NPCs & Enemies Moon Lord/Cuthulu Spawn Method

Lizardeye

Official Terrarian
Now I'm pretty new to this forum so level with me here if I do nooby things. Anyway on to the topic! Also uh major spoilers ahead

Now that 1.3 has launched the game has changed DRASTICALLY. (not really) With these changes came a brand new epic boss; the Moon Lord. Now I think the fight with the Lunatic Cultist and the four pillars is great. They all lead up to one giant, epic, and over the top boss fight. It's already my favorite fight. I'm able to solo this boss fight so I can handle the pillars and the Cultist fairly easily. The Moon Lord however is still a challenge. I've fought him 9 times now. Each time going around and destroying the pillars and getting ready for him to spawn. As I said the build up is amazing and the devs did a great job on everything. (besides Crawltipedes. Seriously cheap enemies) My big problem here is I've spent an hour and a half to spawn him twice. TWICE. Once every 45 minutes. This is just insane. This honestly wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have to kill him a billion times to make armor and a pair of wings so here are my ideas for fixes:
1. Item that you can rarely find in a pillar that summons him
2. Increase the amount of drops and total luminite per drop
3. After the first time summoning him you can skip the Cultist and just summon the event.
4. A spawn item in general

Do you agree with me or am I just a complainer?

Um I can't edit this to delete it since it's a duplicate so if a Mod could delete it for me you'd be a peach

For the equipment he drops, it's understandable why they made it that way. However, I do agree that it would be nice if they upped the amount of Luminite he drops. If they just upped it by 20-30, effectively making his total drop 90-120, or even reduced the required number of ores from 4 to 3 for each Luminite Bar, that alone would probably make me happy.

Back
Top Bottom