Resolved [Mobile] Mobile 1.3 System requirements

I was excited for the mobile 1.3 update, but when it came out, I could no longer update or download Terraria at all. According to the post, my tablet should be able to run it just fine, (Android 5.1, Minimum for Terraria is Android 4) but it does not. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6, which makes me think that the operating system version doesn't matter, but the minimum system requirements do. Does anyone have any idea as to what those are and what devices can run them? I am thinking about getting a new tablet anyway, though on the cheap end, and I would like it to be able to run Terraria. It would likely be a Samsung tablet as Apple devices are overpriced.

I was excited for the mobile 1.3 update, but when it came out, I could no longer update or download Terraria at all. According to the post, my tablet should be able to run it just fine, (Android 5.1, Minimum for Terraria is Android 4) but it does not. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6, which makes me think that the operating system version doesn't matter, but the minimum system requirements do. Does anyone have any idea as to what those are and what devices can run them? I am thinking about getting a new tablet anyway, though on the cheap end, and I would like it to be able to run Terraria. It would likely be a Samsung tablet as Apple devices are overpriced.
Hi @scratchermatch, see this thread for the specifications. Look for the spoiler named "Spoiler: MOBILE 1.3 SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS BY PLATFORM"

I realize that there is a device on the list with a name very similar to your device. If I recall, there are multiple devices with that name - some have the technical specs to run the game (and therefore received the update), and some fell below the specs and did not receive the update.

Odd...
My device (Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (2016)) is listed as working!
It most definitely does meet the system requirements that they showed.
What should I do?
The game does not show up in the play store, nor does the play store recognize that it is installed on the device.
I am also worried that if I accidentally uninstall it (That happens from time to time) I won't be able to get it back. :(
Could I download it off a friend's device that has the 1.3 update and move it to mine? (Assuming Android)
Is there an APK that I can download externally and install?

Odd...
My device (Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (2016)) is listed as working!
It most definitely does meet the system requirements that they showed.
What should I do?
The game does not show up in the play store, nor does the play store recognize that it is installed on the device.
I am also worried that if I accidentally uninstall it (That happens from time to time) I won't be able to get it back. :(
Could I download it off a friend's device that has the 1.3 update and move it to mine? (Assuming Android)
Is there an APK that I can download externally and install?
Like I mentioned in my previous post :) yes, I realize that the name of your device is listed, but if I recall there is something unique about the Galaxy Tab A. I think it was explained to me as something along the lines of there could be four different models of the Tab A and while some, based on their specs, can get the update, there are some model numbers that cannot. If the update is not in your Google Play store then your device can't get the update.

No, there is no APK that I can give you for the game. That would be pirating the game, and not something that we want to happen here at the official forums for Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom