback. In the next patch there will be an option to go back to the original up-jump and go back to having all weapons be autoswing. More info here: Terraria Mobile 1.3 Post-Launch Hotfixes Build Notes

Back
Top Bottom