Weapons & Equip Night's _____ (Let other forms of equipment join the Bandwagon!)

The Perspirator

Terrarian
Everyone knows about the strongest Pre-Hardmode Sword in the game, the Night's Edge
36095-cb4f0b0b6b7adbcd376cf9342111a4b2.jpg

But notice how while there is a:
  • Jungle Set
  • Molten Set
  • Shadow Set

Why don't they have an all-powerful set that combines the best of them all while losing the weaknesses?

The answer is simple. The Dungeon doesn't have a set(technically it does, Necro, but it has nothing to do wit h water) so why not add one? Here we go.

• The Dungeon Set (Aqua)
    • Helm: 6 armor, raises attack speed of Auto-Swing weapons 20% (Making things fluid)
    • Chest plate: 7 armor, raises Breath time by 4 seconds and movement speed 7%(obvious)
    • Greaves: 5 armor, reduces drown damage taken by 2 DMG/S(obvious)
    • Set Bonus: Dealing damage refills your breath meter(no idea about balance)
And now, with your powers combined, I am Captain Pla- no, the Nacht Set!
    • Helm: 13 armor, raises maximum mana by 40, reduces mana usage 8%
    • Chest plate: 14 armor Raises melee speed and damage 14%
    • Greaves: 12 armor, raises movement speed 14%
    • Set Bonus: Emits 65% light, raises melee speed a further 15%, damaging an enemy spawns a completely black Eater of Souls to fly across the screen and heal you for the damage it deals.

And yes, it's probably overpowered. This is intended to help early hardmode players get the hang of the new aggressive gameplay.

In the mean time...

Dark Lance balance: 45 DMG instead of 27, HM spears are promptly buffed
Maybe a Night's Boomerang and a Night's Flail...
I dunno.

Attachments

• Night's_Edge.png
    Night's_Edge.png
    231 bytes · Views: 103
Well, Bones, Fire, Grass and Evil don't make Night.
Correct. The lore behind the Night's Edge is not that the four swords combine to create the Night's Edge. The Light's Bane, Blade of Grass, Muramasa, and Fiery Greatsword are sacrificed to the Demon Altar, which then creates the Night's Edge.

The dungeon is not necessarily associated with water... There are really only a few references to water in the dungeon (Blue Brick, Water Candles, Water Bolts, and the Dark Caster).

In fact, there are blazing wheels as well, along with Diabolists, Hell Armored Bones, the Skeleton Commando (bit of a stretch here, but explosions do not relate to water), etc. It's perfectly possible that the dungeon was INTENDED to be a water dungeon but at this point it looks like someone went "screw that, I'm putting in whatever I want" halfway through pre-HM.

Plus the main enemy in the dungeons are skeletons. So I think we can safely claim it's mostly undead themed right now.
And yeah, there's the Necro Armor (ranged) already, if we take the above arguments into play.

And no, I do not see a reason we need a all class encompassing armor at this point. (Actually, it's not even that. Ranged and Summoner aren't represented.)

Well, Bones, Fire, Grass and Evil don't make Night.
Especially since there are no bones in the recipe. It's Fire, Grass, Darkness, and Steel (The Muramasa is a ninja style sword, I think we can assume it's made of some type of metal).
And it's not making night. I personally like to think that I'm imbuing the Light's Bane with the other swords, but there are other interpretations of the lore.

Back
Top Bottom