Votes: 10 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • needs more work

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Brimages

Official Terrarian
At the moment the ocean only has 4 mobs, The shark, squid, crab and jelly fish.
My idea is to add more mobs to the ocean some just for look and others as a small challenge
so here are the mobs:

WHALE SHARK
whale shark.png

stats: 3000 hp
30 def
55 dmg
drops:
Gold_Coin.png
1-3
whaling harpoon
whaling harpoon.png
16%
info: the whale shark would be a rare hardmode mob which would spawn in the ocean.

SPIDER CRAB
spider crab.png

stats: 200 hp
20 def
40 dmg
drops:
Silver_Coin.png
info: the spider crab is the hardmode variant of the regular crab but would not replace it.

OCTOPUS
octopus.png

stats:150 hp
15 def
30 dmg
drops:Silver_Coin.png3
Black_Ink.png
info: is the hardmode variant of the squid which squirts ink causing the darkness debuff. (does not replace normal squid)

FISH
Betta
betta fish.png

Angel fish
angel fish.png

Clownfish
clownfish.png

Moorish Idol
moorish.png

Yellow Tang
yellow tang.png

stats:
5 hp
0 def
0 dmg
info: fish would be the butterflies of the ocean serving no real purpose but just there to brighten the mood
can also be put in terrariums to make aquariums.

WEAPONS

Whaling harpoon
whaling harpoon.png

stats: 40 dmg
strong knockback
velocity 12
usetime 28
info: is dropped by the whale shark and is pretty much a hardmode harpoon with more damage and range and is still affected by gravity.

Pistol Shrimp
pistol shrimp.png

stats: 1
8 dmg
usetime 21
velocity 8
info: the pistol shrimp is a weapon that can be fished from the ocean
it is a reference to the pistol shrimp which can snap its claws at 100km per hour producing heat over 4000 degrees Celsius but only for a short millisecond.

thats all will be adding more stuff later.

Last edited:
Orca has already been added in the Console version of Terraria, but there's not much difference to the shark. So we could have it in all versions...
Spider crab is good, even though sprite looks horrifying.
Fish, we need fish.
So is the Whaling Harpoon same as a reg. harpoon but better?

But anyway, good suggestion.

SUPPORT LEVEL: 78/100

Orca has already been added in the Console version of Terraria, but there's not much difference to the shark. So we could have it in all versions...
Spider crab is good, even though sprite looks horrifying.
Fish, we need fish.
So is the Whaling Harpoon same as a reg. harpoon but better?

But anyway, good suggestion.

SUPPORT LEVEL: 78/100
didnt realize console had an orca already and the spider crab sprite took FOREVER so ill leave it at that now i just need more ideas for mobs and drops
amd yes the whaling harpoon is about the same as the regular harpoon with more range and damage.

I like the Orca buuuut it is on the console so and its like the shark from what I was told. But I gotta say I don't like the weapon too much lol. just because of the name I guess.

I like the Orca buuuut it is on the console so and its like the shark from what I was told. But I gotta say I don't like the weapon too much lol. just because of the name I guess.
yea i didnt know console had an orca but ill just leave it like that or might change it in the future as for the harpoon what do you think it should be called?

Well it's literally called a whaling harpoon because it's for whaling.

yea i didnt know console had an orca but ill just leave it like that or might change it in the future as for the harpoon what do you think it should be called?

Not really sure it just reminds me of the weapon they use to kill whales in real life. lol It is a good idea all around Not trying to be a downer on it. Just saying a bit of input I would love the whales to be in hardmode and sharks before a good idea. And people like myself would always have that option to not use the weapon. Since harpoon is taken ofc lol.

I can see that. I guess just some people may not like it since its close to home. I love whales, That is why I said it. They are my favorite sea animal those and dolphins. I get your whole point and I do support it don't get me wrong. I just don't know if the orca would ever be added, and the harpoon is a cool looking weapon you did a good job on it.

I can see that. I guess just some people may not like it since its close to home. I love whales, That is why I said it. They are my favorite sea animal those and dolphins. I get your whole point and I do support it don't get me wrong. I just don't know if the orca would ever be added, and the harpoon is a cool looking weapon you did a good job on it.
oh thanks for clearing that up, i can see why you didnt like the name now

Updated the op, replaced orca with whale shark and added octopus as well as a shrimp pistol.Will be adding more tommorow.

Last edited:
Great idea! I've got a few suggestions though

-Maybe replace the octopus/implement a Giant Squid? Giant Squid could also make a cool boss/miniboss

-Megalodon, or some other prehistoric enemies (Liopleurodon? Tylosaurus?). Would only spawn Post-Golem

-Adding on to the above, personally I think Megalodon/a Great White Shark would do better as a hardmode Shark, as both Whale Sharks and Orca's are pretty peaceful and friendly, Whale Sharks have never even attacked a diver, and orca attacks have only happened a few times in recorded history.

Great idea! I've got a few suggestions though

-Maybe replace the octopus/implement a Giant Squid? Giant Squid could also make a cool boss/miniboss

-Megalodon, or some other prehistoric enemies (Liopleurodon? Tylosaurus?). Would only spawn Post-Golem

-Adding on to the above, personally I think Megalodon/a Great White Shark would do better as a hardmode Shark, as both Whale Sharks and Orca's are pretty peaceful and friendly, Whale Sharks have never even attacked a diver, and orca attacks have only happened a few times in recorded history.
I like your ideas;ill change the post later, but right now i have some work to do.

Back
Top Bottom