Builds My Hogwarts Wizarding World Builds

LunaViolet

Terrarian
Hello! This is my first post here. I wanted to show you my Hogwarts/Wizarding World builds, for which I used a Large World Journey Mode map with no mods.

This is a project I've been working on for some time now. After building a couple of ugly "non wooden box houses" (which were basically 2-material boxes with roofs), I decided to try something more challenging and build Hogwarts Castle from Harry Potter. I started the map in July/August 2020 and spent the fall/winter months of the last years on it.

small.png

Originally I wanted to build only the castle, but then I thought it would be cool to also build Hogsmeade, the Weasley House and Diagon Alley, and then I added more and more buildings and my wizarding world was growing. It's still a work in progress, I'm constantly adding or rebuilding things, but now I'm at a point where I can say I'm almost done and running out of ideas what to add because I have built almost all of the important locations from the story (also, I am almost running out of space on the surface level).

The design of my buildings is mostly based on the movies, some of it is a mix of books and films, and other parts are based on the books only. Some of the designs are based on the drawings from Pottermore (e.g. the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff common rooms). I tried to stick close to the books when there are floor locations for specific rooms or when rooms are supposed to be close to each other, but sometimes I had to deviate because some floors of my castle did not have enough rooms, while others were too empty. My map is not based on a specific school year, but contains details from all books/films.

My favourite thing in Terraria that works well in this project is that you can add a lot of "special effects" that make the world feel more magical. I connected a lot of fireplaces with teleporters to serve as "Floo network", there are passageways that can be opened "magically", and so on. I also loved placing signs with quotes from the book (like lists, letters, spells) or filling chests with suitable items.

castle-only_resize.png

Active building months:
  • August 2020 - January 2021
  • October 2021 - November 2021
  • October 2022 - November 2022
Building progress:

August 2020 - January 2021
  • Map creation [July 31, 2020]
  • Hogwarts Castle [August - October 2020]
  • Hogsmeade [? - November 2020]
  • Privet Drive (Dursleys) [? - October 2020]
  • The Burrow (Weasleys) [? - October 2020]
  • Lovegood House [? - November 2020]
  • Diagon Alley, Part 1 (Leaky Cauldron, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes) [? - October 2020]
October 2021
  • Diagon Alley, Part 2 (Gringotts)
  • Knockturn Alley
  • Grimmauld Place
  • reworked Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
  • Hogwarts Castle: reworked Hospital Wing and added a few teachers' rooms
  • St. Mungos Hospital
November 2021
  • added "special effects": connected fireplaces and "vanishing cabinets" with teleporters, added pressuee plates to turn on/off some lights in the castle
  • finished tunnels to Chamber of Secrets and Shrieking Shack
  • reworked Quidditch Pitch
  • small overhaul of Hogsmeade
  • Hogsmeade: overhaul of Zonko's Joke Shop
  • small overhaul of Hogwarts, changed some rooms, overhaul of Myrtle's bathroom sink
  • Hogwarts: overhaul of "Mirror of Erised"
  • Diagon Alley: more progress on Gringotts Vaults, added traps
  • Hogwarts: added Underwater Mermaid village
  • Hogsmeade: Sirius' cave
  • Hogsmeade Train Station
  • Ministry of Magic
November 2021/December 2021
  • Wool's Orphanage (Tom Riddle's home)
  • King's Cross Train Station
October 2022
  • Wool's Orphanage overhaul
  • King's Cross overhaul
  • Shell Cottage (Bill and Fleur's house)
  • Azkaban (unfinished)
  • Forbidden Forest (unfinished)
  • Malfoy Manor (unfinished)
  • Hogwarts: Triwizard Maze
  • Riddle Graveyard
  • Hogwarts exterior overhaul (added some details on stone walls)
  • Quidditch Pitch overhaul
  • Hogwarts: Umbridge's Office (alternate version to standard DADA office)
November 2022
  • Godric's Hollow: Church and Graveyard
  • Godric's Hollow: Potter house
  • Godric's Hollow: Bathilda Bagshot's house
  • Slughorn's house
  • Hogwarts: rebuilt roof of Great Hall, added arch
  • Spinner's End (Snape's house)
  • Granger house
  • Riddle's Horcrux cave
  • Little Hangleton: Frank Bryce's cottage
  • Little Hangleton: Riddle house
  • Little Hangleton: Gaunt House
  • Hogwarts Express Viaduct
Dezember 2022
  • Hogwarts Express Train
  • Knight Bus
February 2023, October 2023
  • Forest of Dean campsite (unfinished)

More pictures of the Castle:
The whole Hogwarts grounds take a lot of space since it's not just the castle but also the Quidditch Pitch, Hagrid's Hut, and Whomping Willow, etc.

Here's a picture of the whole school grounds (be warned, it's huge):

Another picture of the whole castle, where I labelled all the rooms so you know what they are supposed to be (also huge picture):

Detail shots of Hogwarts:

The Great Hall (also the spawn point) was the first thing I built in this world and I think you can still see that because it's not as good as my later builds. I am still not entirely happy with it, even though I have torn down and rebuilt the roof and small towers a couple of times. I am also not happy with the size and shape of it, but since I built everything around it, I can't do anything about that because there's no space.
01. Great Hall, Kitchens 2022-11-07.png

Right underneath the Great Hall we have the kitchens. The room on the top right is the History of Magic classroom, underneath is the entrance hall that connects the Great Hall to the rest of the castle, the dark room with the chains is Filch's office.
Filch02.jpeg

Filch01.jpeg

Filch's dresser:
Filch03.jpeg

Filch's dresser contains a few confiscated items: a whoopie cushion, the Marauder's map, fireworks, balloons, frisbees, joke products, boomerangs, yo-yos.
I placed the Slytherin Common Room beneath the Great Hall and Kitchens because the windows need to look out at the underground lake (which is on the left of my castle). You can enter the Common Room by opening up a wall with a switch. The boys' dormitory is the lower one, with Malfoy's bed on the right (the one with the money).

Beneath the Slytherin Common Room is a dungeon, which is connected to Filch's quarters, which seemed fitting.
02. Slytherin, Filch 2022-11-07.png
The Gryffindor Tower can be entered through a whole in the wall where "Nurse Lisa" serves as the portrait of the Fat Lady. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough space to build the complete dormitories, so there's only space for two boys and two girls. The first bed is Ron's (it has a "poster" with the logo of his favourite Quidditch team (a cannonball on orange for Chudley Cannons), the second one with the money and scarf is Harry's, the third bed with the crystal and the perfume bottle is Lavender Brown's, and the fourth with the books is Hermione's. I also filled the chests with stuff that suit each character.
03. Gryffindor.png
04. Staircase.png
Beneath the grand staircase and next to the kitchens and Slytherin Common Room you can find Snape's office and quarters. There's also the Hufflepuff Common Room, since it's supposed to be near the kitchens. The Common Room is based on Pottermore. Underneath it is the Potions classroom.
05. Hufflepuff, Snape 2022-11-07.png
06. a - Classrooms01.png

Left part:
On the ground, the room with the marble pillars, we have the Transfiguration classroom. Above, on the first ground, is Professor McGonagall's office and her bedroom with tartan wallpaper. Second floor is the Charms classroom, which has a couple of signs/blackboards with spells. Second floor has the trophy room (with Tom Riddle's award) and the armory. On the fourth floor, there is the office and bedroom of Professor Binns, the only ghost teaching at Hogwarts. Since he doesn't need the bedroom, it's a bit dusty.

Middle part:
On the grounds we have the staffroom, first floor is the DADA (Defence Against the Dark Arts) classroom, second floor is the corridor leading to the Divination classroom. The painting of the unicorn is supposed to be the portrait of Sir Cadogan on his fat pony. Above the corridor is the Divination classroom, with Trelawney's office and bedroom in the small tower.

Right part:
The ground floor has the Muggle Studies classroom, where the lights can be turned on and off by non-magical light switches. Above that, we have the bedroom and Office of the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. It's currently based on Lupin's time, as there are a few werewolf-related items in the trunk. Out of fun, I also built an alternative version for Umbridge. Above that, we have the empty corridor with Fluffy (next to the golden harp). You can open up the tunnel beneath, leading to the Sorcerer's Stone.

Umbridge's Office:
06. b - Umbridge.png

The frames with the animals are all supposed to be pictures of cats. Unfortunately Terraria hasn't any cats or cat pictures, so I needed to use cute bunnies etc.

Detail of the trophy room:
Trophy Room.jpeg
07. Astronomy Tower.png

On the left, the rooms with the blue bricks and marble walls, is Flitwick's Office and Bedroom. Beneath, we have the boys' bathroom, where Harry attacks Malfoy in Half-Blood Prince.

The Tower on the right is the Astronomy Tower, which also contains the Astronomy teacher's quarters. Beneath, the room with the numbers and rulers, is the Arithmancy classroom, and underneath that is the Ancient Runes classroom.
08. Prefect's Bathroom.png
09. a - Myrtle.png

The statue in the second row from the top is meant to be the statue of the One-Eyed Witch, which marks a secret passageway to Hogsmeade. Unfortunately, I didn't have space for another secret tunnel (the space underneath the castle is already filled with the Chamber of Secrets, the Philosopher's Stone and a tunnel to the Shrieking Shack), therefore I placed a teleporter under the statue, which can transport you directly into the shop Honeydukes in Hogsmeade.

The third row has Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. A switch on the floor opens up a tunnel from the sink to the Chamber of Secrets. The bunny statue on the right side of the door is meant to be Filch's petrified cat, Mrs. Norris.
Chamber opened.jpeg

Beneath Myrtle's bathroom is another girls' bathroom, which is supposed to be the location where Harry, Ron and Hermione fight the troll in the first book.

And here's the Chamber of Secrets:
09. b - Chamber of Secrets 2022-11-07.png

The Chamber of Secrets is one of my builds that I like and dislike at the same time. I like how the snake pillars turned out, but I am not happy with the statue of Salazar Slytherin. Maybe I will rebuild it some time, but I don't really like building creatures or characters.
10. RoR, Hooch.png

The upper floor contains Madam Hooch's Quarters. The lower area is the Room of Requirement when it serves as a hiding place for forbidden things.

The black cupboard is meant to be Malfoy's Vanishing Cabinet, it is standing on a teleporter that can transport you to another cupboard in Borgin and Burke's shop in Knockturn Alley. On the right, there is the bust with Ravenclaw's diadem that Harry used to mark the hiding spot of his potions book.
11. Dumbledore, Slughorn.png

On the left, we have Dumbledore's office, where you might spot Gryffindor's sword, a baby phoenix and the Sorting Hat.

The orange room on the top right contains Slughorn's quarters. Beneath, with the red and gold, we have Dumbledore's bedroom and bathroom. On the ground you can find the statue that hides the staircase to Dumbledore's office.
12. Library.png

The library, with the restricted section on the right.
13. Teachers01.png

A couple of teacher's quarters that had to be added underground, because the castle was running out of space. There's the teachers' bathroom on the left, underneath is Professor Vector's (Arithmancy) rooms.

On the right, you can find the Ancient Runes Office and Bedroom on the top, then the rooms of the Muggle Studies teacher (the one with the light switches), Madam Pince's rooms full of books, and on the bottom the rooms of the Care of Magical Creatures teacher (when Hagrid does not teach this subject).
14. Ravenclaw.png

On the right of the castle we have Ravenclaw tower, with dormitories and toilets on the top, the Common Room and a Study Room in the middle, and bathrooms on the lower parts. The entrance is marked by the "eagle"/bird statue. The common room is based on the pictures from Pottermore.
15. Hospital.png

Beneath the Ravenclaw Tower and near the Library you can find the hospital wing, including Madam Pomfrey's office and bedroom.
16. Herbology Greenhouses.png

To the right of the castle, I built the greenhouses for the Herbology classes. Since the castle didn't have enough rooms, I also put Professor Sprout's office and bedroom in a greenhouse.
17. Owlery.png

The owlery is one of the buildings that seem a bit unfinished. I might rebuild it some day.
18. Hagrid.png
Here's Hagrid's hut. To the right, you can find his pumpkin field with scarecrows, and after that, cages with Blast-Ended Skrewts.
19. a - Whomping Willow.png

I am not good at shaping trees, therefore I am not entirely happy with this build.

And here's the Shrieking Shack:
19. b - Shrieking Shack 2022-11-07.png
20. Quidditch 2022-11-07.png

On the left side of the castle, before you reach the Shrieking Shack, I built the Quidditch Pitch, complete with a broom shed and the tents where the teams discuss their strategies.

There's also a teleporter on the right side of the field, which can teleport you to an "alternate version" of the Quidditch field, the maze from the Triwizard Tournament.
Somewhere in the underground beneath the Quidditch pitch, I built the maze from the third task of the Triwizard Tournament. The Triwizard cup in the middle of the maze is placed on a teleporter that can bring you to the graveyard where Voldemort returns.
Maze2.png

The Riddle graveyard:
Graveyard.png

The Riddle family grave is the one with the reaper statue, to the left of the cauldron.
21. Boathouse, Underwater 2022-11-07.png

Beneath the Quidditch field is the Lake that is crossed by first year students with boats when they arrive at the school. There's also the boat house from Deathly Hallows (film), where Nagini attacks Snape and Harry gets Snape's memories.

At my sister's request I added the underwater Mermaid town from the Triwizard Tournament. I only had limited space for this, because I had already built the Shrieking Shack and Hogsmeade next to my tiny "Great Lake". I never intended to build an underwater town, but my sister insisted and I'm glad she did, because despite the small size I like how it turned out.
22. a - Philosopher's Stone 03_ 2022-11-07.png
The ugly branches on the upper right are meant to be the Devil's Snare, one of the traps protecting the Philosopher's Stone. On the left, we have frames containing the "flying" keys and three "broomsticks".

22. b - Philosopher's Stone 02_ 2022-11-07.png

From right to left, we have McGonagall's giant chess game, a statue serving as a "troll", and Snape's potion riddle (with the entire riddle written on the signs).

22. c - Philosopher's Stone 2022-11-07.png

Finally, we have the room with the Mirror of Erised where Harry faces Quirrell/Voldemort. You might spot a tiny "Philosopher's Stone" on the ground next to it.
Gry Trunks.png

• Harry: 1) Wand, Marauder's map, invisibility cloak, spell book, Hagrid's flute, broom (Firebolt), Bertie Bott's Beans, golden snitch. 2) Parchment, quills, bottles, Felix Felicis (luck potion), sneakoscope, broom polish 3) Dress robes, black school robes, emerald green Weasley jumper 4) Golden galleons, cauldron, two-way mirror, gryffindor flag, Riddle's diary
  • Ron: 1) Broom, spell book, parchment, wand 2) Quill, bottle 3) Dress robes, black school robes, maroon Weasley jumper
  • Lavender: 1) Spell book, wand 2) quill, parchment, bottle, love potion 3) Dress robes, black school robes 4) cauldron, potion
  • Hermione: 1) Wand, books, spell book 2) Quill, parchment, ball of wool (for her cat) 3) Dress robes, black school robes 4) cauldron, potion, bottle, Penelope Clearwater's mirror that saves her from the Basilisk, time turner

Malfoy.jpeg

Malfoy: 1) Money, dress robes, potions, sweets 2) Wand, present, gold, sweets, broom (Nimbus 2001), spell book, bottles, quills, cursed opal necklace, potion ingredient 3) black school robes

Rav - Luna.jpeg

Luna: 1) Wand, spell book, parchment, quill, bottles, potion, dirigible plums 2) Quibbler magazines 3) Black dress robes, clothes, spectrespecs, lion-topped hat 4) cauldron, clothes, necklace, bag, beetle

I will probably add pictures of my other builds in the next days, maybe Hogsmeade or some of the smaller builds.

Updates:
Here's the next part of my wizarding world build: Hogsmeade village. The majority of it was built in late 2020, with some updates (like the train station) in late 2021 and smaller changes in November 2022.

Hogsmeade 2022-11-13.png

Hogsmeade01b.png

Detail pictures of each build:

01. Hogsmeade Train Station.png
02. Sirius Black's cave.png
The inn of Albus Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth, complete with goat stable. The picture of Nurse Lisa is meant to be the portrait of Ariana Dumbledore and the teleporter below the fireplace can bring you to the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts.
03. Hog's Head Inn.png
The location of Harry and Cho's terrible date in Order of the Phoenix.
04. Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop.png
Left: J. Pippin's Potions, right: Dervish & Banges Wizarding Equipment
05. J. Pippin's Potions, Dervish and Banges.png
06. Gladrags Wizardwear.png
Left: Tomes and Scrolls Bookshop, right: Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop
07. Tomes and Scrolls, Scrivenshaft's.png
08. Three Broomsticks Inn.png
09. Post Office.png
The tunnel leads to a teleporter that brings you to Hogwarts.
10. Honeydukes.png
11. Zonko's.png
Capture 2022-12-02 17_43_30.png

2nd floor: Dudley's bathroom, Dudley's bedroom
1st floor: Mr. and Mrs. Dursley's bathroom, Mr. and Mrs. Dursley's bedroom, Harry's bedroom
Ground floor: living-room/kitchen, the cupboard under the stairs
Capture 2022-12-02 17_44_37.png

Left: Ford Anglia and Mr. Weasley's muggle shed, middle: The Burrow, right: garden with gnomes

Ground floor: kitchen and living-room (the fireplace has a teleporter leading to Knockturn Alley or Diagon Alley, depending on which switch you're using)
1st floor: Ginny's room (left), Fred and George's room (right)
2nd floor: Percy's room
3rd floor: Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's room (left), Charlie and Bill's room (right)
4th floor: Ron's room
5th floor: attic, the zombie statue is meant to be the ghoul
Capture 2022-12-02 17_46_08b.png

4th floor: attic
3rd floor: bathroom
2nd floor: Luna's bedroom
1st floor: living-room/workroom
Ground floor: dining room/kitchen
Cellar: Mr. Lovegood's bedroom

The Lovegoods' garden
Lovegood Signs.png

Last edited:
Hello! This is my first post here. I wanted to show you my Hogwarts/Wizarding World builds, for which I used a Large World Journey Mode map with no mods.

This is a project I've been working on for some time now. After building a couple of ugly "non wooden box houses" (which were basically 2-material boxes with roofs), I decided to try something more challenging and build Hogwarts Castle from Harry Potter. I started the map in July/August 2020 and spent the fall/winter months of the last years on it.

View attachment 390602
Originally I wanted to build only the castle, but then I thought it would be cool to also build Hogsmeade, the Weasley House and Diagon Alley, and then I added more and more buildings and my wizarding world was growing. It's still a work in progress, I'm constantly adding or rebuilding things, but now I'm at a point where I can say I'm almost done and running out of ideas what to add because I have built almost all of the important locations from the story (also, I am almost running out of space on the surface level).

The design of my buildings is mostly based on the movies, some of it is a mix of books and films, and other parts are based on the books only. Some of the designs are based on the drawings from Pottermore (e.g. the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff common rooms). I tried to stick close to the books when there are floor locations for specific rooms or when rooms are supposed to be close to each other, but sometimes I had to deviate because some floors of my castle did not have enough rooms, while others were too empty. My map is not based on a specific school year, but contains details from all books/films.

My favourite thing in Terraria that works well in this project is that you can add a lot of "special effects" that make the world feel more magical. I connected a lot of fireplaces with teleporters to serve as "Floo network", there are passageways that can be opened "magically", and so on. I also loved placing signs with quotes from the book (like lists, letters, spells) or filling chests with suitable items.

View attachment 390647

Active building months:
  • August 2020 - January 2021
  • October 2021 - November 2021
  • October 2022 - November 2022
Building progress:

August 2020 - January 2021
  • Map creation [July 31, 2020]
  • Hogwarts Castle [August - October 2020]
  • Hogsmeade [? - November 2020]
  • Privet Drive (Dursleys) [? - October 2020]
  • The Burrow (Weasleys) [? - October 2020]
  • Lovegood House [? - November 2020]
  • Diagon Alley, Part 1 (Leaky Cauldron, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes) [? - October 2020]
October 2021
  • Diagon Alley, Part 2 (Gringotts)
  • Knockturn Alley
  • Grimmauld Place
  • reworked Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
  • Hogwarts Castle: reworked Hospital Wing and added a few teachers' rooms
  • St. Mungos Hospital
November 2021
  • added "special effects": connected fireplaces and "vanishing cabinets" with teleporters, added pressuee plates to turn on/off some lights in the castle
  • finished tunnels to Chamber of Secrets and Shrieking Shack
  • reworked Quidditch Pitch
  • small overhaul of Hogsmeade
  • Hogsmeade: overhaul of Zonko's Joke Shop
  • small overhaul of Hogwarts, changed some rooms, overhaul of Myrtle's bathroom sink
  • Hogwarts: overhaul of "Mirror of Erised"
  • Diagon Alley: more progress on Gringotts Vaults, added traps
  • Hogwarts: added Underwater Mermaid village
  • Hogsmeade: Sirius' cave
  • Hogsmeade Train Station
  • Ministry of Magic
November 2021/December 2021
  • Wool's Orphanage (Tom Riddle's home)
  • King's Cross Train Station
October 2022
  • Wool's Orphanage overhaul
  • King's Cross overhaul
  • Shell Cottage (Bill and Fleur's house)
  • Azkaban (unfinished)
  • Forbidden Forest (unfinished)
  • Malfoy Manor (unfinished)
  • Hogwarts: Triwizard Maze
  • Riddle Graveyard
  • Hogwarts exterior overhaul (added some details on stone walls)
  • Quidditch Pitch overhaul
  • Hogwarts: Umbridge's Office (alternate version to standard DADA office)
November 2022
  • Godric's Hollow: Church and Graveyard
  • Godric's Hollow: Potter House
  • Godric's Hollow: Bathilda Bagshot's house
  • Slughorn's house
  • Hogwarts: rebuilt roof of Great Hall, added arch

More pictures of the Castle:
The whole Hogwarts grounds take a lot of space since it's not just the castle but also the Quidditch Pitch, Hagrid's Hut, and Whomping Willow, etc.

Here's a picture of the whole school grounds (be warned, it's huge):

Another picture of the whole castle, where I labelled all the rooms so you know what they are supposed to be (also huge picture):

Detail shots of Hogwarts:

The Great Hall (also the spawn point) was the first thing I built in this world and I think you can still see that because it's not as good as my later builds. I am still not entirely happy with it, even though I have torn down and rebuilt the roof and small towers a couple of times. I am also not happy with the size and shape of it, but since I built everything around it, I can't do anything about that because there's no space.
View attachment 390610
Right underneath the Great Hall we have the kitchens. The room on the top right is the History of Magic classroom, underneath is the entrance hall that connects the Great Hall to the rest of the castle, the dark room with the chains is Filch's office.
View attachment 390659

View attachment 390652

Filch's dresser:
View attachment 390657
Filch's dresser contains a few confiscated items: a whoopie cushion, the Marauder's map, fireworks, balloons, frisbees, joke products, boomerangs, yo-yos.
I placed the Slytherin Common Room beneath the Great Hall and Kitchens because the windows need to look out at the underground lake (which is on the left of my castle). You can enter the Common Room by opening up a wall with a switch. The boys' dormitory is the lower one, with Malfoy's bed on the right (the one with the money).

Beneath the Slytherin Common Room is a dungeon, which is connected to Filch's quarters, which seemed fitting.
View attachment 390611
The Gryffindor Tower can be entered through a whole in the wall where "Nurse Lisa" serves as the portrait of the Fat Lady. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough space to build the complete dormitories, so there's only space for two boys and two girls. The first bed is Ron's (it has a "poster" with the logo of his favourite Quidditch team (a cannonball on orange for Chudley Cannons), the second one with the money and scarf is Harry's, the third bed with the crystal and the perfume bottle is Lavender Brown's, and the fourth with the books is Hermione's. I also filled the chests with stuff that suit each character.
View attachment 390612
Beneath the grand staircase and next to the kitchens and Slytherin Common Room you can find Snape's office and quarters. There's also the Hufflepuff Common Room, since it's supposed to be near the kitchens. The Common Room is based on Pottermore. Underneath it is the Potions classroom.
View attachment 390614
View attachment 390615
Left part:
On the ground, the room with the marble pillars, we have the Transfiguration classroom. Above, on the first ground, is Professor McGonagall's office and her bedroom with tartan wallpaper. Second floor is the Charms classroom, which has a couple of signs/blackboards with spells. Second floor has the trophy room (with Tom Riddle's award) and the armory. On the fourth floor, there is the office and bedroom of Professor Binns, the only ghost teaching at Hogwarts. Since he doesn't need the bedroom, it's a bit dusty.

Middle part:
On the grounds we have the staffroom, first floor is the DADA (Defence Against the Dark Arts) classroom, second floor is the corridor leading to the Divination classroom. The painting of the unicorn is supposed to be the portrait of Sir Cadogan on his fat pony. Above the corridor is the Divination classroom, with Trelawney's office and bedroom in the small tower.

Right part:
The ground floor has the Muggle Studies classroom, where the lights can be turned on and off by non-magical light switches. Above that, we have the bedroom and Office of the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. It's currently based on Lupin's time, as there are a few werewolf-related items in the trunk. Out of fun, I also built an alternative version for Umbridge. Above that, we have the empty corridor with Fluffy (next to the golden harp). You can open up the tunnel beneath, leading to the Sorcerer's Stone.

Umbridge's Office:
View attachment 390616
The frames with the animals are all supposed to be pictures of cats. Unfortunately Terraria hasn't any cats or cat pictures, so I needed to use cute bunnies etc.

Detail of the trophy room:
View attachment 390653
View attachment 390617
On the left, the rooms with the blue bricks and marble walls, is Flitwick's Office and Bedroom. Beneath, we have the boys' bathroom, where Harry attacks Malfoy in Half-Blood Prince.

The Tower on the right is the Astronomy Tower, which also contains the Astronomy teacher's quarters. Beneath, the room with the numbers and rulers, is the Arithmancy classroom, and underneath that is the Ancient Runes classroom.
View attachment 390619
The statue in the second row from the top is meant to be the statue of the One-Eyed Witch, which marks a secret passageway to Hogsmeade. Unfortunately, I didn't have space for another secret tunnel (the space underneath the castle is already filled with the Chamber of Secrets, the Philosopher's Stone and a tunnel to the Shrieking Shack), therefore I placed a teleporter under the statue, which can transport you directly into the shop Honeydukes in Hogsmeade.

The third row has Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. A switch on the floor opens up a tunnel from the sink to the Chamber of Secrets. The bunny statue on the right side of the door is meant to be Filch's petrified cat, Mrs. Norris.
View attachment 390649

Beneath Myrtle's bathroom is another girls' bathroom, which is supposed to be the location where Harry, Ron and Hermione fight the troll in the first book.

And here's the Chamber of Secrets:
View attachment 390620

The Chamber of Secrets is one of my builds that I like and dislike at the same time. I like how the snake pillars turned out, but I am not happy with the statue of Salazar Slytherin. Maybe I will rebuild it some time, but I don't really like building creatures or characters.
View attachment 390621
The upper floor contains Madam Hooch's Quarters. The lower area is the Room of Requirement when it serves as a hiding place for forbidden things.

The black cupboard is meant to be Malfoy's Vanishing Cabinet, it is standing on a teleporter that can transport you to another cupboard in Borgin and Burke's shop in Knockturn Alley. On the right, there is the bust with Ravenclaw's diadem that Harry used to mark the hiding spot of his potions book.
View attachment 390622
On the left, we have Dumbledore's office, where you might spot Gryffindor's sword, a baby phoenix and the Sorting Hat.

The orange room on the top right contains Slughorn's quarters. Beneath, with the red and gold, we have Dumbledore's bedroom and bathroom. On the ground you can find the statue that hides the staircase to Dumbledore's office.
View attachment 390623
The library, with the restricted section on the right.
View attachment 390624
A couple of teacher's quarters that had to be added underground, because the castle was running out of space. There's the teachers' bathroom on the left, underneath is Professor Vector's (Arithmancy) rooms.

On the right, you can find the Ancient Runes Office and Bedroom on the top, then the rooms of the Muggle Studies teacher (the one with the light switches), Madam Pince's rooms full of books, and on the bottom the rooms of the Care of Magical Creatures teacher (when Hagrid does not teach this subject).
View attachment 390625
On the right of the castle we have Ravenclaw tower, with dormitories and toilets on the top, the Common Room and a Study Room in the middle, and bathrooms on the lower parts. The entrance is marked by the "eagle"/bird statue. The common room is based on the pictures from Pottermore.
View attachment 390626
Beneath the Ravenclaw Tower and near the Library you can find the hospital wing, including Madam Pomfrey's office and bedroom.
View attachment 390627
To the right of the castle, I built the greenhouses for the Herbology classes. Since the castle didn't have enough rooms, I also put Professor Sprout's office and bedroom in a greenhouse.
View attachment 390628
The owlery is one of the buildings that seem a bit unfinished. I might rebuild it some day.
View attachment 390630Here's Hagrid's hut. To the right, you can find his pumpkin field with scarecrows, and after that, cages with Blast-Ended Skrewts.
View attachment 390632
I am not good at shaping trees, therefore I am not entirely happy with this build.

And here's the Shrieking Shack:
View attachment 390633
View attachment 390629
On the left side of the castle, before you reach the Shrieking Shack, I built the Quidditch Pitch, complete with a broom shed and the tents where the teams discuss their strategies.

There's also a teleporter on the right side of the field, which can teleport you to an "alternate version" of the Quidditch field, the maze from the Triwizard Tournament.
Somewhere in the underground beneath the Quidditch pitch, I built the maze from the third task of the Triwizard Tournament. The Triwizard cup in the middle of the maze is placed on a teleporter that can bring you to the graveyard where Voldemort returns.
View attachment 390636

The Riddle graveyard:
View attachment 390637

The Riddle family grave is the one with the reaper statue, to the left of the cauldron.
View attachment 390639
Beneath the Quidditch field is the Lake that is crossed by first year students with boats when they arrive at the school. There's also the boat house from Deathly Hallows (film), where Nagini attacks Snape and Harry gets Snape's memories.

At my sister's request I added the underwater Mermaid town from the Triwizard Tournament. I only had limited space for this, because I had already built the Shrieking Shack and Hogsmeade next to my tiny "Great Lake". I never intended to build an underwater town, but my sister insisted and I'm glad she did, because despite the small size I like how it turned out.
View attachment 390640The ugly branches on the upper right are meant to be the Devil's Snare, one of the traps protecting the Philosopher's Stone. On the left, we have frames containing the "flying" keys and three "broomsticks".

View attachment 390641
From right to left, we have McGonagall's giant chess game, a statue serving as a "troll", and Snape's potion riddle (with the entire riddle written on the signs).

View attachment 390643
Finally, we have the room with the Mirror of Erised where Harry faces Quirrell/Voldemort. You might spot a tiny "Philosopher's Stone" on the ground next to it.
View attachment 390654
  • Harry: 1) Wand, Marauder's map, invisibility cloak, spell book, Hagrid's flute, broom (Firebolt), Bertie Bott's Beans, golden snitch. 2) Parchment, quills, bottles, Felix Felicis (luck potion), sneakoscope, broom polish 3) Dress robes, black school robes, emerald green Weasley jumper 4) Golden galleons, cauldron, two-way mirror, gryffindor flag, Riddle's diary
  • Ron: 1) Broom, spell book, parchment, wand 2) Quill, bottle 3) Dress robes, black school robes, maroon Weasley jumper
  • Lavender: 1) Spell book, wand 2) quill, parchment, bottle, love potion 3) Dress robes, black school robes 4) cauldron, potion
  • Hermione: 1) Wand, books, spell book 2) Quill, parchment, ball of wool (for her cat) 3) Dress robes, black school robes 4) cauldron, potion, bottle, Penelope Clearwater's mirror that saves her from the Basilisk, time turner

View attachment 390655
Malfoy: 1) Money, dress robes, potions, sweets 2) Wand, present, gold, sweets, broom (Nimbus 2001), spell book, bottles, quills, cursed opal necklace, potion ingredient 3) black school robes

View attachment 390656
Luna: 1) Wand, spell book, parchment, quill, bottles, potion, dirigible plums 2) Quibbler magazines 3) Black dress robes, clothes, spectrespecs, lion-topped hat 4) cauldron, clothes, necklace, bag, beetle

I will probably add pictures of my other builds in the next days, maybe Hogsmeade or some of the smaller builds.
Beautiful @LunaViolet you did an outstanding job!

Here's the next part of my wizarding world build: Hogsmeade village. The majority of it was built in late 2020, with some updates (like the train station) in late 2021 and smaller changes in November 2022.

Hogsmeade 2022-11-13.png

Hogsmeade01b.png

Detail pictures of each build:

01. Hogsmeade Train Station.png
02. Sirius Black's cave.png
The inn of Albus Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth, complete with goat stable. The picture of Nurse Lisa is meant to be the portrait of Ariana Dumbledore and the teleporter below the fireplace can bring you to the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts.
03. Hog's Head Inn.png
The location of Harry and Cho's terrible date in Order of the Phoenix.
04. Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop.png
Left: J. Pippin's Potions, right: Dervish & Banges Wizarding Equipment
05. J. Pippin's Potions, Dervish and Banges.png
06. Gladrags Wizardwear.png
Left: Tomes and Scrolls Bookshop, right: Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop
07. Tomes and Scrolls, Scrivenshaft's.png
08. Three Broomsticks Inn.png
09. Post Office.png
The tunnel leads to a teleporter that brings you to Hogwarts.
10. Honeydukes.png
11. Zonko's.png

Shrieking Shack:
Shrieking Shack Progress.jpg

Honeydukes and Zonko's
Honeydukes, Zonkos.png
I don't know if anyone cares to see more of these?

I've decided to post mostly in building order, so next time I'll probably show you the houses of the Dursleys, Weasleys and Lovegoods, and then Diagon Alley/Knockturn Alley.

Hi, I haven't played for a while and forgot that I meant to post more of my Wizarding World. Today I want to show you some of my older builds from October/November 2020.

4 Privet Drive (the Dursleys' house)
Capture 2022-12-02 17_43_30.png

2nd floor: Dudley's bathroom, Dudley's bedroom
1st floor: Mr. and Mrs. Dursley's bathroom, Mr. and Mrs. Dursley's bedroom, Harry's bedroom
Ground floor: living-room/kitchen, the cupboard under the stairs

The Burrow (the Weasleys' house)
Capture 2022-12-02 17_44_37.png

Left: Ford Anglia and Mr. Weasley's muggle shed, middle: The Burrow, right: garden with gnomes

Ground floor: kitchen and living-room (the fireplace has a teleporter leading to Knockturn Alley or Diagon Alley, depending on which switch you're using)
1st floor: Ginny's room (left), Fred and George's room (right)
2nd floor: Percy's room
3rd floor: Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's room (left), Charlie and Bill's room (right)
4th floor: Ron's room
5th floor: attic, the zombie statue is meant to be the ghoul

The Lovegoods' house
Capture 2022-12-02 17_46_08b.png

4th floor: attic
3rd floor: bathroom
2nd floor: Luna's bedroom
1st floor: living-room/workroom
Ground floor: dining room/kitchen
Cellar: Mr. Lovegood's bedroom

The Lovegoods' garden
Lovegood Signs.png