Resolved [Mobile] Visual glitch with phase dye (Apple Ipad Air 2, iOS 11.3.1)

Lazi

Terrarian
Instead of the phase dye causing the lines to go up and down the armor like it should, it just gets stuck. in frames. like this, it takes 5 seconds for it to change frames
image0.png

Instead of the phase dye causing the lines to go up and down the armor like it should, it just gets stuck. in frames. like this, it takes 5 seconds for it to change framesView attachment 226511
Hi there @Lazi, I also have an iPad Air 2 and the Phase Dye works correctly for me. What armor and accessories are you wearing - can you take a screenshot of your gear. Also, what type of world are you in - one that you created before the update, one that you downloaded, or one that you created after the update? And what size world?

So i found out that it occurs around 50% of the time. I have recently seen that it works correctly on the character select screen, but sometimes on the character select screen the glitch has occured. Its a random occurence. But for my gear, i use beetle armor for head and body, with turtle leggings, with all 3 vanity slots being obsidian armor. And the accessories i use are frostspark boots,lava waders, ankh shield, moon shell and spectre wings, with most of the items for a cell phone in my inventory. And im on an expert mode, large world i made post-update.

So i found out that it occurs around 50% of the time. I have recently seen that it works correctly on the character select screen, but sometimes on the character select screen the glitch has occured. Its a random occurence. But for my gear, i use beetle armor for head and body, with turtle leggings, with all 3 vanity slots being obsidian armor. And the accessories i use are frostspark boots,lava waders, ankh shield, moon shell and spectre wings, with most of the items for a cell phone in my inventory. And im on an expert mode, large world i made post-update.
Ahh, there’s your problem then. The game is going to have a tough time chugging out all the graphics on a large expert world. There may be some optimizations that come in future updates, but there’s only so much these devices can do - it’s kind of a trade off.. stay on a small world with low graphic settings and play with hardly any performance issues, or for those that want to, play on large expert worlds with graphical options like dyes and such and the performance is going to suffer somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom