Items Nanite Wrenches and Wire Cutters - The ultimate wiring tools

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
I've been pondering over how I could possibly make wiring a bit less of a hassle, because wiring over long distances can be a pain, and so can wiring through walls, and trying to get everything done with as little wire as possible is especially difficult in these situations. How can this be solved?

The simplest solution: Increase wire placement range. The solution for effectively wiring Teleporters and things through thick walls is here! A new Wrench set! What makes it so special? It has +7 placement range versus the standard +3, so you can place wires in almost five times the area. How does it accomplish this feat? Nanites, of course!

<F for the fallen images from TO>
(R, G, or B) Nanite Wrench
* Casts Nanites to place wires.
* Extremely large placement area.
* Double placement rate.
+7 range.
Recipe:
Wrench.png
Green_Wrench.png
Blue_Wrench.png
(R, G, or B) Wrench (1 of any color)
Shroomite_Bar.png
Shroomite Bars (12)
Nanites.png
Nanites (15)

Whenever you use the Nanite Wrench, it casts a Nanite particle beam to the spot to assemble wires and components over a distance without any effort on your part! The color depends on what you're placing. Red, Green, and Blue variants of the Nanite Wrench cast their respective color when placing wire.

Also, don't forget!

Nanite Wire Cutter
* Casts Nanites to remove wires at double the rate.
* Nanites will return wires right back to you.
+7 range.
Recipe:
Wire_Cutter.png
Wire Cutter
Shroomite_Bar.png
Shroomite Bars (12)
Nanites.png
Nanites (15)

This will make picking up after large wiring projects much faster and make your Nanite Wrench easier to handle. You can't go off with such a powerful tool of wiring master without bringing an equally powerful tool of wire removal! And remember: Always buy more wire than you need! Nanites would always return from trimming wire as red, and removing an Actuator would return yellow Nanites.

That's it for the suggestion. Support if you would find this useful! Feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:
This idea is neat and I find it very necessary for longer placement range. Honestly, this would be fantastic to have in-game and prove handy for the setting ups of my secret bases/traps.

i__m_not_saying_it__s_vanu__but_it__s_vanu___by_peopleofunitedstates-d5i9wqr.png

"NANITES!"

But in all seriousness, I can totally use this. Too many times have I been inconvenienced by needing to dig tunnels deep in the ground or use the Ice Rod to place wires 50+ blocks in the air. Having the Nanite Wrenches with range-increasing items like the Toolkit, Toolbox, and Grabbing Claw (?) would be extremely useful.
And it would give nanites a use outside of those silly Nanite Bullets.

I supported these before and I'll support them now. Also, an accessory to increase the range of nanite tools further would be nice for people who have larger monitors like me.

Now if only the Mechanic wasn't such a cheapskate and sold Wire for a more reasonable price.

Sure, why not.

I think the existing range boosting tools would still apply...
No, I meant dedicated accessories with much larger range increases. A +7 range on the wrenches plus the ~+7 you can get from accessories and potions isn't as much as you think- long enough for a standard screen, but not for a big screen. Having accessories designed to boost the ranges of nanite tools specifically by larger numbers would be more useful.

Red, Green, and Blue variants of the Nanite Wrench cast their respective color when placing wire, and Yellow when placing components such as Actuators.
Something about this that apparently nobody realized up until now... You don't place Actuators with a wrench. Needs clarification.

Oops, yeah. The yellow Actuator Nanites would only apply to using the Wire Cutter. Fixing...
Speaking of which, we could have an additional Nanite Actuator Placer that has the increased range and places Actuators.

Also, we could use colored Wire Cutters, because as it stands now, if there's different kinds of wire in one tile, you'll probably have to remove all of them and place all but the one you actually wanted to remove again.

Speaking of which, we could have an additional Nanite Actuator Placer that has the increased range and places Actuators.
Nah. I'm pretty sure Actuator placement is already affected by things like the Extendo Grip and Toolbelt.
Also, we could use colored Wire Cutters, because as it stands now, if there's different kinds of wire in one tile, you'll probably have to remove all of them and place all but the one you actually wanted to remove again.
That's a problem that can simply be avoided with smart wiring.

Back
Top Bottom