Official New front page layout - the Feature Slider!

OK, after a few changes, it's back on.
  • The slider should fit in with each theme better, in terms of color and appearance;
  • The red progress bar is gone. You may still see a small (1px) dark line moving across some images, but it is much less noticeable;
  • I changed the height to 75% of what it was before, so that it doesn't seem so big. The width is always going to be whatever the width of the main article area is.
Obviously, we need new/better images -those will be coming.

Is the slider working properly on mobile devices? Because I'm using the mobile browser.
You tell me - that's part of the feedback we need. There are thousands of different mobile devices.

On my mobile phone (HTC-One Android), the slider doesn't seem to appear at all for me, either in the default browser or Chrome. eta: I changed to a fixed-width theme and it appears and funtions properly.
On my Kindle Fire 7" tablet, the slider appears and seems to function properly.

It seems that if your browser window is too narrow, the slider will disappear. This happens when resizing my Firefox window on my PC - at a certain width, both the slider and the sidebar on the right disappear.

On mobile, try using a fixed-width theme - it made it work for me.

Last edited:
Good Day, Terrarians!

There's been a lot of news lately from the Terraria Compound, with more news coming soon, and our front page was getting a bit crowded. In order to try to give all of our news its proper exposure, we've added a Feature Slider to top of the front page. Now we can give all members and visitors a quick look at all of our news, not just the last thing posted.

View attachment 87332

Each "frame" in the slider can be clicked on, and will take you to the full article (which for now will still be on the front page below the slider). Positioning your cursor over the image will pause the scroll. There are directional arrows on each side of the slider to go back and forth, and there is a pause/play button at top right to start/stop the scrolling completely.

The developers, community manager, and forum staff will work together to decide on what gets featured, just as we have with the front page articles.

We welcome your comments and criticisms about this below - we'd especially love to hear your experiences with this on mobile devices.

[If you don't see this on your front page yet, please wait a few minutes and/or try refreshing your browser.]
Eh, if it slides, so be it

Good Day, Terrarians!

There's been a lot of news lately from the Terraria Compound, with more news coming soon, and our front page was getting a bit crowded. In order to try to give all of our news its proper exposure, we've added a Feature Slider to top of the front page. Now we can give all members and visitors a quick look at all of our news, not just the last thing posted.

View attachment 87332

Each "frame" in the slider can be clicked on, and will take you to the full article (which for now will still be on the front page below the slider). Positioning your cursor over the image will pause the scroll. There are directional arrows on each side of the slider to go back and forth, and there is a pause/play button at top right to start/stop the scrolling completely.

The developers, community manager, and forum staff will work together to decide on what gets featured, just as we have with the front page articles.

We welcome your comments and criticisms about this below - we'd especially love to hear your experiences with this on mobile devices.

[If you don't see this on your front page yet, please wait a few minutes and/or try refreshing your browser.]
It's amazing now instead of scrolling through the front page we can click through to see if there is anything new and important!

Hello, I like the new widget. I would like to see Top News, Top Trending articles or posts, Top PC News, Top Console News, and Top Mobile News plus maybe a total of 7-8 tabs of top-important information. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom