Biomes & Nature New functionality for acorns and etc.

>>Terrarian<<

Solar Pillar
Hello again folks! I came to make one more suggestion because I really like nature and plants. Well, let's get to the point: the acorns in the sand are used to grow palm trees, right? so that is what should change, to make palms grow, in my opinion, should be planted coconuts that drop from the palm trees, and with the acorns in the sand a new tree grows: the cactus tree (I do not refer to normal cacti) and Normal cacti grow as ever naturally over time and slowly.

I have something else to say in this thread: you know that both the shiny underground mushrooms and the surface mushrooms grow quiet, do not they? Well, that also has to change and now with version 1.3.6 of this game we could plant the surface mushrooms with acorns. liked? Yes? no? please comment.:D

While it would be cool and sensible to create a new seed for these trees, it'd make it a hassle to carry various seed types for each respective biome. Let's just keep it as the "magical universal acorn" for the sake of ease on the player and general versatility. :)

Also, I wouldn't see a cactus tree as a fit in these biomes, as the normal cactus already provide enough resources for the player and fill the biome's flora gap well enough.

And with the Glowing Mushrooms, are you suggesting that there is an acorn type for these mushrooms that grow the tall Glowing Mushroom trees? If so, that isn't necessary. They grow simlar to the cactus, as in if it meets the biome requirements and has space to grow, it will grow without need of input by the player.

If I have made any mistakes in analyzing your post, please let me know. :)
Happy suggesting!

While it would be cool and sensible to create a new seed for these trees, it'd make it a hassle to carry various seed types for each respective biome. Let's just keep it as the "magical universal acorn" for the sake of ease on the player and general versatility. :)

I did not say anything about having a kind of acorn for each type of tree and besides, why should there be? this would make no sense since each tree grows in a different kind of grass, unless there is more than one kind of vegetation growing in the same substance, as would be the case in the sand I have just suggested.
Also, I wouldn't see a cactus tree as a fit in these biomes, as the normal cactus already provide enough resources for the player and fill the biome's flora gap well enough.
In this I agree, however the tree I just suggested would only be for aesthetics ie for being beautiful and only serves for dropping wood.
And with the Glowing Mushrooms, are you suggesting that there is an acorn type for these mushrooms that grow the tall Glowing Mushroom trees? If so, that isn't necessary. They grow simlar to the cactus, as in if it meets the biome requirements and has space to grow, it will grow without need of input by the player.
this I had previously quoted, and, I do not think it unnecessary because in fact I made this post with a purpose that is exactly this: it is necessary that there is a way to plant the shiny mushrooms even through spores dropped by mushroom trees.

I did not say anything about having a kind of acorn for each type of tree and besides, why should there be? this would make no sense since each tree grows in a different kind of grass, unless there is more than one kind of vegetation growing in the same substance, as would be the case in the sand I have just suggested.
I meant an acorn type, or something that makes a specific tree type grow. This is because you suggested that the Palm Trees drop a coconut that is instead used as the "acorn" for the palm tree, which allows artifical growth of said tree. To my point, no different acorn types should be implemented, just to make it easier for everyone.

In this I agree, however the tree I just suggested would only be for aesthetics ie for being beautiful and only serves for dropping wood. I guess this could work as a Giant Cactus, similar to the natural Giant Trees that you may find. It will be a bit strange though, and somewhat repetitive and invasive. If it was aesthetic, then it would be better off keeping the normal cactus as for reasons provided above.

this I had previously quoted, and, I do not think it unnecessary because in fact I made this post with a purpose that is exactly this: it is necessary that there is a way to plant the shiny mushrooms even through spores dropped by mushroom trees.
The trees themselves already regrow when provided space and enough of said biome, so is there any need for a seed type? While yes, they don't grow underground naturally, couldn't they just alter it so that they do this naturally for the sake of consistency? The same could be applied to underground Jungle Trees. I don't quite understand what you mean by "spores", perhaps you mean Glowing Mushroom Seeds or the Glowing Mushroom material itself?
My responsives are bolded red text. Please, if there is any other ways I may have misinterpreted your post, please let me know.
As always, happy suggesting.

Last edited:
Well, in relation to the spores I wanted to say another possible "acorn" option to plant the mushroom trees because they are all trees, and trees must have some seed to be planted, even though, obviously, there are no giant mushrooms bigger than a person. but you know that many things in this game are fictitious, right?

Back
Top Bottom