**REPORTED** My Chests Are Broken/Cannot Be Opened! NPC's All Gone!

OneEyedSmurf

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello Guys!

I am seeking help as to why my chests are not accessible... And that is simply that!

Things to know:

I'm playing on PC!
Host and Play multiplayer steam session, however I'm by myself currently! Which means nobody can be in my chests etc...
My chests was working fine on my last play session (about an hour before now).
If I break a chest, the contents of the chest do not drop out...
If I place a chest that chest will work and can be opened.
It's only chests that had already been placed/filled that are broken.
The chests had been filled with jsut general loot/treasure from my playthrough.
My world is in Hardmode.
No duping/cheating/item spawning or any mods being used, completely vanilla!
There is no chest icon appearing when hovering over my chests suggesting it can be opened.

I tried launching it as a single player session and it tells me ''Load Failed! No Backup Found''

I have tried multiple charecters and same problem occurs...

Finally I have tried both restarting the game, and restarting my PC, aswell as closing all Terraria related tasks running via Task Manager

Would appreciate any advice and would highly appreciate a fix if one is known!

Thanks

OneEye.

Edit: After placing a chest which can be accessed, when the world has been rejoined that chest then becomes broken too. So the world is going to be unplayable onwards which is sad...
I can access my Money Trough but I guess that Data is Charecter saved and not part of your world save.

Edit part 2: I have just noticed that all my NPC's are entirely gone, all non existing, and each time I join back they slowly Arrive... The last thing I did on my world did not involve any of them being harmed of killed... Other monsters are being spawned in still and dropping loot!

Still seeking help please! Thanks!

Last edited:
Bumping because it's more important than most other stuff being posted, I feel for anyone else who cannot access their chests making their 40+ Hour world playthrough unplayable.

Still seeking help after trying out things such as restoring the backup files...

Nothing has worked and all of the above still persists.

Thanks for reading!

Could you upload the world file for this world please?

Yes sir! Here you go!

As you spawn in the chests are just at the bottom of the building, and others are scattered around!
Thanks!

The NPC's all vanished when this bug first Occured, they do return but very slowly and have sometimes vanished again without being killed.
I should also mention that all signs, and gravestones text also vanished.

I pray you can help! <3

Attachments

• The_World!.wld.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 91
  • The_World!.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Same problem here
I got 40+hour on my master world i really hope you find a sollution
I notice that multiple request like that appear with the 1.4.0.2

1590171798556.png

This screen should do the talk for me
Notice how the pillard get cut in 2

This world is corrupted. That is the point at which the data stopped saving when it was interrupted.

Hey there, I have the exact same problems: my chests won't open and all my NPCs disappear each time I enter the world. I'm extremely frustrated by this and I don't know what to do! This started happening half an hour ago, I tried everything I could think of but I couldn't figure out what went wrong to begin with. Is it possible that my file got corrupted too? ):

Update: I'm not sure of what I did to "solve" the problem, but even though I cannot open the chests that were placed before this problem started (or generated when the world was created), if I mine them I'm able to place them normally and they work as usual. Same goes for the NPC, now they spawn naturally and stay (as they should). If any of this helps, when I started to have this problem, I had my data saved in the cloud, now I just have it as a local copy ^^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom