Items [New] Perma-Foods

Fichom

Steampunker
Heyho, an idea for items that permanently give food buffs.
They should be quite hard to get, and given there are 3 grades of food buff, I think there should be 1 for each grade. If a player carries more than one of these, he gets only the benefits of the best one.
So they are:
  • Tier 1: Bountiful Harvest
    • ingredients: Bowl of Soup, Bunny Stew, Roasted Bird, Cooked Fish, Apple, Apricot, Grapefruit, Lemonade, Peach, Cherry, Plum, Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Coconut, Smoothie of Darkness/Bloody Moscato, Cream Soda
    • gives 'Well Fed' buff permanently
    • available post-Skeletron
  • Tier 2: Grand Feast
    • ingredients: Bountiful Harvest, Froggle Bunwich, Monster Lasagna, Sashimi, Cooked Shrimp, Prismatic Punch, Fries, Chicken Nugget, Shrimp Po' Boy, Burger, Banana Split, Grapes, Milk Shake, Shucked Oyster
    • gives 'Plenty Satisfied' buff permanently
    • available once in hardmode
  • Tier 3: King's Banquet
    • ingredients: Grand Feast, Golden Delight, Seafood Dinner, Lobster Tail, Escargot, Roasted Duck, Steak, Apple Pie, BBQ Ribs
    • gives 'Exquisitely Stuffed' buff permanently
    • available post-Plantera
The Bountiful Harvest could be made easier to obtain, by requiring only one fruit from each tree type(instead of all of them).
The Grand Feast/King's Banquet could easily be made harder to obtain by requiring most/all of the droppable foods, though I'd argue that would be too much.

Edit: The idea is the item is held in your inventory, just like the Guide To Critter Companionship or the Cellphone components

Last edited:
feel like the modding for that would be child's play for some people (i have not got the skill, barely making my first mod now), but a great idea!

Heyho, an idea for items that permanently give food buffs.
They should be quite hard to get, and given there are 3 grades of food buff, I think there should be 1 for each grade. If a player carries more than one of these, he gets only the benefits of the best one.
So they are:
  • Tier 1: Bountiful Harvest
    • ingredients: Bowl of Soup, Bunny Stew, Roasted Bird, Cooked Fish, Apple, Apricot, Grapefruit, Lemonade, Peach, Cherry, Plum, Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Coconut, Smoothie of Darkness/Bloody Moscato, Cream Soda
    • gives 'Well Fed' buff permanently
    • available post-Skeletron
  • Tier 2: Grand Feast
    • ingredients: Bountiful Harvest, Froggle Bunwich, Monster Lasagna, Sashimi, Cooked Shrimp, Prismatic Punch, Fries, Chicken Nugget, Shrimp Po' Boy, Burger, Banana Split, Grapes, Milk Shake, Shucked Oyster
    • gives 'Plenty Satisfied' buff permanently
    • available once in hardmode
  • Tier 3: King's Banquet
    • ingredients: Grand Feast, Golden Delight, Seafood Dinner, Lobster Tail, Escargot, Roasted Duck, Steak, Apple Pie, BBQ Ribs
    • gives 'Exquisitely Stuffed' buff permanently
    • available post-Plantera
The Bountiful Harvest could be made easier to obtain, by requiring only one fruit from each tree type(instead of all of them).
The Grand Feast/King's Banquet could easily be made harder to obtain by requiring most/all of the droppable foods, though I'd argue that would be too much.

Edit: The idea is the item is held in your inventory, just like the Guide To Critter Companionship or the Cellphone components
Interesting idea, certainly extremely hard to get though.

Well it's more of an 'accomplisher' kind of item, just like the Ankh Shield, Cellphone or the Zenith.
The food buff is probably the best all-around buff in the game, and my idea is to have new players explore the game in hunt for the foods - also,
the wonder of finding the tip 'material' on any item is always exciting(well, it was for me before I pretty much memorized what every item in the game does,
but it will certainly be exciting for new players).
Some ample hints from the guide would most likely be necessary for newer players to locate the foods(without having to rely on the wiki), but also have him hint on the general
usefulness of the food(not saying he doesn't have a quote on that, just didn't run into it myself).

Well it's more of an 'accomplisher' kind of item, just like the Ankh Shield, Cellphone or the Zenith.
The food buff is probably the best all-around buff in the game, and my idea is to have new players explore the game in hunt for the foods - also,
the wonder of finding the tip 'material' on any item is always exciting(well, it was for me before I pretty much memorized what every item in the game does,
but it will certainly be exciting for new players).
Some ample hints from the guide would most likely be necessary for newer players to locate the foods(without having to rely on the wiki), but also have him hint on the general
usefulness of the food(not saying he doesn't have a quote on that, just didn't run into it myself).
That's pretty reasonable. I like the idea!

Imo this is a good idea, but I'm kind of worried with how this will completely remove the "side-challenge" in the constant seed, since you're effectively well-fed 24/7. Maybe have it act as a placeable food item on a plate that will constantly give players buffs when right clicked for 60 minutes

Or remove it entirely in that seed
Yeah, this seems like the easiest fix.

Making it a 'plate' item is even more broken(if you were thinking it could function like the ammo box and other buff 'furniture'), since suddenly all the players have access to it(rather than just the one holding it) - in a MP scenario ofc. Also, it being an item, it takes up inventory space(which might not be as problematic when the new stack limits are introduced with 1.5, but still a limiting factor).

Also on the note of how to prompt the player to attempt to get the food - maybe an achievement for getting the first item(Bountiful Harvest).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom