New Biome Idea

My specialty in building is making custom biomes, so I don't really mind :)
Currently, small worlds really struggle to keep space for every biome following the world generation. Can you suggest a way that your new biome ideas will fit into small worlds without overlapping with other already existing ones?

My specialty in building is making custom biomes, so I don't really mind :)
Currently, small worlds really struggle to keep space for every biome following the world generation. Can you suggest a way that your new biome ideas will fit into small worlds without overlapping with other already existing ones?
Well, im thinking that they could either A, be really small as to fit in the gaps, or B, replace certain biomes/biome clusters randomly.
EX: a granite or marble biome being replaced with a new one.
I just kinda thought that it would be cool to hear of new biome concepts/ideas, even if they don't fit quite well.

I’ve always liked the idea of a ghost town type biome. Would be very small with a handful of lootable houses like a cluster of houses in the underground/cavern level. I’d say four or more spawn close together, would create a biome effect with an eerie version of the town music and random ghost spawns.

Because it’s an actual biome, the loot in any chest would be more specific (like the things NPCs would have sold) but ancient versions. Like ancient torches, ancient seeds, etc. you would still see normal house loot but maybe there could be ancient workbench/furniture sets that are like medieval versions.

There could also be descendent/wildling mobs that are like wild versions of humans that live in the tunnels nearby.

The underworld is basically an abandoned city so an abandoned town further up but with possible survivors makes some sense geographically.

I’ve always liked the idea of a ghost town type biome. Would be very small with a handful of lootable houses like a cluster of houses in the underground/cavern level. I’d say four or more spawn close together, would create a biome effect with an eerie version of the town music and random ghost spawns.

Because it’s an actual biome, the loot in any chest would be more specific (like the things NPCs would have sold) but ancient versions. Like ancient torches, ancient seeds, etc. you would still see normal house loot but maybe there could be ancient workbench/furniture sets that are like medieval versions.

There could also be descendent/wildling mobs that are like wild versions of humans that live in the tunnels nearby.

The underworld is basically an abandoned city so an abandoned town further up but with possible survivors makes some sense geographically.
So kinda like a combo of the underground abandoned houses and a graveyard biome?

So kinda like a combo of the underground abandoned houses and a graveyard biome?
Yep exactly. Abandoned houses would act like gravestones and the more that are grouped together the stronger the effect. Unique mob and furniture/items you could only get there.

Back
Top Bottom