Biomes & Nature New Biome idea

Ominick

Terrarian
This is a republishment of an older post with a large number of changes.

First of all I don't know what to call the biome, suggestions much appreciated.

Imagine a new boss, after Duke Fishron, once again I have not much of ideas here, there are plenty of boss ideas in the monsters and NPC's section. Let's call him the Pinky Toe of Cthulu, PTC. When PTC is defeated, the world enters yet another stage of hardmode, just like the Wall of Flesh and the Plantera. This time, just like the WoF, a new biome appears, the ultimate evil biome. Or something as such.

It is similar to the Corruption and Crimson, but spreads much slower, and most importantly, is absolutely unstoppable. The biome brings in incredibly overpowered monsters, even the regular ones with fighter or flying AI would have boss like stats, the weakest at least 10 000 HP. Not absolutely ridiculous considering the endgame items such as the Terra Blade et cetera. I've seen youtoube clips of beople beating the Dungeon Guardian in a few seconds! Time to bring in the real challenge, don't you say?

The blocks in this biome can not be destroyed in any real quantities, and only with a picksaw or better, and it still takes three 'clicks' to break, and they drop their 'clean' counterparts. Breaking one block harms 20 hp or so and inflicts a depuff preventing healing, so you can only destroy 25 blocks with max health, and breaking and replacing a block will make it still be 'corrupted', similar to when placing blocks in water, the water remains there, however, the 'corrupted' area remains saved when exiting, so you cannot break a block, exit, return and place another another block, this will still 'corrupt' the block. In other words, it is rather the block postion than the block that is infected.

Also no blocks are 'immune', like sandstone, snow and wood were before. And it even spreads through air, so sky islands are also at risk, from wherever the biome starts, all blocks within its current expansion radius are automatically turned into their evil counterparts. Rendering corruption/crimson defense useless.

This means that we now have a ridiculously OP, unbeatable biome, what now?

There would be a new monster in this biome, 20 000 HP and themed like the biome. It will drop a material for crafting even more powerful weaponry, and everytime it is killed, a message will appear, "Your world has been cursed with <new metal> this metal will be rarer than adamantite, require seven ore for a bar and at least 20 bars for every possible recipe, but will result in some good tools, armor with immunity to the anti-heal from breaking a block in the biome and a sword, repeater and magic/summoner weapon to match. Powerful enough to make fighting this biome somewhat equal, however, not until further game challenges appear that i did not come up with should anything make the player equal or stronger than the monsters in this biome, this is so that at some point, it will simply not be possible to tank everything, but you need to think aswell.

Finally, using rare resources fond within and because of the new biome, a new boss will be summonable. He will have three different phases, first he has stats that makes meelee fighters easily killed by him, archers will have difficulty harming him but mages can score moderate damage and avoid the same, in phase two, archers should look out, mages score no damage and meelees have a slightly easier time, in phase three archers have the least difficult time, meelees deal no damage and mages are easily killed.

Depending on what gear the player has the most of the boss can start in any phase, but will always after phase one enter number two, after two three and after three one, in other words, this boss will either need a team of at least three, one mage, one archer and one meelee, or a player needs a really balanced set of items, also this boss should have an extreme amount of health, i am thinking 200 000 at minimum, and only one hitbox, so, quite a challenge, once the boss has been defeated, he drops one platinum (i suspect it is a good reward after all that work), and some good items, and emmediately after his defeat, the new biome stops spreading.

Additions:
The biome theme would be something towards crimson and corruption, maybe a combination, the corruption is a flesh and gore theme, a "zombie" theme, corruption is shade and demons, a "ghost" theme, hallow is a "life" theme and therefore a combination of the two, so I would propose a "death" theme, the combination of of crimson and corruption, or maybe a "pure" evil with neither of them.

The mining damage might be a bad idea, but hellstone and meteorite have something similar, so I propose an item that removes, or possibly just reduces, the effect, much like the obsidian skull and upgrades, or maybe a potion, like obsidian skin...

People have complained about mages scoring no damage, it was a typing mistake, what I meant was reduced damage, like phase 1 and 3, also as a few people mentioned, I forgot summon damage, well I won't rewrite the entire thing, I am sure readers are able to rethink the idea with summon damage added aswell, (4 phases in total).

The most common complaint was OP enemies, and I am well aware that enemies are OP, but c'mon, endgame is not even fun anymore once you beat duke fishron, my Godly Flairon can beat all mech bosses at once in a minute or less! Where is that good ol' feel? I remember my first terraria day, i spent 10 minutes killing Pinky with a copper shortsword! And my first time beat skeletron! It was hard. Now I can just pull out my flairon and I'll be getting ice queen trophies without even working! Think of it, is 10 000 health for common enemies really OP when you have Duke Fishron/Moon event drops?

I have a theme suggestion, before I actually post detail, comment what you think! I was thinking; what is not dead, like crimson, corruption and dungeon, nor alive, like hallow and jungle? My suggestion: Robots.
I know there are already three very robotic bosses in the game, but something just makes them feel more like the old bosses with high-tech armor, or maybe cyborgs, but not "genuine" robots; am I the only one who thinks as such?
Before seeing comments, I'll just give a short list of ideas for items.

Reinforced steel bar (uncertain aquirement); the new Bar.
Intelligent Microchip (boss drop, 2-3); Need one for every tool and weapon.
Kevlar plate (Miniboss drop); need a few to make armor, like Beetle shell.
Death Ray (crafted/boss drop); heat ray upgrade, homing ability like chlorophyte bullet
Bionic Blade(crafted/boss drop); Breaker Blade upgrade, launches explosive, homing probes when swung.
Launch-o-matic(YES it's a terrible name!); consumes any bullet, grenade or arrow and fires a homing projectile with a robotic theme to it, either a metallic bullet, a robot missile or a metal arrow.
Robot controller(as above); summons a robot, wich flies with a jetpack, right clicking the staff will change the buff from "will fight for you" to "will defend you" in this mode the robots AI makes them try to go as close to their summoner as possible, instead of attacking targets, their attack lowers and bodies also become able to take hits for their summoner, stronger hits will however only get reduced damage instead. If this would be too OP the robots could have health, and when they die they become useless piles of scrap metal that can't be dismissed in any way, but take up minion slots, they disappear after a while, making a new minion possible to summon, either manually or maybe automatically. Also maybe only a chance to take the hit, like a black belt. Right clicking the robot controller will activate "attack mode" again.

More additions coming soon, as my own imagination progresses or people keep commenting!

All content will be put in order and fixed up once this WIP has some actual content to work with.

As if the Wof effect wasn't enough. Let's just say, most of these ideas have already been put into threads, all far more selective.

Okay, too much WoT for me to read too closely, but after a cursory reading: I can't see for the life of me (rhymes) how this would be fun. ("Yay, this new biome is destroying my world and I can't DO ANYTHING")

If we break it down:
A) New post-Fishron boss (not even going to start about the lack of stats for everything)
B) Third gamephase
C) New biome that pretty much eats everything
D) New mob that I kind of lost track of but drops important stuff
E) New boss that requires either three people or a really good balanced person

I give up on the list. Basically I don't see anything I would particularly like in the game, at least in reference to the things that were in some detail (I don't think I could say I'm against new bosses or biomes, but in this form, no.)

I might point out that not a single non-boss enemy, INCLUDING the dungeon guardian, has a health of more than ten thousand. If we're not counting the DG, I believe the Paladin is the highest, at 5000.

And no boss has a health of over 80,000 (and the only one with that much is the Destroyer, which is mostly to make up for his multi-segmentedness.) Even Duke fishron, usually considered the hardest boss of the game, is at 50000.

But sure, let's assume we have every moon event drop, as well as the biome weapons. At this point, half the things "hard" about this become annoying (because lets be honest, after the entire prehardmode thing most people are already tired of mining ores. It doesn't help that the beginning and middle of hardmode is spent mining as well. Same for the mobs, even if they aren't "hard" to kill, no one wants to constantly waste their time on them), and the rest is still overpowered. Plus, there are constant contradictions here, with you saying that the player won't be equal to the stuff in the biome until later, but at the same time claiming that it can't be that hard with the current endgame gear.

No support.

Since LoM already criticized on the thread itself, I should point out that the title is not exactly eye-catching or interesting. You should really pick a better title. If possible, try to sum up your entire idea in five words or less for the title. "New Biome Idea" is never gonna win any contest for being a good thread title. It might seem like a small thing, but I assure you a more interesting title will ensure more views and better first impressions instead of the machine-type "New 'something goes here' in Terraria".

Plus, there are constant contradictions here, with you saying that the player won't be equal to the stuff in the biome until later, but at the same time claiming that it can't be that hard with the current endgame gear.

No support.

No contradiction, I am not stating endgame stuff will make it easy, but that endgame stuff will make it not absolutely absurd

I've seen youtoube clips of beople beating the Dungeon Guardian in a few seconds!
Yeah, with special items and sometimes hundreds of tries! Its not about luck and hoiking!
This means that we now have a ridiculously OP, unbeatable biome, what now?
We rethink this idea. The terra blade does about 88 damage, minus the defense that these monsters have. That is ridiculous!
Your world has been cursed with <new metal> this metal will be rarer than adamantite, require seven ore for a bar and at least 20 bars for every possible recipe
Why would anyone want to farm this? I doubt there would be enough for anything in each world.
He will have three different phases, first he has stats that makes meelee fighters easily killed by him, archers will have difficulty harming him but mages can score moderate damage and avoid the same, in phase two, archers should look out, mages score no damage and meelees have a slightly easier time, in phase three archers have the least difficult time, meelees deal no damage and mages are easily killed.
Mages score no damage? Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous! Why should archers look out? You don't describe HOW it makes it more difficult, and in the 3rd phase, melees score no damage!
200 000 at minimum, and only one hitbox, so, quite a challenge, once the boss has been defeated, he drops one platinum (i suspect it is a good reward after all that work), and some good items, and emmediately after his defeat, the new biome stops spreading.
Okay so one platinum, random vague items, and the new biome stops spreading but still can't be removed.
this boss will either need a team of at least three, one mage, one archer and one meelee, or a player needs a really balanced set of items
No! This needs to be single player compatible, and you need to be able to choose how you fight!
the corruption is a flesh and gore theme, a "zombie" theme, corruption is shade and demons, a "ghost" theme, hallow is a "life" theme and therefore a combination of the two, so I would propose a "death" theme, the combination of of crimson and corruption, or maybe a "pure" evil with neither of them.
Wait...sorry you lost me there...what?
The mining damage might be a bad idea, but hellstone and meteorite have something similar
No they don't. Your only hurt when you touch them, which is WAY different than just mining them.
I am well aware that enemies are OP, but c'mon, endgame is not even fun anymore once you beat duke fishron
Who wants to fight enemies with a minimum of 10,000 health? Also, what enemies? You only described one!

In general, this whole suggestion is a mess. The bottom doesn't make any sense, you described only a concept and about 1 actual idea, being the PTC, which was ridiculous!

No support!

This is a duplicate thread- not a revamp, since no changes were made- one I got banned from because I opposed it a bit too vehemently. Same boss name, same details- and same lack of support. A brain and an eyeball I understand, but a pinky toe? No. In addition, the boss is too tough and the biome is ridiculously OP. Sorry, but no.

I believe my words were at that time something that boiled down to "nopenopenope", but this time I've stated my reasons.

Additionally, the fact that you would have to switch out your armor and weapons at each phase to do any damage is ridiculously... I don't think I'm allowed to say what it is, but you shouldn't make a boss that is immune to an entire class of damage- come to think of it, no enemy should, or even can with the current way that damage works.

Last edited:
Yeah, with special items and sometimes hundreds of tries! Its not about luck and hoiking!
Yes, the few seconds example, but I have personally defeated him with beetle wings and a chrystal bullet unreal megashark.

We rethink this idea. The terra blade does about 88 damage, minus the defense that these monsters have. That is ridiculous!
88 base damage, an average end-gamer should have ~110
Why would anyone want to farm this? I doubt there would be enough for anything in each world.
I didn't get that
Mages score no damage? Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous! Why should archers look out? You don't describe HOW it makes it more difficult, and in the 3rd phase, melees score no damage!
We would be making so muh progress if we could just be nice towards people, how about: "I don't like the idea, can we change it to 'little'?"
Okay so one platinum, random vague items, and the new biome stops spreading but still can't be removed.
Sure, after beating the boss there can be a new clentaminator solution.
No! This needs to be single player compatible, and you need to be able to choose how you fight!
It is single player compatible, and why do you have to be able to choose?

No they don't. Your only hurt when you touch them, which is WAY different than just mining them.
*cough* item to prevent it *cough*
Who wants to fight enemies with a minimum of 10,000 health? Also, what enemies? You only described one!
An answer to your question; anybody who is up to a real challenge.
In general, this whole suggestion is a mess. The bottom doesn't make any sense, you described only a concept and about 1 actual idea, being the PTC, which was ridiculous!
It is, affter all, a WIP, and I really do hope you realize that was a joke.
No support!
How about giving me some constructive critisism instead? Why this list of complaints just generally telling me I did a bad job?
[DOUBLEPOST=1424447552][/DOUBLEPOST]
o_OTell me, what part of an unstoppable OP biome with insanely OP bosses looks like a good idea? I'm serious, I would like to know.:confused:
The challenge

Yes, the few seconds example, but I have personally defeated him with beetle wings and a chrystal bullet unreal megashark.

88 base damage, an average end-gamer should have ~110

I didn't get that

We would be making so muh progress if we could just be nice towards people, how about: "I don't like the idea, can we change it to 'little'?"

Sure, after beating the boss there can be a new clentaminator solution.
It is single player compatible, and why do you have to be able to choose?

*cough* item to prevent it *cough*

An answer to your question; anybody who is up to a real challenge.

It is, affter all, a WIP, and I really do hope you realize that was a joke.

How about giving me some constructive critisism instead? Why this list of complaints just generally telling me I did a bad job?
[DOUBLEPOST=1424447552][/DOUBLEPOST]
The challenge
You never listed items, damage doesn't work the ways you are listing, never listed mobs, and in general, the biome and the boss look like they would in no way be fun to deal with.

"your world has been cursed... with a useful resource?"
is... is it really a curse?, any negatives associated with the ore?
anyway, as others have already said, insanely op biome, one i simply can not support

Back
Top Bottom