Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
hello i was playing master mode on a drunk world and everything was going fine until i decided to save and quit right before a goblin invasion arrived, i didnt wanted to fight them again, so i did that as i had done it once before without consequences, anyway i loaded my character and then my world and everything was going as normal until the setting liquids text appeared, where the percentage number started twitching and glitching going down and then up until it reached 99% and the world loaded, but the world terrain was nowhere to be seen, there was nothing in the map and my backup world file also has no terrain, this is making me lose interest in the game as it reminds me of when 1.2 came out, all my worlds and characters would corrupt for no reason at all during endgame

pd: i can post pictures and provide with details if necessary

Last edited:
I seem to have the same thing. Listen, have you tried flying to the right or to the left? My world seemed to be erased, but in fact only the right side of the world was erased, and the left remained.

I seem to have the same thing. Listen, have you tried flying to the right or to the left? My world seemed to be erased, but in fact only the right side of the world was erased, and the left remained.
Capture 2023-01-17 19_31_47.png
my whole world got erased, there is no terrain at all and even after 1 month of trying to get a fix, no one cares about it

If this is not the first time for you, then maybe you noticed some kind of sequence from which this could happen? I now only suspect, because there was no one to discuss such a bug with.
its the first time this bug happened to me but not the first time i encountered a bug, and how i think it triggered was that: i saved and quit right before the "a goblin invasion has arrived!" message appeared which made the world for some reason, corrupt and the world loading screen glitch out as i noticed that the setting liquids percentage numbers were glitching but i thought it was just a drunk world feature at first, and i think this needs to be fixed quickly like how they patch benefitial glitches as i'm scared of playing again and my world suddenly deleting itself for no reason

Whoa, that is creepy, I have never seen that happen in Terraria, but I hope the bug/issue of your world terrain gets sorted and fixed, that must be frustrating, especially if you have put a lot of time and effort into your world, I'd be absolutely furious if that happened to me.

Whoa, that is creepy, I have never seen that happen in Terraria, but I hope the bug/issue of your world terrain gets sorted and fixed, that must be frustrating, especially if you have put a lot of time and effort into your world, I'd be absolutely furious if that happened to me.
it sucks and i doubt itll get fixed because there was a bug back in 1.2 where your world and character would become become corrupt if something happened during saving, and i do know that cant be fixed as that happens in many games and its called save corruption which is something that as far as i know, the developer cant fix but during a medium core playthrough i had to fight the martians but i got tired so i went to sleep after saving and quitting without any trouble, once i came back my character became corrupted which meant that the bug wasnt fixed at all and was just put under the rug

it sucks and i doubt itll get fixed because there was a bug back in 1.2 where your world and character would become become corrupt if something happened during saving, and i do know that cant be fixed as that happens in many games and its called save corruption which is something that as far as i know, the developer cant fix but during a medium core playthrough i had to fight the martians but i got tired so i went to sleep after saving and quitting without any trouble, once i came back my character became corrupted which meant that the bug wasnt fixed at all and was just put under the rug
I know how you feel ive had a character and world corrupt after i save and quit and / or had to restart my pc and it really makes me mad, I admit I came VERY close to putting my fist through my laptop screen out of rage but I keep myself in check but losing all that progress makes you wonder whats the point at times, if its potentially gonna corrupt or become damaged.

seems like world corruption this is why you make weekly backups
i saved and quit right before the "a goblin invasion has arrived!" message appeared which made the world for some reason, corrupt and the world loading screen glitch out
as i have already said, i know that my world became corrupted i know that i cant get anything back and have to start over and i dont mind, what im asking here is a fix to this gamebreaking bug to prevent this happening to someone else and ruining their experience like it did to me

as i have already said, i know that my world became corrupted i know that i cant get anything back and have to start over and i dont mind, what im asking here is a fix to this gamebreaking bug to prevent this happening to someone else and ruining their experience like it did to me
you still have your charter idk if you world hop just blits thought the game again where are you in progression

you still have your charter idk if you world hop just blits thought the game again where are you in progression
i was about to fight wall of flesh when this happened so yes i can just make a new world and fight it with the gear i have

get movo and nights edge if you already got those btw movo is underrated its saved me 4 times in hardcore so far

You can't even imagine. It feels like a piece of life has been cut out.

Back
Top Bottom