Weapons & Equip New set bonus for Bee Armour

What set bonus do you think would be the best?

• Bees that fight for you spawn when you attack an enemy.

• A friendly bee/hornet that doesn't use a minion slot will attack nearby enemies.

• Hives rotate around you and burst into bees upon getting hit.

• A permanent swarm of bees protects you from enemies.

• Bee related gear is boosted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even after its nerfs, Obsidian Armour still seems superior to Bee Armour. I think that Bee Armour could have a new set bonus to make it more on par with Obsidian: while wearing a full set of Bee Armour, minion damage dealt will sometimes spawn bees that deal summon damage (it's similar to the Spectre Armour set bonus with the Mask, except for minion damage, weaker, and becomes a bit more powerful with the Hive Pack).

Last edited:
I suggest bee armor can summon a additional horest to defend you, just like stardust set
and boosting minion knockback would be awesome too
i think a bee swarm surrounding the player that basically swarms up to three enemies is better as we already have a hornet staff, having a "horest" defend you doesn't make sense

i think a bee swarm surrounding the player that basically swarms up to three enemies is better as we already have a hornet staff, having a "horest" defend you doesn't make sense
Would the bee swarm you're talking about appear when you take damage or deal damage or would it appear from the start? My original idea is that the bees would spawn around the enemy like with the Spectre Mask but your idea of a bee swarm that spawns around you that attacks enemies that get close enough is good.

Even after its nerfs, Obsidian Armour still seems superior to Bee Armour. I think that Bee Armour could have a new set bonus to make it more on par with Obsidian: while wearing a full set of Bee Armour, minion damage dealt will sometimes spawn bees that deal summon damage (it's similar to the Spectre Armour set bonus with the Mask, except for minion damage, weaker, and becomes a bit more powerful with the Hive Pack).
Wait, I have an improved idea of yours
set bonus: Summons two hives orbit around you that when shot or touched by a hostile NPC or projectile, burst into a swarm of bees to attack your foes (has a 3 second cooldown)
12% extra minion damage and knockback

I suggest bee armor can summon a additional horest to defend you, just like stardust set
and boosting minion knockback would be awesome too
I mean a horest that doesn't take minion slots and shoots twice as fast
But sure it is a good idea
This hornet would instantly spawn upon dying or switching worlds, right?

Wait, I have an improved idea of yours
set bonus: Summons two hives orbit around you that when shot or touched by a hostile NPC or projectile, burst into a swarm of bees to attack your foes (has a 4 second cooldown)
12% extra minion damage and knockback
Maybe more hives could appear the lower your health gets?

Yes

it should be offensive, your idea is more toward defenive. summoners need a damage buff, not defense since it's defense is almost nonee anyways
In Pre-Hardmode, summoners really benefit from the damage buffs of Obsidian, so yeah it should probably be offensive so that it can compete with Obsidian Armour. But would these hives block damage from reaching you as well as breaking and summoning bees?

In Pre-Hardmode, summoners really benefit from the damage buffs of Obsidian, so yeah it should probably be offensive so that it can compete with Obsidian Armour. But would these hives block damage from reaching you as well as breaking and summoning bees?
I don't think so, I think it's too op (Unless there is only 1 beehive and it bursts twice the amount of bees) or otherwise it would become molten armor 2.0

Here's a simple change.
Change the set bonus from 10% summon damage to 10% all damage. IF you want to support your minions with a whip go obsidian, if you want to support them with something else go bee.
Only concern is that this might outclass spider armor.

Here's a simple change.
Change the set bonus from 10% summon damage to 10% all damage. IF you want to support your minions with a whip go obsidian, if you want to support them with something else go bee.
i think it should remain the same in general Accessories are the ones to boost all damage not armor sets.
i also doubt it will outclass spider armor considering defense minion capacity and other stats

Here's a simple change.
But if someone's playing pure summoner, this change will not help them in any way, and they'll just chose Obsidian. Also my suggestion is to add a creative, non-stat-only set bonus for Bee Armour.

But if someone's playing pure summoner, this change will not help them in any way, and they'll just chose Obsidian. Also my suggestion is to add a creative, non-stat-only set bonus for Bee Armour.
Here's a simple change.
Yeah, I agree to that, it just sounds... like weird. Remember crystal assessin armor dropped from queen slime?

That was given the dash set bonus.
I think that the simplest option is a chance to spawn bees around you or around an enemy when you deal minion damage (Minion damage so that it focuses on minions instead of whips)
Wait, crystal assessin has a dash now? is it a 1.4 or 1.4.1 thing
also that is pretty good idea, so now we have two pre hardmode summoner armor, one focused on whips and one focused on minions (the orbiting hive should be an minion)

Pure summoner's are going to be using whips. It would be very hard to give bee armor something that can compete with obsidian armor's massive whip bonuses if you want to go pure. If it's something that massively improves minions it's defiantly going to be outclassing spider armor.

A summon set giving a bit of non summon offensive stats isn't unheard of. Look at hallowed armor, it has 7% non summon damage and critical chance, it arguably has better offensive stats than spider because of it.

Back
Top Bottom