Weapons & Equip Nanite - A HM Mining/Building Set

I have always felt that nanites have been underused. This armour is another use for nanites and fills a gap that most people feel needs to be filled.
A hardmode mining armour.

Recipe:

fi2swPn.png Helmet: 10 Nanites, 5 Hallowed Bars, Mining Helmet

VdVNqTZ.pngBreastplate: 20 Nanites, 15 Hallowed Bars

qyntTDA.png Leggings: 15 Nanites, 10 Hallowed Bars

(Credits to @berberborscing for sprites)

Effects:
Helmet: 10 Defense, Shine and Spelunker potion effect
Breastplate: 15 Defense, 30% increased mining and block placement speed
Leggings: 13 Defense, 30% increased movement speed

Set Bonus:
Block Placement speed and range increased

Feedback is Appreciated!

Last edited:
Seems like too much to pay for a mining armor... I mean, it's got terrible defense already, but double damage? At this point you're in HM, pretty much everything you meet will be shredding through you.

Not to mention that the main components are fully purchasable, which really means it's not a challenge at all to obtain.

1. @Milt69466
1.5 Milt made a suggestion like this.
Just because I made a utility armor suggestion does not make them identical. FYI, mine was slightly inspired by @Baconfry ’s Tunnel armor

Anyways,the double damage taken is a bad idea. Why even bother giving it defense at all? You’ll probably do better with mining armor with it’s 3 defense than 29 defense and double damage taken.

[edit for example]

Let’s take an average damage value of 50 which is pretty common among hardmode mobs.

mining armor ≈ 49 damage taken
Nanite ≈ 70 damage taken

Last edited:
Just because I made a utility armor suggestion does not make them identical. FYI, mine was slightly inspired by @Baconfry ’s Tunnel armor

Anyways,the double damage taken is a bad idea. Why even bother giving it defense at all? You’ll probably do better with mining armor with it’s 3 defense than 29 defense and double damage taken.

[edit for example]

Let’s take an average damage value of 50 which is pretty common among hardmode mobs.

mining armor ≈ 49 damage taken
Nanite ≈ 70 damage taken
Values have been changed, double damage debuff has been removed. I've though about the recipe a bit, and I am wondering if I could, with credit to @Zoomo , incorporate some parts of his cyber suggestion into this, the nanites could be for when you only have the Hallow.
Thanks for all the feedback.

I really want a HM mining armor, almost made a suggestion a few days ago but I had no idea where it'd fit in.

Back
Top Bottom