Weapons & Equip More Craftable Staves

my problem with this suggestion is that all of the sprites are basically recolored versions of each other. every item/weapon in terraria is unique in it's sprite, and making them all have a similar sprite is really lazy. plus, it makes you look like a console terraria dev. that doesn't care about unique sprites
You've already gotten hammered quite a bit, but I'll throw in that sprites are never the meat of a suggestion. The devs can make sprites if they want. Never judge suggestions by sprites.

So, because Gray summoned me, I feel the need to voice my sincerest support for this thread. It's carrying on the legacy of the gem staves - providing powerful weapons where there just isn't enough power at first. They're great stepping stones, and these look like they'd be too. Here are some sprites for you! I may be able to make more as well.
View attachment 31758 Acorn Staff
View attachment 31761 Infernal Bolt
Sweet, thanks! :D

I've been meaning to make more sprites for this thread (and my other two), but I haven't really been in a "mood" for it. (I'm weird like that, I need to be in a certain mood to sprite. %-_-)
Support! Just a few things though, the Mythril Staff kind of looks like the Frost Staff, the Prismatic Tetra is quite an upgrade from the Nova Bolt, but only requires 2 more Hallowed Bars. Maybe throw in another ingredient? No ideas for what, and this is the same for the cyber alternatives. Terra weapons kinda lost me, but I really like everything, off to read Shards! :)
Yeah, now that you mention it, the Mythril staff does look like the Frost Staff; that was completely unintentional, as I was styling it after the Mythril Sword's hilt.

As for the Tetra staves, I've been debating on those for a bit because I'm not sure how to balance them, as I'd like the keep the trend of having alternates that fire multiple bolts in the event that you end up with alternate ores. Balancing multiple shots is pretty tricky, though.

Sweet, thanks! :D

I've been meaning to make more sprites for this thread (and my other two), but I haven't really been in a "mood" for it. (I'm weird like that, I need to be in a certain mood to sprite. %-_-)
I get like that with both spriting and writing. It's odd, isn't it? If I'm not in that mood, it seems forced and doesn't turn out good.

I'll try to make some more for you in days to come!

Here's sprites for the Dusk's Vengeance and the Nature's Scepter. I'll add Unholy Destructor to this post as soon as I finish it!
Nature's Scepter.png
Dusk's_Vengenace.png

UPDATE: Added the Unholy Destructor and an alternate Dusk's Vengeance sprite.
Unholy_Destructor.png
Dusk's_Vengenace.png

Last edited:
ddddddd
Have I ever mentioned that you're awesome? And quite the bit better at this than me?
I appreciate the feedback, even though I'm not very satisfied how the Unholy staves in particular turned out. It had much to do with my trying a new head type - the Destructor's couldn't quite parallel that of the Wrath of the Gods without becoming a battleaxe, and the Dusk's Vengeance might need to be reworked completely, as it's too small.

Since I wasn't satisfied with the Unholy Destructor or the Dusk's Vengeance but still wanted a different head shape than the standard we had on the Infernal Bolt and co., I made these. I like them quite a lot.
Nova_Bolt.png
Lightning_Rod.png

(Nova Bolt and [Tetra]lightning Rod)

Awesome! This deserves way more attention than it seems to have gotten. I really like how the alternate ores have slower, multi-shot attacks. I also like the terra staff and rod. (Huge supporter of cyber/Tobbvald's tinkering btw)

Now all we need is a dungeon and jungle bow, then we can make a terra bow as well ;)

So, @The Hexagonal Donut, I was wondering if you wanted any more sprites. I'm not sure how good I am at making these, especially the tetra/tri ones. I'm perfectly willing to make sprites, but I'm not sure how good they'll be. Is that okay with you?

This needs to get in. Frost staff isn't very good for a magic weapon, so we really need more staves. (If you can't tell, I really like the staves.)

Back
Top Bottom