Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Wall Of Flesh

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImDovy

Skeletron Prime
As the title says vote for which one of the pre-hardmode bosses you hate the most and why. I for one hate brain of cthulhu because it's always so hard for me to beat it but today I beat it on expert mode it's happiest day of my life yet :p

then good for you that means you don't rage as much as me when you die to the brain :l
Well if i had to pick one boss that i don't like that much is probably...
Queen bee, Because it doesn't feel like it's significant in any way (IMO)

Expert-mode Skeletron. Holy crap is he a pain. I have tried several different arenas/buffs/armors/weapons/tactics. Its my lack of mobility which ends up getting me in the end. Even with Cthulhu Shield, Cloud in a Bottle, Obsidian Horseshoe, and Spectre Boots, I make some mistake and then his head is spinning on top of me for 50+ damage every second or so. Ive put the Dryad in a hut next to the arena so I can get a defense buff, Ive put the nurse and a bed in another hut so I can quick heal but Im too slow for it to be effective. I am definitely not the best fighter in Terraria, but I will get him! *shakes fist at the sky* Im desperate for that Cobalt Shield in Expert-mode. I may need to go into hardmode though to get some wings so I can be more mobile when fighting him, but Id rather not.

Expert-mode Skeletron. Holy crap is he a pain. I have tried several different arenas/buffs/armors/weapons/tactics. Its my lack of mobility which ends up getting me in the end. Even with Cthulhu Shield, Cloud in a Bottle, Obsidian Horseshoe, and Spectre Boots, I make some mistake and then his head is spinning on top of me for 50+ damage every second or so. Ive put the Dryad in a hut next to the arena so I can get a defense buff, Ive put the nurse and a bed in another hut so I can quick heal but Im too slow for it to be effective. I am definitely not the best fighter in Terraria, but I will get him! *shakes fist at the sky* Im desperate for that Cobalt Shield in Expert-mode. I may need to go into hardmode though to get some wings so I can be more mobile when fighting him, but Id rather not.
Remember that Sunflowers are giving extra mobility when you're close to them. And then use something like the Minishark (35 gold isn't that hard to get in Expert mode!) and stay at a pretty safe distance. If your arena has three levels, stick to the middle one, when he sweeps his hands jump up or down and just focus down the head. If you're far enough away from him the fast spinning won't reach you. :) When he starts shooting skulls, I found that "jumping in circles" was really effective at dodging. I found him challenging, but not that hard really.

The Queen Bee however... that one was a real pain. It took me nine or ten attempts on Expert mode to get her. That last health when she goes bananas is just insane!

I agree with this 100%, expert mode skeletron was probably one of most difficult and frustrating fights I've ever had in Terraria, and its all because of his :red:ing knockback trapping me and forcing me to take multiple hits. If it wasn't for this I would probably would have beat him on my third try, but instead I fought him seven times before I emerged victorious thanks to a featherfall potion.

My least favourite part is the WoF part of the game. Annoying boss, annoying preparation and it killed me a ton.

The Queen Bee however... that one was a real pain. It took me nine or ten attempts on Expert mode to get her. That last health when she goes bananas is just insane!

Although this boss really is a pain, careful preparation with a decent arena can make life easy*ish*. I made sure to get as many items to warding using the tinkerers workbench, got a lucky drop of a Beozar from one of the hornets, used a water bolt and healing/mana potions. Still that end phase is pretty much a tear fest if mistakes are made :p.

Skeletron is my most hated so far.

Brain of Cthulhu.
Especially in Expert mode.

It's a deceiving son of a bastard, with those illusions.

King Slime is a pain in the :red: to actually summon, but he's not required for progression.

Queen Bee, both in expert and in normal mode.
It took me more time to find her most times than to kill her, even in expert.

Eater of Worlds. Super easy and not much of a challenge, even in Expert mode. Brain of Cthulhu is arguably the same but I like that fight a little more so its bearable.

In expert mode... the queen bee and skeletron can go truck themselves. In normal mode... well I love them all :D

Queen Bee isn't that hard once you can time her attacks with Shield of Cthulhu dash.

But god,did I died fighting the Skeletron. But you know,I really like the game this way,it feels more rewarding defeating the bosses.

I'd probably say Skeletron... especially in Expert. I died twice, the first time with his health at around 100 remaining.. ;(
Queen Bee was difficult, but with good armor and a load of regeneration buffs (Honey, Campfire, Heart Lantern and Band of Regen) she could not whittle my character down enough :)

Brain of Cthulhu.
Especially in Expert mode.

It's a deceiving son of a bastard, with those illusions.

King Slime is a pain in the :red: to actually summon, but he's not required for progression.

what I did with those illusions I set the original BoC on fire. the illusions can't go on fire and you can see the real one.

Skeletron, on expert mode.
Skeletron was always easy peasy, but they had to make him tough stuff on expert.
Now he requires more skill to kill.

I feel saying this is really bad, but the EoC... You just can't really get prepared for it all that well. Best armour you can get before defeating him is platinum/gold/ancient shadow, while also having a fairly weak weapon as well. One you get going on the bosses though, it just gets easier and easier to deal with the next boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom