Weapons & Equip More grenades: Because exploding throwing weapons are fun.

0cra_tr0per

Spazmatism
Hello, this is my first suggestion.

Now, you know Grenades, they're pretty good AoE throwing weapons, but they just need something to make them worthwhile.

Introducing this thread!

Some revamps I'd like to have to the grenades is Overhauling the Grenade Launcher.
Why does the grenade launcher use rockets instead of grenades?

This would make it so that the grenade launcher fires grenades instead of rockets.

Second, making the grenade launcher obtainable earlier, by selling it for 15 gold.
"but this will make the grenade launcher too op since it's lategame!!!"
The existing grenade launcher will now use the damage of the grenade fired.

However, to replace the original launcher that would be moved earlier...
Introducing the Thorn Fragger!
It acts just like the normal launcher, but on hit, the grenade shoots a random volley of 3-5 thorns that go in random directions.
The thorns don't pierce, and do 30 damage on a direct hit from the grenade, and act like Spiked Slime spikes.

For the second revamp, I'd like more grenade types.

AP Grenade:
Appearance: An orange and white grenade.
Effect: Shoots a lot of razor-sharp projectiles that don't pierce, and the fragments cannot pierce walls.
Damage: 12/needle.
Obtainability: Can be found in place of grenades in chests. Also sold for the same price as normal grenades.

*due to my time constraints, i'll type in the rest of the types later*

The Grenade Launcher shouldn't be made to fire Grenades, as it would make Rockets less useful until the Rocket Launcher is found.
As for why it fires rockets (From a logical perspective), well, compare:
MkII_07.JPG

885c63dbffb41c9fad03e911ff2785eb.jpg

Hand grenades look almost nothing like grenades shot by grenade launchers.

The Grenade Launcher shouldn't be made to fire Grenades, as it would make Rockets less useful until the Rocket Launcher is found.
As for why it fires rockets (From a logical perspective), well, compare:
MkII_07.JPG

885c63dbffb41c9fad03e911ff2785eb.jpg

Hand grenades look almost nothing like grenades shot by grenade launchers.
...I never even realised that, thanks for claring that up though.

What confuses me is why the "grenade launcher" is named the grenade launcher if it doesn't even fire grenades. Besides, rockets aren't available pre-plantera, so players should have enough time to find a rocket launcher.

What confuses me is why the "grenade launcher" is named the grenade launcher if it doesn't even fire grenades. Besides, rockets aren't available pre-plantera, so players should have enough time to find a rocket launcher.
And it's not like the Rocket Launcher is a very popular weapon, specially if RNG decides to hate the Player, and no other ammo is found is a way that amkes it inmediately unusable (Bullets require the Arms Dealer, who only spawns if the Player has a gun, bows are really easy to obtain and crafting them requires the Workbench, which is also used to make arrows; and Seeds require the Blowgun to be found at all).
Apart from that, rockets already turn into lots of weird stuff depending on what they're fired from. If anything, the Grenade Launcher is the weapon that seems to modify them the least. In fact, it's easily the only one that makes any logical sense, as it could be assumed that it only primes the warheads without igniting the rockets, causing them to act like grenades (Which also gives it a bizarre logical reason why it deals more damage per hit than the Rocket Launcher: The fuel isn't used up on propelling the rocket, so it adds up to the warhead's explosive charge).
Finally, I already pointed out why it is perfectly logical for the Grenade Launcher to NOT fire Grenades: Hand grenades (the In-game Grenade item) look NOTHING like the grenades fired by an actual grenade launcher (Which look more similar to oversized bullets).

And it's not like the Rocket Launcher is a very popular weapon, specially if RNG decides to hate the Player, and no other ammo is found is a way that makes it immediately unusable (Bullets require the Arms Dealer, who only spawns if the Player has a gun, bows are really easy to obtain and crafting them requires the Workbench, which is also used to make arrows; and Seeds require the Blowgun to be found at all).
Apart from that, rockets already turn into lots of weird stuff depending on what they're fired from. If anything, the Grenade Launcher is the weapon that seems to modify them the least. In fact, it's easily the only one that makes any logical sense, as it could be assumed that it only primes the warheads without igniting the rockets, causing them to act like grenades (Which also gives it a bizarre logical reason why it deals more damage per hit than the Rocket Launcher: The fuel isn't used up on propelling the rocket, so it adds up to the warhead's explosive charge).
Finally, I already pointed out why it is perfectly logical for the Grenade Launcher to NOT fire Grenades: Hand grenades (the In-game Grenade item) look NOTHING like the grenades fired by an actual grenade launcher (Which look more similar to oversized bullets).
I agree about your basic argument, but the name of the weapon may mislead players.

What would you call it otherwise, anyways? a Not-Rocket Launcher?

Back
Top Bottom