WIP Mr Brown

Artie

King Slime
Hello.
Welcome to my new literature project! It's titled, obviously, "Mr Brown", and it is not connected to my other series, "The Silver Sword". Look signature for details.
I'll update it as often as I can, but frankly, I don't know what will come out of it. I might even end up moving it to 'non-terraria' part of tcf.
So let's get right into it!

Mr Brown,
Chapter 1

'And that, students, will be it for today's lecture.'
mr Brown folded his glasses, wiped the blackboard clean and went out of the classroom. It was 2 p.m., his favorite time of the day. The time his last lesson ended.

Brown left the building and allowed himself the pleasure of eating a donut. Filled with strawberry cream, it was a real deal at 0.99$.

He sat on a park bench, finished the donut and thought about his job.
When he left university with a degree in applied mathematics, Brown was still full of energy and prepared for a change in his life. It hasn't come yet.

He was quickly forced to get a job. The only suitable option he found was working as a math teacher in a nearby school. At first he thought it would only be a part-time, a source of money until he finds a better one.

That was 28 years ago. And although his dreams never entirely went away, Brown hasn't been able to exactly pursue them, either. He met Linda, had two little children, and already started to have trouble with rheumatism. The "Middle-Aged" tag gradually stopped applying to him.

He finished the donut, patted his belly, and stood up. He slowly began walking towards his house, pausing once in a while to stretch. Brown always grew stiff in that uncomfortable teacher's seat.

It wasn't until half an hour later that he finally got to his home. He went in, kissed his wife and played with his children; he fell asleep somewhere around 10 p.m., exhausted after a good day's work.

Somewhere around 2 a.m. it woke him up.
~​

Back
Top Bottom