Weapons & Equip Multi Tool (One Item For All)

What are your thoughts?

• Yes, this is a good idea

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No, this is a bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure. could use some work (Post ideas in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rediniowa5

Cultist
My idea is for a Multi Tool

Function: To serve as
- Hammer
- Axe
- Pickaxe

How would it work you ask? It would follow the logic used for The Grand Design
Link to The Grand Design: https://terraria.wiki.gg/The_Grand_Design

It would in essense allow you to swap between the main tools for an adventurer/builder

How would you craft such a thing you ask?

Crafting Recipe: Tier 1
- Molten Hamaxe
- Molten Pickaxe

(deals fire damage on hit)

Crafting Recipe: Tier 2
- Pickaxe Axe
- Drax

(Tier 2 loses fire effect)

Crafting Recipe: Tier 3 (Final Tier)
- Lunar Tools (Hamaxe and Pickaxe)
- Shroomite Digging Claws

Tooltip:
One Tool to Build/Destroy it all.

Damage: To be determined per each tier. (Feel free to suggest)

Last edited:
The Hamdrax was removed because a tool cannot tweak block shape and dig blocks at the same time. It also often breaks walls by accident.

The third tier is not worth crafting because the Shroomite Digging claw is better than the Lunar pickaxes.

Lower numbers are better, and tool speed is the one that counts. If you use them both next to each other, you'll see the difference. The claws can melt blocks as fast as you can fall.

I think that would be a better idea. Having said that, while I'm not opposed to the idea of a multi-tool that encapsulates all of the building tools (as long as the hammer/mining problem can be resolved), I don't like the idea of making it a feasible weapon on top of that. The point of the tools was that they were never up to snuff in combat, and even if you do make this tool a decent melee combat weapon, people are still going to shirk it in favor of the better items available at that tier - so it's not going to serve its intended purpose in that arena. I don't see the point in combining the sword, here.

alright, so we remove the weapon capability, add shroomite claws to tier 3 and we got the multi tool.

(Hammer/mining issue resolved via a menu like that of the grand design)

Updated it.

Last edited:
Well, if that's what you want. It is your suggestion; I can only give my opinion on it. But it is something I'd like to see in-game.

The one thing about the shroomite claws is that while they're considered the most popular endgame mining item for their speed, they do have less range than most pickaxes.

Back
Top Bottom