Xbox 360 Multiplying enemies

Freakshow

Queen Bee
So I was playing a new world. And my friend was expericing enemies multiplying when he hits them and the enemies hit him. Has anyone else experienced this?

So I was playing a new world. And my friend was expericing enemies multiplying when he hits them and the enemies hit him. Has anyone else experienced this?
Well, I have before (on Single Player) and I think there is a reason why it happens: let's just say that the enemies "multiply" as a measure of dynamic difficulty (considering how easy it is to do certain stuff on Console than other versions, including fighting monsters). Think of it as a risk/reward mechanic hidden in place.

In short: When you do better against the enemies, they will come in higher numbers in order to overwhelm you. In practice, this situation is more clever than it looks. ;)

Last edited:
The Hardmode dungeon is a perfect example of monster multiplication based on player performance it's quite clever like you say, most games set spawn rates based on other factors like timing

But the monsters multiply to around from 1 straight to 14, oh and it only happened to him in a multiplayer game. I couldn't see the monsters, but he could. It's like the multiplied are client based.

Back
Top Bottom