Weapons & Equip New Endgame Lance: Dragoon Lance

Do you think this lance would be fun to use?

• Very much so!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it could be toned down a bit, otherwise it's fine.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It is grossly inbalanced.

• No.

• Total voters

_Slappin

Terrarian
After some thoughtful thinking, I feel I came up with a nice idea for a lategame spear besides the North Pole.

Meet the Royal Dragon Lance.
Dragon%20LanceTerraria_zpsgag6vhu9.png

Royal Dragon Lance:
Damage:
65 (Melee)
Knockback: 7.5 (Strong)
Critical Chance: 10%
Use Time: 30 (Average)
Rarity:
Rarity_color_7_big.png

Buy/Sell: 1
Platinum_Coin.png
Gold_Coin.png
, 4
Gold_Coin.png
Silver_Coin.png

Tip : "Strike before they can react!"

Sold by the Traveling Merchant after beating the Frost Moon atleast twice, and the player must posess atleast one hardmode mount(excluding the Drill).

As you can see, it's damage is 8 less than that of the North Pole, not even including the icy spear projectile said weapon fires.

However, the difference between this spear and the North Pole is not only the higher base Knockback and Critical Chance, but a unique bonus where your bonus movespeed will give your strike more damage and a higher critical hit chance, while also making the strike ignore a percentage of the enemy's defense.

10% - 19% = + 8 Damage, 2% Critical Strike, no defense ignored
20% - 29% = + 12 Damage, 4% Critical Strike, ignores 7% of defense
30% - 39% = + 18 Damage, 6% Critical Strike, ignores 14% of defense
40% - 49% = + 27 Damage, 9% Critical Strike, ignores 21% of defense
50% - 59% = + 40 Damage, 15% Critical Strike, ignores 28% of defense
60% - 69% = + 61 Damage, 22% Critical Strike, ignores 35% of defense
70% - 79% = + 91 Damage, 35% Critical Strike, ignores 70% of defense
80% -120% = + 136 Damage, gaurenteed Critical Strike, ignores 90% of defense

NOTE1: These bonuses do not stack, you won't get the 10% - 19% bonus and the 20% - 29% bonus together if you have 25% bonus movespeed.
NOTE2: These bonuses are added to the base stats, so having 80% or more movespeed will give a gauranteed critical strike of 402 damage, ignoring 90% of the targets defense.

Leave any feedback or questions below, I'd love to get some critisicm on my first post here!

Last edited:
Hello royal dragon lance, kinda on the fence about this at the moment also welcome to the forums!

You could smoothen the crit chance if you know what I mean.
I don't exactly know what you mean to be honest. If you're talking about the massive leap in the numbers at the 80% - 120% mark that is intentional, because I want a max speed strike to always end up critically striking. The numbers are in a rough state I'll admit, but I didn't want the stats to be too strong at lower speed to medium speeds, but I wanted them to sting at the highest speed possible in normal combat. Like, unless you build a massive bridge to fight every boss, you're not super likely to get massive amounts of speed without using all of the buffs and accesories possible while also letting boots ramp up. I suppose the crit chance could be stronger at lower levels though, so I editted that. I also changed 80% - 120% from "90% Critical Strike" to " gaurenteed Critical Strike."

Thanks for the welcome! What exactly makes you stay on the fence about it though?
Im on the fence because it has a peculiar way of getting it, but it does seem like a useful and fun weapon. I think it went a bit high when you were giving it effects seriously 90% defense ignored!?!?! thats a bit far, sorry for not being descriptive it was a late night post.

Im on the fence because it has a peculiar way of getting it, but it does seem like a useful and fun weapon. I think it went a bit high when you were giving it effects seriously 90% defense ignored!?!?! thats a bit far, sorry for not being descriptive it was a late night post.
Well, if you think about it logically, the likelyhood of getting over 80% speed in battle is very low, especially versus bosses. And if you think It would be broken in a PVP sense, crits don't apply in PVP, so it's max damage won't be able to one shot somebody. You're probably only likely to get one of those super powerful strikes every once in awhile, while the rest of your strikes are probably going to be in the 20% - 49% bonus speed range.

The reason for getting it was after I did some research, I learned that a Dragoon is "a member of any of several cavalry regiments in the British army." Hope that clears up my reasoning for adding in the mount requirement.

Back
Top Bottom