My WIP mod

Hey Everyone, So i'm in the works of making a big mod called the Apocalyptic Era mod. This mods only has a armor set, but more are coming!

Attachments

• Icon.png
    Icon.png
    923 bytes · Views: 39
So, according to the description.txt...
Apocalyptic Era is a Mod that Ads in THOUSENS of weapons, 100S of bosses and more! Note: this mod is a WIP.
Look, this is just simply completely unrealistic. Even the biggest mods add nowhere near that many bosses. This looks to be quantity over quality. Do you even have any idea on how to make a single boss, yet alone at least a hundred? Mods with far smaller scopes have died and I've seen at least 2 or 3 of them myself died, even asked if those creators were capable of pulling their plans off. I thought a mod trying to add 30 bosses was overkill (said mod might be canceled). And thousands of weapons? I mean, sure, if you make very basic weapons like broadswords you can. But even that would take quite a long time.

Is there a reason you want to add so much content? Do you have a roadmap or written out plans? Any previous modding experience, in Terraria or other games?

i even have some songs ready! look!

Attachments

• Apocalyptic era OST. Seeker of the depths. theme of the abyss seeker.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 31
  • Apocalyptic era OST. Earths End. theme of Gaia.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 24
  • Apocalyptic era OST. cooking gone wrong. theme of the chef.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Apocalyptic era OST Bloody murderer. theme of the Carnage obliterator.zip
    5 MB · Views: 37
  • Apocalyptic era OST Frozen digger. theme of the frostburnt exavator.zip
    7 MB · Views: 23
So, according to the description.txt...

Look, this is just simply completely unrealistic. Even the biggest mods add nowhere near that many bosses. This looks to be quantity over quality. Do you even have any idea on how to make a single boss, yet alone at least a hundred? Mods with far smaller scopes have died and I've seen at least 2 or 3 of them myself died, even asked if those creators were capable of pulling their plans off. I thought a mod trying to add 30 bosses was overkill (said mod might be canceled). And thousands of weapons? I mean, sure, if you make very basic weapons like broadswords you can. But even that would take quite a long time.

Is there a reason you want to add so much content? Do you have a roadmap or written out plans? Any previous modding experience, in Terraria or other games?
like i said: I've thought about making a big mod like this for SO long!

like i said: I've thought about making a big mod like this for SO long!
At the risk of joining everyone else in sounding like a broken record, you absolutely need to cut back on scope or at the very least break it down into manageable chunks that you can release at a consistent schedule. Adding in just a single weapon can take hours to sprite and code, and days or weeks to balance with vanilla and the rest of your mod. Adding in a boss can take months. Granted the process speeds up expeditiously with multiple people but you need to actually give people a reason to be interested in your mod. We already have way too many generic big-content-mods that just add a bunch of post-ML content with little rhyme or reason, people aren't going to be as enticed to your mod when they could simply boot up Calamity and dump a few hundred hours into that. And you can't just try to simply "out-do Calamity" because it's one of the biggest content mods out there. Start small, but be unique. Do something people haven't really done before. Get experimental. And above all, know you're not going to get this right the first try, or finish this in the span of a week or month.
With this in mind, I wholeheartedly wish you the best of luck with your endeavors and look forward to seeing what you create.

Back
Top Bottom