New 1.4 female semi-furry NPC

What do you think of this?

• Total voters
I think this NPC is gonna have something to do with that happiness meter...

Screw it, this is just going to be a waifu NPC that makes everyone happy.

While I'm fine with the design in a vacuum, it's weird that there's no real connection to other terraria creatures. The goblin NPC makes sense because there's goblins. The skeleton NPC makes sense because there's skeletons. The witch doctor being a lizard person makes sense because there's the lihzahrd enemies and they can't all live in the one temple in the middle of the jungle. The truffle makes sense because there's weird mushroom enemies, so I suppose there could be a friendly one. The cyborg kinda makes sense because there's robot enemies I guess, but the cyborg has always felt a little out of place to me. All the other NPCs are human, or at least what the terraria human equivalent is.

This new NPC has no real connection to the rest of the game; there's no cat or cat-like enemies, and none of the existing human NPCs have any vaguely animal-like features. I think when we see her in game she will look like a character that was modded into the game as opposed to an official character. She just seems so out of place, though I suppose I'll have to see how I feel once 1.4 has been out for a few months and I'm used to her. For now she seems fine, just she doesn't really fit with the rest of the game.

While I'm fine with the design in a vacuum, it's weird that there's no real connection to other terraria creatures. The goblin NPC makes sense because there's goblins. The skeleton NPC makes sense because there's skeletons. The witch doctor being a lizard person makes sense because there's the lihzahrd enemies and they can't all live in the one temple in the middle of the jungle. The truffle makes sense because there's weird mushroom enemies, so I suppose there could be a friendly one. The cyborg kinda makes sense because there's robot enemies I guess, but the cyborg has always felt a little out of place to me. All the other NPCs are human, or at least what the terraria human equivalent is.

This new NPC has no real connection to the rest of the game; there's no cat or cat-like enemies, and none of the existing human NPCs have any vaguely animal-like features. I think when we see her in game she will look like a character that was modded into the game as opposed to an official character. She just seems so out of place, though I suppose I'll have to see how I feel once 1.4 has been out for a few months and I'm used to her. For now she seems fine, just she doesn't really fit with the rest of the game.
She is a fox-like NPC, not cat-like. And given Terraria is a science-fantasy game, this new fox-like design will be fine, even if there are no fox enemies.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just see a girl with fox ears and a fox tail like you'd see in anime/manga like Holo from Spice and Wolf.
That's "not furry" on the furry scale.

Back
Top Bottom