Weapons & Equip Nerfs and Buffs by me, the SensibleNerfActivist

I'm just going to publish nerf and buff ideas here, I'd like some input from other people too. I'm just going to start off with the chain gun. With the right stuff it's better than the SDMG, which is pretty stupid. (No offence Re-Logic) It should be a bit slower and it should be unable to use chlorophyte bullets, making it the ultimate crowd control weapon, which should be in any self respecting endgame gunslinger's loadout, but shouldn't make the SDMG redundant. Also I'd like to see the snowman cannon able to deal damage to the player, just only half as much as most launchers normally would. Else pickaxes and drills become something of an irritation after Plantera, since they're needed for the hardmode ores.

If you'd like more suggestions for Nerfs and Buffs, check out my page. I'm there most days with something so feel free to visit. Wow, I sound like a pluggy YouTuber. You know, the ones that always plug their other channel or social media.

I'm just going to start off with the chain gun. With the right stuff it's better than the SDMG, which is pretty stupid. (No offence Re-Logic) It should be a bit slower and it should be unable to use chlorophyte bullets, making it the ultimate crowd control weapon, which should be in any self respecting endgame gunslinger's loadout, but shouldn't make the SDMG redundant. Also I'd like to see the snowman cannon able to deal damage to the player, just only half as much as most launchers normally would. Else pickaxes and drills become something of an irritation after Plantera, since they're needed for the hardmode ores.
1. The SDMG about doubles the damage of the Chain Gun, while only having a slightly lower firerate. How exactly does it fall down to crowd control of the Chain Gun when it can easily rip most enemies to shreds, especially under stealth? The SDMG is objectively better in damage, critical chance, and ammo conservation and much more so DPS. Plus, you can use chorlophyte bullets with the SDMG as well. You shouldn't ban an ammo type just because it makes a weapon more effective. That is what the intent of the bullet type is.
2. The Snowman Cannon seems fine as it is, but it far more powerful than the Celebration. As such, I'd prefer to see a buff to the Celebration to even out the playing field.
3. What are you proposing with the pickaxes?

1. The SDMG about doubles the damage of the Chain Gun, while only having a slightly lower firerate. How exactly does it fall down to crowd control of the Chain Gun when it can easily rip most enemies to shreds, especially under stealth? The SDMG is objectively better in damage, critical chance, and ammo conservation and much more so DPS. Plus, you can use chorlophyte bullets with the SDMG as well. You shouldn't ban an ammo type just because it makes a weapon more effective. That is what the intent of the bullet type is.
2. The Snowman Cannon seems fine as it is, but it far more powerful than the Celebration. As such, I'd prefer to see a buff to the Celebration to even out the playing field.
3. What are you proposing with the pickaxes?
I'm not proposing anything for the pickaxes, just that the snowman cannon makes mining too easy. PS sorry about the chain gun comment, I should have done more research, and with the same stuff the SDMG still beats it. I assume the place I heard this (can't remember where) declined to mention the SDMG buffs.

Back
Top Bottom