PC Multiple Mods

Myth

Terrarian
So this isn't about making a mod, although I'd love to, just don't see why as there are so many already that I could play those instead of make a trash bin to put mine in.
Anyways, recently I started playing with more than one mod installed, using tModLoader and when recording I get lag that sticks to around 50 FPS at times, like usually near my NPC village, usually where there are more tiles on the screen. Anywhere else is fine, except maybe during a boss fight, when using a bow and have arrows flying everywhere, or during a goblin invasion.

What would be the best way to fix this lag issue? Could it be because some mods combat with others using resources in the game that it's inevitable I'll receive lag when recording? If I'm not recording it's fine, but when I start it will lag at 50 FPS and cause my game to be in slow motion.

I've tried closing other programs, setting a high priority for the process, and obviously, I've tested to see if I would lag when not recording and I don't. I haven't tried playing fullscreen, but with Terraria the game is stretched and my mouse isn't as responsive, or as precise. It usually feels like I'm dragging a weight on the cursor and it's like I'm still lagging with 60 FPS.

EDIT: I've also got my lighting on Trippy, multicore lighting on 0, and not that it matters with Trippy lighting as it does Color but the quality is on low. I've tried turning the background on and off and it doesn't affect anything.

The problem is probaly your computer, if your recording software can capture certain areas of the screen, then you could try going out of full screen and just decrease the windows border a little

As stated above, the problem may lie with your computer, but there are also some other possibilities.
One that pops to mind immediately is optimalization. This is probably one of the last things on a modders mind (if he/she even thinks about it in the first place).
If this is the case (which is kind of hard to know without giving the mods source a look), then it's really mod specific and there's not really a lot you can do about it, other than uninstalling the mod.

As stated above, the problem may lie with your computer, but there are also some other possibilities.
One that pops to mind immediately is optimalization. This is probably one of the last things on a modders mind (if he/she even thinks about it in the first place).
If this is the case (which is kind of hard to know without giving the mods source a look), then it's really mod specific and there's not really a lot you can do about it, other than uninstalling the mod.
Alright thanks. I know I'm due for an upgrade soon but I can run the game in 1080p with a constant 60 fps not recording fine now. Like I said also sometimes it lags sometimes it doesn't, it's weird and annoyingly frustrating. Could be optimization between the mods and the fact that I'm using a 4 year old pc.

Alright thanks. I know I'm due for an upgrade soon but I can run the game in 1080p with a constant 60 fps not recording fine now. Like I said also sometimes it lags sometimes it doesn't, it's weird and annoyingly frustrating. Could be optimization between the mods and the fact that I'm using a 4 year old pc.
I think the fact that it only lags sometimes should prove it has got to have something to do with optimalization (too much updates for projectiles/NPCs/players running, unnecessary checks, etc).

I think the fact that it only lags sometimes should prove it has got to have something to do with optimalization (too much updates for projectiles/NPCs/players running, unnecessary checks, etc).
Alright thanks. I figured it might be the mods as my pc hasn't had any issues.

Back
Top Bottom