My Character and World are having an issue.

Brewmaster

Terrarian
Hello!

I have a very big problem with the Terraria. I started playing this game with a cracked version 2 years ago, and this problem never happened before. A week ago I bought the normal Terraria in Scrap.tf for 4 Team Fortress 2 keys and it worked well after it. (That doesn't mean anything i think) And i started playing everything was fine, I got to post-Moon Lord in 36 hours, Yesterday. So when i was playing with the game I was on the Moon Lord spawning progress, the Lunar Event everything went fine. I did this event 3 or 4 times I don't really remember. At 23:50 (yesterday) I was on this event but i got really.. REALLY tired and I left in the middle of the Lunar Event, i pressed the [ESC] button and clicked on the Save and Quit. After that I just moved my hand to the computer's main switch and i turned it off. Today in 2017 12.10 I wanted to continue playing Terraria but i couldn't because i wasn't able to play my character. My character had a normal outfit with brown hair and green shirt etc.. the normal male Terraria outfit, my custom one wasn't there and my name disappeared too. I had 100 hp and 20 mana. The [PLAY] button didn't work but the Trash, the Move to Cloud and the Favourite buttons worked well. I just said in myself "if the world is not gonna work i'm going to break this computer to half". I started a new character with random outfit/name just to test my world. My world had no name, but i was able to play it and do everything with it. I pressed the play button and my game crashed. The error code was :
System.ArgumentException: The rectangle is too large or too small for this resource.
Parameter name: rect
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture.GetAndValidateRect(_D3DSURFACE_DESC* __unnamed000, UInt32* pdwLockWidth, UInt32* pdwLockHeight, Nullable`1 rect)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CopyData[T](Int32 level, Nullable`1 rect, T[] data, Int32 startIndex, Int32 elementCount, UInt32 options, Boolean isSetting)
at Terraria.GameContent.Liquid.LiquidRenderer.SetWaveMaskData(Texture2D& texture)
at Terraria.GameContent.Shaders.WaterShaderData.StepLiquids()
at Terraria.GameContent.Shaders.WaterShaderData.PreDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

This error is copied from cheeziiboii in this forum. (Sorry but i'm not fast enough to copy mine, but the error code looked like that, and this error code is sometimes blink up only, if this not appears there will be only a Warning that says : "The Windows is trying to find the problem".) I have Windows 10. I only have 1 World and Character now only. (i deleted the test characters and worlds, btw if i make a new world they are working fine, [i don't want to make a new one i want to find a solution to this problem.])
25105554_408872352864908_1897766393_n.jpg

25188294_408872439531566_743256588_n.jpg

yo literally same exact thing here, it only happened to my world though, if anyone could help it would be appreciated

yo literally same exact thing here, it only happened to my world though, if anyone could help it would be appreciated

Unfortunately not much can be done in the case of file corruption which is why it's imperative you always keep backups of your files. Here are your options as they stand:

There are a plethora of reasons files of missing or get corrupted, it could have been a hardware issue, an operating system issue, a user error, a software confliction or some other software issue. Sometimes it's just plain unavoidable. That's why it's highly recommended to keep manual backups of your files after each play session for Terraria. You can copy the World and Characters folders to other location or an external drive. The default location is \Documents\My Games\Terraria.
1. Check the Steam Data Folder: While sometimes the steam cloud can be the very thing to cause the issue, it might also be the very thing that ends up saving you. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\STEAM ACCOUNT NUMBER\105600\remote (the steam account number is going to be a collection of random numbers and it will be different for each person. Most likely you will only see one folder so click whichever one shows up.) and see if your files are there.

Other methods from the guide have been omitted as they do not apply to your situation.

Back
Top Bottom