yudgefudge

The Destroyer
See, Shroomite makes you these:
  • Armor
  • A hoverboard
  • A digging claw
  • anddddddddddddddddd
  • .....plating
Nothing else? So, I decided to make my own extra gear.
Edit (27/12/19): I fixed the debuff and gave the shotbow a new ability. Also, I gave the scope better abilities (and nerfed it) and fixed the launcher.
First, let me cover a new debuff: Fungal Growth.
Tooltip: "You have fungus growing in strange places."
It makes mushroom spores grow on the target. It lasts 5 seconds, and leeches from the target. It starts at a flat damage of 3, then doubles each second, leading to this sequence of damage: 3, 6, 12, 24, and 48 damage. The damage will cap off at 100. Any enemies in the mushroom biome have a 33% to inflict Fungal Growth.
Now, I'll get to the gear.
First, we have:
Shroomite Shotbow
Shroomite Shotbow.png

Uses arrows for ammo
Damage: 53 (Ranged)
Knockback: 3
Critical chance: 10%
Use time: 14
Velocity: 14
Tooltip: Shoots mushroomy arrows
Sells for 8 gold
Arrows shot by the Shroomite Shotbow have a 20% chance to inflict Fungal Growth. Chlorophyte arrows guarantee Fungal Growth. If used in conjunction with Shroomite armor, the damage is doubled.
Crafted from 12 Shroomite Bars.
But that's not all! Say hello to:
Shroomite Yeeter
Shroomite Yeeter.png

Uses rockets for ammo
Damage: 65
Knockback: 4
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 20
Velocity: 11
Tooltip: "Yes. It yeets."
Sells for 12 gold
Rockets shot by this launcher leave lingering spores that behave like Spiky balls. They last for 4 seconds before disappearing. If using Shroockets, the fire rate is faster by 45%.
Let me explain those Shroockets now.
Shroocket
Shroocket.png

Damage: 50
Blast radius: Large
Crafted from 100 Rocket IIs and a Shroomite bar. Makes 100.
Inflicts Fungal Growth upon hit.
Lastly, one more ammo type, and an accessory.
Shroomite Bullet
Shroomite Bullet.png

Damage: 17
Velocity: 3
Knockback: 2
Crafted from 1 Shroomite bar - makes 333
Inflicts Fungal Growth

Shroomite Scope
Shroomite Scope.png

Tooltip:"Excellent sniping abilities - positively ninja-like."
Gives sniping view
12% increased ranged damage
14% increased ranged critical chance
5% increased ranged velocity
4% increased movement speed
So what do you all think?

Last edited:
[Fungal Growth] is just poisoned but blue.

So it's completely useless, got it. It shouldn't be though, otherwise both Shroomite ammo types have no reason to be used.

Shroomite Shotbow
Shroomite Shotbow.png

[Stats]
Arrows shot by the Shroomite Shotbow have a 20% chance to inflict Fungal Growth. Chlorophyte arrows glow when shot by this bow.

What's this? An use for Chlorophyte Arrows? nice. Seems underpowered, but that's probably just because of how strong the Chloro Shotbow is.

Shroomite Yeeter
Shroomite Yeeter.png

Uses rockets for ammo
Damage: 50
Knockback: 4
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 32
Velocity: 11
Rockets shot by the Shroomite Yeeter have a 20% chance to inflict Fungal Growth. If using Shroockets, the fire rate is faster by 45%.

On one hand, more Rocket Launchers, neat. On the other hand, this has bad DPS and forces you to use a rocket type with "small" explosions which will make it bad for crowd control. Needs a major stats up (and a buff to the Shroockets) otherwise it's worse than a Grenade Launcher (which isn't a very high standard to beat).

The two abilities also contradict each other, since you won't be using this with anything other than Shroockets which already inflict the debuff on hit.

Shroomite Scope
Shroomite Scope.png

Tooltip:"Excellent sniping abilities - positively ninja-like."
Gives sniping view
+12% ranged damage
-1 defense
+20% ranged critical chance

+32% DPS with a plus, with a meaningless drawback that could be multiplied by 100 and still not compensate for the fact it's +32% DPS with a plus in a single slot.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest some more Shroomite weapons, but you beat me to it :dryadtongue: (I had some already in development, if I decide to post them I'll make sure to add a massive link to this thread first so people don't think I'm stealing)
I have to admit the Debuff is really useless, as for post-plantera it really deals hardly any damage at all to enemies.
The bow could use another special ability as it seems a little bland.
The launcher is not a bad idea, I HATE the name and it seems a little under powered, like J Bame said.
The ammo seems very underpowered, as it's just a regular bullet/rocket that inflicts a tiny debuff to enemies.
The Scope seems very overpowered and the 1 defence is very pointless.

The sprites look great though, keep it up :dryadhappy:

Last edited:
So it's completely useless, got it. It shouldn't be though, otherwise both Shroomite ammo types have no reason to be used.
I think I've made it much more useful.

What's this? An use for Chlorophyte Arrows? nice. Seems underpowered, but that's probably just because of how strong the Chloro Shotbow is.
I think I've given it a much better power.

On one hand, more Rocket Launchers, neat. On the other hand, this has bad DPS and forces you to use a rocket type with "small" explosions which will make it bad for crowd control. Needs a major stats up (and a buff to the Shroockets) otherwise it's worse than a Grenade Launcher (which isn't a very high standard to beat).

The two abilities also contradict each other, since you won't be using this with anything other than Shroockets which already inflict the debuff on hit.
Yeah, thats true. I gave it a much more cool ability now.

+32% DPS with a plus, with a meaningless drawback that could be multiplied by 100 and still not compensate for the fact it's +32% DPS with a plus in a single slot.
I decided to nerf it a bit.

Well, the debuff is now only gonna be good on bosses if you can keep the debuff going (cap it off somewhere, though), as you'll probably kill weaker targets by the time the damage gets to 48.
As for the bow, everyone who's making Shroomite stuff will likely already be making the armor, and the ability's still not nearly as interesting as, say, the Rocket Launcher's.
Speaking of Questionable Name, I'm a little iffy on the effectiveness of Spiky Ball-like items this late in the game, and am concerned as to why you intend to lock us into using the one rocket type.
The ammunition is also a little boring, if mostly due to the debuf-
Wait, there's no Shroomite Arrow?

Well, the debuff is now only gonna be good on bosses if you can keep the debuff going (cap it off somewhere, though), as you'll probably kill weaker targets by the time the damage gets to 48.
As for the bow, everyone who's making Shroomite stuff will likely already be making the armor, and the ability's still not nearly as interesting as, say, the Rocket Launcher's.
Speaking of Questionable Name, I'm a little iffy on the effectiveness of Spiky Ball-like items this late in the game, and am concerned as to why you intend to lock us into using the one rocket type.
The ammunition is also a little boring, if mostly due to the debuf-
Wait, there's no Shroomite Arrow?
No. I did that purposefully cause arrows suck cause there's no real point for them?

Fungal Growth could be a debuff that marks an enemy with a blue tint upon inflicting them with the debuff. It would do nothing at first and would be permanently on the enemy. However, upon death, the enemy could explode into 10 or so spores in all directions that make contact with other enemies, dealing damage. It could be a fixed damage rate, such as 70, or it could take the damage from the gun itself. This could be a nice way to give certain guns a better way to deal with mobs, but it could nullify the niche of rockets and make them obsolete. Just an idea, though, so I'd let other people interpret it.

The equipment itself is neato. Any balance advice from me has already been provided by the peeps above me. :p

Back
Top Bottom