Resolved [Mobile] Multiplayer and hosting not working due to not enough RAM.

Device: Ipad mini 2
Ever since the 1.3 update i have not been able to host or join a multiplayer world and my friends are experiencing the same issue, each time we try to host or join we get this message: Your device doesn't have enough RAM to host/play a multiplayer game. we all have cleared a lot of space and have more than half of our GB left so i don't see any reason why we cant join each other or other big servers that are hosting with over 50 players. we are using the same WiFi but we still get the same message, anyway i hope this gets fixed in the next update before they move to bigger updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Device: Ipad mini 2
Ever since the 1.3 update i have not been able to host or join a multiplayer world and my friends are experiencing the same issue, each time we try to host or join we get this message: Your device doesn't have enough RAM to host/play a multiplayer game. we all have cleared a lot of space and have more than half of our GB left so i don't see any reason why we cant join each other or other big servers that are hosting with over 50 players. we are using the same WiFi but we still get the same message, anyway i hope this gets fixed in the next update before they move to bigger updates.
Hi there @Pookie_The_Overlord, the amount of space on your iPad isn’t the problem. The device itself does not have enough RAM (different than storage space) to host a multiplayer game. There’s nothing more that can be done - the device (the phone or tablet) isn’t strong enough to handle it. The iPad mini 2 has only 1 GB of RAM - not enough to be able to do all that you’re saying.

Here is more info (scroll until you see the section called “Will my device run Terraria 1.3? What if my device does not meet the minimum specifications?” and open the spoiler called “MOBILE 1.3 SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS BY PLATFORM”)
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ans-assemble-mobile-1-3-launches-today.82197/

Hello !

Like Unit One said, "RAM" isn't related to the storage. The RAM is the memory of your device, it cannot be changed. The only solution is to use a more powerful device. If you decide to buy a new device, take a careful look at the specifications. If you want to have a smooth Terraria, you should get a device with at least 1,5 Gb of RAM.

Hope this helped. Cheers !

Back
Top Bottom