• Martian armor

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Eclipse armor

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
My month-long ban from the Suggestions is over! Here is my first suggestion since my ban: new post armor sets.

Right now, there are 4 Events that are significant in game advancement (not required, but helpful) after Plantera is defeated. Those are the Frost Moon, Pumpkin Moon, Solar Eclipse, and Martian Madness (Post-Golem). Of the events, 2 of them have a furniture crafting material, and 1 of them can be used to make an armor set, the Spooky armor. But I think that each of these could have a fun little armor set of their own:

First off, the Spooky armor. Yes, it already exists, but I think it needs an enhancement to make it more fun, because it is harder to get yet worse than the Tiki Armor. So I think the set bonus should be modified. The set bonus should include a new buff, as well as keeping the original
The new buff could be this:

Getting hit releases 4 bats (from the bat scepter) and inflicts the "Spooky Rush" buff for 3 seconds, increasing movement and attack speed by 30% for both the player and the minions.

Martian armor

Martian Conduit Plating already exists, and has all of the things that Spooky Wood has, except for armor. So, I have of course proposed the following Armor Set.

Martian armor, crafted: 750 martian conduit plating
Overall defense: 28
Increases Magic Damage by 18%
Increases Magic Crit Chance by 20%
Increased Movement Speed by 10%
Set Bonus: All Laser Gun weapons cost 0 mana

This makes Martian armor an improvement to the Meteor armor, as both would make the Space Gun 0 mana. However, the Martian armor is based around the Laser Machinegun, which is also obtainable from this event. Since the LMG already has a low mana cost for this point in the game, that's where the 30% damage increase comes to make up for it.

Jolly armor

The Frost Moon can be seen as the "Twin" of the Pumpkin moon, both occur at night, must be summoned manually, and progress in waves. So why does the Frost moon not have a crafting material? Even if there wasn't an armor for it there should at least be furniture. So, there would be Chrismetal, dropped by SANTA-NK1s-which would also be used to make Christmas Bullets-and Pine Plasm, dropped by Everscreams, which could also make a furniture set

Jolly armor, crafted: 54 Chrismetal and 90 Pine Tree blocks
Overall defense: 58
Increases Melee damage by 25%
Increases Melee speed by 15%
Increases Crit Chance by 10%
Set bonus: Hitting an enemy has a small (10%) chance to give the player the "Jolly" buff, increasing melee damage and critical chance by 15%, for 3 seconds

Eclipse armor

The Solar Eclipse armor set will be the final of my suggestions for these armors, and it is a very similar event to the Moons, except for the fact that it is in daytime and there is no progress bar. Regardless, there should be an armor set, made out of Solar Tablet Fragments, as well as a new crafting material, Solar Stones, dropped from all post-plantera Eclipse enemies and Mothron post-plantera. Solar Stones would additionally have a furniture set.

Eclipse armor, crafted: 54 solar tablet fragments and 250 Solar Stones.
Overall defense: 43
Increases Ranged damage by 20%
Increases Ranged critchance by 30%
Set bonus: Double tap down to activate "Eclipse mode", increasing movement speed by 100% and much less of a chance for enemies to target you but damage reduction is reduced by 33% and you do 50% less damage.

Side note: Eclipse armor will normally be bright yellow (sun color) with a vibrating effect, but when in eclipse mode all of the armor is black, except for the outline which is glowing orange, similar to the sun during an eclipse.

I am making a mod so I will probably add these in but this is something that should be in the game, not exactly what I said but the general idea of adding in these armors and crafting materials.

-------------------------Edit----------------------------------------------------------
If you have a suggestion for these armors I am all open.

Also there should be a present mimic staff to go along with the other events, dropped from Present mimics randomly. It would function different to other minions so that, when summoned, an enemy needs to be nearby in order for it to attack, similar to normal Mimics

-----------------------------Edit 2-------------------------------------------------------
Fixed the Martian Armor defense and set bonus and changed the way Jolly Armor would be obtained.

Last edited:
Overall this seems pretty awesome and definitely worthy of getting in the game, but there’s just one problem that I see: the Martian Armor. The set bonus seems pretty cool, but there’s a huge problem: the defense! Seriously? Four? The
Mining set has more than that! I can only assume this is a typo, and finish off with a suggestion to add the additional set bonus of inflicting confusion with any magic attack, combining the awesome Frost set and the extremely underused nanites. In any case, good luck with the mod! `;)

The Martian armor is too glass cannon-ish. 60% damage increase is more than Nebula, but 4 def is too small.
[doublepost=1523334354,1523334297][/doublepost]And it makes Last Prism even more OP.

The roles of Jolly and Eclipse Armor should be reversed, as the Solar Eclipse itself only provides 1 ranged weapon, along with being the source of the Broken Hero Sword, which is required to craft the Terra Blade; along with being the source of the Reaper Scythe, Butcher's Chainsaw, Psycho Knife, and the Eye of Cthulhu, so it would be mor eappropiate for a Solar Eclipse-related armor to mostly buff melee weapons; while Jolly Armor should be ranged because the FM provides more ranged weapons than melee weapons, with one of the mini-bosses only dropping Ranged weapons.
On top of that, Jolly Armor should also use Pine Tree blocks (Would be dropped by Everscream) and a drop from Santa-NK1s (It could be "Chrismetal". It's purpose would be to ensure that the armor requires the Frost Moon to obtain, as the other materials can be found in Presents). Candy Cane blocks themselves should be dropped by the Elf enemies (Mkaing them, and specially the helicopters, notable for something other than being annoying).

The Martian armor is too glass cannon-ish. 60% damage increase is more than Nebula, but 4 def is too small.
[doublepost=1523334354,1523334297][/doublepost]And it makes Last Prism even more OP.
4 defense was a typo, supposed to be 28, whoops on my part. It's supposed to be glass cannon armor

And it would not increase the damage of Last Prism, because it isn't a Laser gun. The 30% increased damage is only for LMG, Laser Rifle, and Space Gun. Last Prism would get all of the non-set bonuses, so only 30% damage. I'll still tone that down a little bit
The roles of Jolly and Eclipse Armor should be reversed, as the Solar Eclipse itself only provides 1 ranged weapon, along with being the source of the Broken Hero Sword, which is required to craft the Terra Blade; along with being the source of the Reaper Scythe, Butcher's Chainsaw, Psycho Knife, and the Eye of Cthulhu, so it would be mor eappropiate for a Solar Eclipse-related armor to mostly buff melee weapons; while Jolly Armor should be ranged because the FM provides more ranged weapons than melee weapons, with one of the mini-bosses only dropping Ranged weapons.
On top of that, Jolly Armor should also use Pine Tree blocks (Would be dropped by Everscream) and a drop from Santa-NK1s (It could be "Chrismetal". It's purpose would be to ensure that the armor requires the Frost Moon to obtain, as the other materials can be found in Presents). Candy Cane blocks themselves should be dropped by the Elf enemies (Mkaing them, and specially the helicopters, notable for something other than being annoying).
I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I actually like your suggestion for the new way Jolly Armor would be crafted, but I said Candy Cane, which would be a new material, not candy cane blocks, the ones that come from presents.

As for the Eclipse Armor/Jolly Armor mix up, armors don't necissarily have to correspond with the weapons obtained in the same way, except for the Lunar Events. For example, Jungle armor is magic damage but there are no magic weapons crafted out of Stingers and Spores. Its the same deal here.
[doublepost=1523387928][/doublepost]
Overall this seems pretty awesome and definitely worthy of getting in the game, but there’s just one problem that I see: the Martian Armor. The set bonus seems pretty cool, but there’s a huge problem: the defense! Seriously? Four? The
Mining set has more than that! I can only assume this is a typo, and finish off with a suggestion to add the additional set bonus of inflicting confusion with any magic attack, combining the awesome Frost set and the extremely underused nanites. In any case, good luck with the mod! `;)
Yes the four defense is a typo.

My month-long ban from the Suggestions is over! Here is my first suggestion since my ban: new post armor sets.

Right now, there are 4 Events that are significant in game advancement (not required, but helpful) after Plantera is defeated. Those are the Frost Moon, Pumpkin Moon, Solar Eclipse, and Martian Madness (Post-Golem). Of the events, 2 of them have a furniture crafting material, and 1 of them can be used to make an armor set, the Spooky armor. But I think that each of these could have a fun little armor set of their own:

First off, the Spooky armor. Yes, it already exists, but I think it needs an enhancement to make it more fun, because it is harder to get yet worse than the Tiki Armor. So I think the set bonus should be modified. The set bonus should include a new buff, as well as keeping the original
The new buff could be this:

Getting hit releases 4 bats (from the bat scepter) and inflicts the "Spooky Rush" buff for 3 seconds, increasing movement and attack speed by 30% for both the player and the minions.

Martian armor

Martian Conduit Plating already exists, and has all of the things that Spooky Wood has, except for armor. So, I have of course proposed the following Armor Set.

Martian armor, crafted: 750 martian conduit plating
Overall defense: 28
Increases Magic Damage by 18%%
Increases Magic Crit Chance by 20%
Increased Movement Speed by 10%
Set Bonus: All Laser Gun weapons cost 0 mana and have 30% improved damage

This makes Martian armor an improvement to the Meteor armor, as both would make the Space Gun 0 mana. However, the Martian armor is based around the Laser Machinegun, which is also obtainable from this event. Since the LMG already has a low mana cost for this point in the game, that's where the 30% damage increase comes to make up for it.

Jolly armor

The Frost Moon can be seen as the "Twin" of the Pumpkin moon, both occur at night, must be summoned manually, and progress in waves. So why does the Frost moon not have a crafting material? Even if there wasn't an armor for it there should at least be furniture. So, there would be Chrismetal, dropped by SANTA-NK1s-which would also be used to make Christmas Bullets-and Pine Plasm, dropped by Everscreams, which could also make a furniture set

Jolly armor, crafted: 54 Chrismetal and 90 Pine Tree blocks
Overall defense: 58
Increases Melee damage by 25%
Increases Melee speed by 15%
Increases Crit Chance by 10%
Set bonus: Hitting an enemy has a small (10%) chance to give the player the "Jolly" buff, increasing melee damage and critical chance by 15%, for 3 seconds

Eclipse armor

The Solar Eclipse armor set will be the final of my suggestions for these armors, and it is a very similar event to the Moons, except for the fact that it is in daytime and there is no progress bar. Regardless, there should be an armor set, made out of Solar Tablet Fragments, as well as a new crafting material, Solar Stones, dropped from all post-plantera Eclipse enemies and Mothron post-plantera. Solar Stones would additionally have a furniture set.

Eclipse armor, crafted: 54 solar tablet fragments and 250 Solar Stones.
Overall defense: 43
Increases Ranged damage by 20%
Increases Ranged critchance by 30%
Set bonus: Double tap down to activate "Eclipse mode", increasing movement speed by 80% and crit chance by 15% but damage reduction is reduced by 33% and you do 50% less damage.

Side note: Eclipse armor will normally be bright yellow (sun color) with a vibrating effect, but when in eclipse mode all of the armor is black, except for the outline which is glowing orange, similar to the sun during an eclipse.

I am making a mod so I will probably add these in but this is something that should be in the game, not exactly what I said but the general idea of adding in these armors and crafting materials.

-------------------------Edit----------------------------------------------------------
If you have a suggestion for these armors I am all open.

Also there should be a present mimic staff to go along with the other events, dropped from Present mimics randomly. It would function different to other minions so that, when summoned, an enemy needs to be nearby in order for it to attack, similar to normal Mimics

-----------------------------Edit 2-------------------------------------------------------
Fixed the Martian Armor defense and set bonus and changed the way Jolly Armor would be obtained.
Amazing! However, look what time it is!
B710E21F-CAF7-4AB3-BC6F-7EA028BA76C2.png
-Martian Armor, set bonus needs to tone down. 30% damage increase is pretty big, plus the 18% from the set. For you to get a feel of how much damage it can do, ESPECIALLY with no mana use is quite overpowered.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/File:Laser_Machinegun_Animated.gif
The reason why this gun has so much mana use is because it does way too much damage.
-Eclispe Armor, the down special is pretty cool. Why add a increased critical chance though? Your attacks do super low damage with the down special on. I would say replace the increased Crit Chance with a lower chance for enemies to target you and 100% increase movement speed

That’s all I got. I like the armor sets a bunch and suggust you to do more!

Amazing! However, look what time it is!
View attachment 198048
-Martian Armor, set bonus needs to tone down. 30% damage increase is pretty big, plus the 18% from the set. For you to get a feel of how much damage it can do, ESPECIALLY with no mana use is quite overpowered.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/File:Laser_Machinegun_Animated.gif
The reason why this gun has so much mana use is because it does way too much damage.
-Eclispe Armor, the down special is pretty cool. Why add a increased critical chance though? Your attacks do super low damage with the down special on. I would say replace the increased Crit Chance with a lower chance for enemies to target you and 100% increase movement speed

That’s all I got. I like the armor sets a bunch and suggust you to do more!
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom