Game Mechanics More uses for Coins

SolarAweTM

Skeletron Prime
Goblin Tinkerer Reforging affected by Coin Luck
Currently from my research there is no way to influence the outcome of reforging, only ways to influence the cost. I feel that specifically having Coin Luck from throwing coins into Shimmer should at least slightly improve the player's chances to get a positive modifier.

Coin-based Locks for Map Makers and Builders
As with Gem Locks, Coin Locks could output a wire signal if the player interacting with the Lock has enough money, based on the type of Lock (such as 50 silver, 1 gold, 50 gold, and 1 platinum to provide an example). The coins would also be taken from the player. These could be sold by the Pirate NPC or directly crafted in the same way Gem Locks are.

Tips
In addition to the existing tip regarding putting coins in storage...
If you store your Coins in a Chest or Piggy Bank, you will be less likely to lose them.
Another tip should be added to let players know that when coins are placed in a Piggy Bank or Safe (and other personal storage), they can be used to buy things directly from the aforementioned storage. Example:
Storing your Coins in a Piggy Bank or Safe allows you to buy items using the amount stored.

Let Chester pick up Coins
As Chester functions basically like a Piggy Bank as a pet, I think it'd make sense if he could also move around and pick up coins on his own and send them directly to the Piggy Bank inventory. Alternatively, this could be done as an upgrade to the Eye Bone, maybe with a Treasure Magnet.

Back
Top Bottom