Mobile New clue to cloud save issue

Tempestus

Terrarian
I didn't see anyone else post this issue/clue so I thought I'd start a thread to help get through troubleshooting.

I just picked up Terraria for Android a couple days ago (great port!) but sadly my cloud save entirely disappeared yesterday.
(I've got local backup but lost several hours. I'll probably start playing off local and only backup to cloud from now on after this experience.)

When I looked at my Google Drive I noticed that there's no "Terraria" folder and no save file.

Here's the probable clue/issue:

If I look at View details > My Drive > Activity I *do* see evidence of the file being uploaded and edited. Here's the probable issue/clue:

"Can't find folder. This folder doesn't exist or you no longer have permission to access it."

So it looks like for some reason my login has lost permissions to the "Terraria" directory.

Ko4Cd

Attachments

• 2017-02-24 11_45_57-My Drive - Google Drive.png
    2017-02-24 11_45_57-My Drive - Google Drive.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 333
Hmm. I Have never seen a Terraria Folder in my Google Drive. For me, if i wanted to get a Cloud World on another device, i set up a cloud world or make a Local to Cloud Backup and then go on my other device to check if its there. If not, i log in and out of Google via the button on the Top Right corner in the main menu. I know when it works when i press the Cloud button in the worlds menu and it takes about 2 to 3 Seconds to load the cloud saves.

My player, who was saved to the cloud, was deleted. I did not have it backed up to local. Is there anything I can do to get him back? I did not see any evidence of a Terraria folder in my google drive

My player, who was saved to the cloud, was deleted. I did not have it backed up to local. Is there anything I can do to get him back? I did not see any evidence of a Terraria folder in my google drive
Did you delete the cloud save character yourself? Or you're saying you don't see the character in your list of cloud saves and think the game glitched and deleted it?

I didn't see anyone else post this issue/clue so I thought I'd start a thread to help get through troubleshooting.

I just picked up Terraria for Android a couple days ago (great port!) but sadly my cloud save entirely disappeared yesterday.
(I've got local backup but lost several hours. I'll probably start playing off local and only backup to cloud from now on after this experience.)

When I looked at my Google Drive I noticed that there's no "Terraria" folder and no save file.

Here's the probable clue/issue:

If I look at View details > My Drive > Activity I *do* see evidence of the file being uploaded and edited. Here's the probable issue/clue:

"Can't find folder. This folder doesn't exist or you no longer have permission to access it."

So it looks like for some reason my login has lost permissions to the "Terraria" directory.

Ko4Cd
Yes. If you go to drive and try to move any of the Terraria saves in your drive it opens up the move selection and shows the terraria folder for the game. (Press the three dots on the file and press move)

Sadly you're unable to select any of the applications or files in the folder. For whatever reason your phone treats the folder like some semi existent ghost. Hope this helps the cause.

Edit: I just did more investigating and found out that the Terraria folder was in the trash for whatever reason. I am next to sure I didn't put it there myself. I am guessing this happened when I deleted the app (I installed it again) or it came with an update.

Sadly this doesn't seem to do anything to help my old character file even though it's in the folder.

Last edited:
To get the cloud to work on android you have to make sure that Google drive can access storage. If not the backup will not work.

Step 1: Go to settings
Step 2: Go to apps
Step 3: find the app labeled "Drive" and click on it.
Step 4: Scroll down to where it says permissions and enable it.
Step 5: Load terraria and open up the cloud saves at the bottom of your screen. Your save should be there waiting for you.

If your save is not there look in Google Drives and search for the folder labeled "Terraria" your backup saves are saved in that folder. If it is not there look into the trash folder. Create a temporary backup save and move your dominant save into the terraria folder.

Hey, I was having cloud issues too, I just solved mine. I backed up my characters and worlds to cloud on my old phone, and went to my new phone to pull from tjt cloud, but I coucould see any. I checked my drivez amd found 3 Terraria folders, one empty and one with 1 file for each character and world, then another with around 5 different saves for each, probably because id backed up multiple times on my old old device. I deleyed the empty and the overly full one, synced my gmail account, opened the app, and the characters were all still gone but one world was there. I exited the world after backing up local, and checked again and found all characters and both backed up worlds.

Back
Top Bottom