Console Mouse & Keyboard Binds

K-DEN

Terrarian
The addition of Mouse & Keyboard was one of the most exciting things about the update for me as a PC Player with friends on console. I always found the controller hard to play with so I was excited to play K&M with my console friends. Unfortunately I was really disappointed with the lack of thought that seemed to have gone into the keybinds for K&M players, the controller binds had like 10 different pages whereas K&M had 4. Essential things that are on PC such as Shift+clicking things into a chest and alt+clicking things to favourite were just not there and this is only a couple of things amogst many. I hope that in the future changes can be made in order to make the controls for K&M on console more accurate to PC as it is like the bare minimum has been put into K&M on console.

Edit: Another thing to add is that you cannot play the game whilst still being in your inventory as well as you can on PC.
Like you can’t just click on an item in your inventory and drag it out to use even when it is not in your hotbar.

Last edited:
The addition of Mouse & Keyboard was one of the most exciting things about the update for me as a PC Player with friends on console. I always found the controller hard to play with so I was excited to play K&M with my console friends. Unfortunately I was really disappointed with the lack of thought that seemed to have gone into the keybinds for K&M players, the controller binds had like 10 different pages whereas K&M had 4. Essential things that are on PC such as Shift+clicking things into a chest and alt+clicking things to favourite were just not there and this is only a couple of things amogst many. I hope that in the future changes can be made in order to make the controls for K&M on console more accurate to PC as it is like the bare minimum has been put into K&M on console.

Edit: Another thing to add is that you cannot play the game whilst still being in your inventory as well as you can on PC.
Like you can’t just click on an item in your inventory and drag it out to use even when it is not in your hotbar.
Thanks for the report @K-DEN.

Back
Top Bottom