PC My Game Hasn't Launched In Years

QrowIsDying

Terrarian
My game hasn't launched in years, it will act like its starting in Steam, even showing up in task manager, then it crashes(?) before it actually opens. This usually takes 2-10 seconds and I've done everything I can think of other than changing my OS. I have completely re-downloaded the game more times than I can count, validated files, even crawled into decade-old forums chasing old distributables and re-downloading the engine it apparently runs on. It's been a long time since I tried to get Terraria working again, but I would really appreciate the hand. I think at some point I installed a mod of some variety and got TMod, but after that I THINK it stopped working, which is strange because I completely erased all mod files and TMod manager as well. I also did all of this at least five times with zero antivirus or firewall enabled thinking it was Windows being stupid, lo and behold, it did not work. I've also tried messing with steam launch options, like opening it in windowed mode, which also did not work. I am at my absolute wits end as to what I should do and would really appreciate a hand.

Additionally I contacted Terraria Support but never got an email back

Documents/my games/Terraria
My Terraria files are in a different place so I searched the steam folder its in for the file. The only config.json file is in Mordhau, or so the search is saying. I'm not actually sure if that's normal or not, but Terraria doesn't have one

My Terraria files are in a different place so I searched the steam folder its in for the file. The only config.json file is in Mordhau, or so the search is saying. I'm not actually sure if that's normal or not, but Terraria doesn't have one
The config should just be where the world and player files are. I'll show a screenshot of the full filepath on my laptop in a bit if it helps.

It would help if you gave some details about your computer, like OS, CPU, GPU, RAM,....

The config should just be where the world and player files are. I'll show a screenshot of the full filepath on my laptop in a bit if it helps.
That would really help, here is a screenshot of my files in Terraria. I went through the folder and there's no world or player files, probably because I had to delete everything and never got the game to launch again
Screenshot (201).png

That would really help, here is a screenshot of my files in Terraria. I went through the folder and there's no world or player files, probably because I had to delete everything and never got the game to launch againView attachment 425785
This is where it should be:
1694100156212.png

(Replace the user name with the one on your computer of course)

Still nothing, it may actually be worse now. Do you think you could copy the contents of your Terraria folder and send them here? Maybe if I replace what I'm potentially missing it'll fix it
If a config.json being added didn't fix it then I don't think there's much else, but I did also notice a lack of an input profiles folder so here's the one I have.
Just be warned, it might make your left click and right click get swapped in the main menu, as I have it set like that for comfort

Attachments

• input profiles.json
    18.2 KB · Views: 22
I popped the file in but still nothing. Here's a screenshot of the folder now, anything seem off? And I don't think I'd mind that. I used to have left and right click swapped when I played GMod
Screenshot (205).png

If a config.json being added didn't fix it then I don't think there's much else, but I did also notice a lack of an input profiles folder so here's the one I have.
Just be warned, it might make your left click and right click get swapped in the main menu, as I have it set like that for comfort

Back
Top Bottom