Game Mechanics Namable Items/Equipment

Mjax Majoran

Terrarian
Because, who hasn't wanted to have a custom name for their modified items?

The basic Idea I have is that when you go to the Goblin tinkerer another option would be to rename Items, as a sort of organization tool, I can't even begin to explain how many times I have had multiple equipments with different modifiers and thrown out or sold the one that was clearly more powerful, not to mention just as a general asthetic feature how cool this would be.
It's only a suggestion on my part though, feel free to give feedback or improve upon my idea!

This would be a damn good addition, some people probably won't think much of it but I would absolutely love it. +1 :dryadsmile:
Terraria Forums Aprove.png

I'll be honest - while its a fun idea, and can make your items seem more unique rather than a standard item with modified plastered on the end, I'm a bit iffy with this idea.

Mainly because the naming system can be abused in so many ways... Then again, this might be nothing, and I'm just worrying over nothing.

Anyways, that's my opinion on the subject.

Hm. It should have some limitations to make it appropriate so we aren't going giving around some perverted items on a kids server like a Phasesaeber renamed "Padawan's :red:" or something.

That could be an option in the server settings to set up a list of banned words, so players who want those kinds of things can have it.

That could be an option in the server settings to set up a list of banned words, so players who want those kinds of things can have it.
Seems to complicated, I wouldn't agree to it, it would just take away the value of the item, it seems very easy to manipulate regardless and wouldn't be that useful in the longrun. It will just negate the purpose of having Prefixes. You could have a "Slow Super Fast Shortsword" or something and just make the prefix look stupid, or entirely remove the meaning of the prefix.

Let alone this suggestion seems bland and too much work to add something that can easily be done with mods or add-ons and shouldn't need to be added.

I can't wait to name that first block of dirt I ever mined "Spot"
Ha Ha Verry funny, bud.[DOUBLEPOST=1413748447][/DOUBLEPOST]
This would be a damn good addition, some people probably won't think much of it but I would absolutely love it. +1 :dryadsmile:View attachment 4828
Thanks man :D[DOUBLEPOST=1413748542][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll be honest - while its a fun idea, and can make your items seem more unique rather than a standard item with modified plastered on the end, I'm a bit iffy with this idea.

Mainly because the naming system can be abused in so many ways... Then again, this might be nothing, and I'm just worrying over nothing.

Anyways, that's my opinion on the subject.

True, then again in what real way would it be abused outside of public servers[DOUBLEPOST=1413748598][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hm. It should have some limitations to make it appropriate so we aren't going giving around some perverted items on a kids server like a Phasesaeber renamed "Padawan's :red:" or something.

True true, I mean I planned only to use it on private servers or single[layer but I can see why it'd be an issue[DOUBLEPOST=1413748633][/DOUBLEPOST]
That could work actually.... Guess it all depends!

Seems to complicated, I wouldn't agree to it, it would just take away the value of the item, it seems very easy to manipulate regardless and wouldn't be that useful in the longrun. It will just negate the purpose of having Prefixes. You could have a "Slow Super Fast Shortsword" or something and just make the prefix look stupid, or entirely remove the meaning of the prefix.

Let alone this suggestion seems bland and too much work to add something that can easily be done with mods or add-ons and shouldn't need to be added.

While I feel a bit hurt at your accusation of it being bland, it's a suggestion and like you said does not NEED to be added, I Do not see how the removal of the prefix would devalue the item so long as it retained its buffs and or debuffs. Really I think it would be more useful for servers in terms of sorting equipment and a way to mark things to sell later and such.

Back
Top Bottom