Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hate RNG

• Total voters

jordan

Skeletron
So here goes my first suggestion, Monster Spawners!

Monster spawners spawn in various places underground on world generation and are broken completely upon mining, dropping 5-10 spawner fragments which are used in crafting later on. If the player is within 30 tiles, the spawner becomes active and changes animation to a pulsing spawner, indicating that it is now spawning mobs. The spawner has a cooldown period between each mob spawned of 3 seconds, making it quite dangerous early game. The max spawn rate changes depending on biome but has a minimum of 8 mobs. Spawned mobs spawn in a puff of smoke which hides the awkwardness of them spawning on screen.

The spawner can be stopped through a variety of ways: wiring, mining, wearing special accessories (temporary stoppage) and by exceeding mob cap. When using wiring to stop/start it, the mob spawner has a drastically increased cooldown and a lowered max mob count as to avoid people setting up farms. These mobs are incapable of dropping souls and key molds by they are able to drop any other item.

Monster Charm Accessory: This accessory slows spawning of mobs to half the initial speed (biome dependent) and decrease the range in which mobs can spawn down to 10 tiles. It is found in chests in the dungeon.

The spawner can spawn mobs such as zombies, slimes, skeletons, bats, spiders, hornets and hell bats. Some monster spawners are biome dependent i.e. hellbats, hornets and spiders. The spawners may be upgraded in hardmode with a Spawner Core, crafted from 5 of each mech boss soul, 5 spawner fragments and 25 soul of night. The upgraded spawners increase mob health, damage and defense, in some cases changing the mob to a hardmode version of itself, moss hornets for example.

Anyway hope you found it interesting, even though I imagine it is a boring, overdone suggestion. Hopefully I hope I gave it some nice details/thought that could help make this a reality!

That is really cool! Also with stuff needed to craft (example 10 iron bars) you need stuff from that monster (example you need a rotten chunk and 10 iron bars to make a eater of souls spawner).

There's already a potion that decreases monster spawning. Maybe an accessory would be nice, but only if they make an accessory of the Blue Water Candle as well.

And statues already spawn some monsters, so we already technically have monster spawners.

So are you suggesting they make more Monster statues? I'd be okay with that, but only if they limit the really rare drops to natural spawns (like they do with the mimic statue)

In terms of finding them naturally, it's unnecessary since monsters spawn in abundance anyway. Maybe have some monsters specific to a spawn statue, like gargoyles or something, and have them spawn with wiring already active (or activate with a pressure plate, like a trap).

Back
Top Bottom