tModLoader Nihilism - Empties the game

Can the configs be edited directly or do all changes have to be made in the game via commands?

Also, would it be possible to make it so the player can add new recipes through this mod? Is that even possible to do via modding? It's been my dream feature ever since using MineTweaker for Minecraft--combined with removing recipes (and items, mob spawns, mob drops, etc.) it's a great way to force mods to play nice together if the end user is willing to put in the effort.
You can edit the config defaults in the Mod Configs/Nihilism.json file. You can edit per-world configs in Mod Specific Data/Nihilism/<world file name>.json, or else in-game via commands (type /help in chat to see the list). Let me know if you're having trouble.

You can't add recipes, but it's easy to make a custom mod to do so (I could even whip one up quickly if you give me a list). I actually have an unfinished mod called Game Changer that I'd planned to do such a thing with by configuration (among other things), but due to lack of interest it's been on hold since.

Would you be able to incorporate a function to blacklist the harvesting of certain blocks?
This is to say I don't want to outright block the use of the block because I still want them to be able to use it, just not obtain it via normal means.

Would you be able to incorporate a function to blacklist the harvesting of certain blocks?
This is to say I don't want to outright block the use of the block because I still want them to be able to use it, just not obtain it via normal means.
That would have to be added as a feature. I may just do that in the next major version.

Hey Hamstar,
first of all: you make awesome mods!
Here is one bug I found while testing Nihilism: in Multiplayer it appears that the ingame chat commands dont work. They dont eaven appear when typing "/help" in the chat.
So after activating Nihilism manually for the world throught the specific .json file everything works fine, but for deactivating / configuring it you need to restart the game.
Hope you can fix it :D
Singleplayer works like a charm.

Oh and I encounterd that bug with the most recent version 2.1.7.5

Hey Hamstar,
first of all: you make awesome mods!
Here is one bug I found while testing Nihilism: in Multiplayer it appears that the ingame chat commands dont work. They dont eaven appear when typing "/help" in the chat.
So after activating Nihilism manually for the world throught the specific .json file everything works fine, but for deactivating / configuring it you need to restart the game.
Hope you can fix it :D
Singleplayer works like a charm.

Oh and I encounterd that bug with the most recent version 2.1.7.5
Chat commands only work by console in MP mode. You'll need to run MP by way of the dedicated server if you want access to them.

The idea is not to allow just anyone on a server to tinker with blacklists and such, as it would probably enable griefing.

Thinking about it makes it sound very logical, it's not a bug, it's a feature!
Thanks for the reply.

Hey Hamstar, me again.
I keep having trouble using the mod to block a critter from the Wildlife Mod, simply called "deer". The file for my world looks like this:

{
"IsActive": true,
"ItemBlacklist": [ ],
"RecipeBlacklist": [ ],
"NpcBlacklist": [
"deer"
],
"NpcLootBlacklist": [ ],
"RecipeWhitelist": [ ],
"ItemWhitelist": [ ],
"NpcWhitelist": [ ],
"NpcLootWhitelist": [ ]
}

Can you please give me a hint why the deer keeps spawning? Maybe I need a special form of writing and not just use "deer"?
Thanks in advance!

Hey Hamstar, me again.
I keep having trouble using the mod to block a critter from the Wildlife Mod, simply called "deer". The file for my world looks like this:

{
"IsActive": true,
"ItemBlacklist": [ ],
"RecipeBlacklist": [ ],
"NpcBlacklist": [
"deer"
],
"NpcLootBlacklist": [ ],
"RecipeWhitelist": [ ],
"ItemWhitelist": [ ],
"NpcWhitelist": [ ],
"NpcLootWhitelist": [ ]
}

Can you please give me a hint why the deer keeps spawning? Maybe I need a special form of writing and not just use "deer"?
Thanks in advance!
The name might be case sensitive. Otherwise, I'll see if I can replicate this.

Hey Hamstar,
sorry for the late response. Looks like you were right about the case sensitive writing. Using "Deer" no more of these NPCs appear.
Thanks for the awesome mod!

Requires Mod Helpers

Removes item recipes, mob spawns, item drops from mobs, and items. Configurable. Meant mainly for use by custom maps or mods. Players can enable or disable the mod on a per world basis via. chat commands (type /help for options).

Usage

To activate for a given world, type `/nih-on` in the chat.

To clear the current blacklists and whitelists (e.g. the default samples), type `/nih-clear`.

Use the mod's config editor (settings) to adjust defaults for blacklists and whitelists. Any defaults changes can be applied to the current world with the `nih-defaults-reset` command.

Type `/help` and scroll with the arrow keys to see the full list of commands (also seen here in the source code).

Modders

To use this with your mod, simply call the API functions like so (e.g. to permit only the use of a Gold Pickaxe):
Code:
class MyCustomModPlayer : ModPlayer {

public override void OnEnterWorld( Player player ) {
    if( player.whoAmI == Main.myPlayer && this.player.whoAmI == player.whoAmI ) {
      Mod nihMod = ModLoader.GetMod("Nihilism");
      if( nihMod != null ) {
        bool localOnly = true;
        nihMod.Call( "SetItemWhitelistEntry", new ItemDefinition(ItemID.GoldPickaxe), localOnly );
      }
    }
  }

}

Todo:
  • Blacklist shop items.

Source available here. API now available.

Available config fields are defined here.

Nihilism.png

"mob spawns, item drops from mobs"
You mean entity spawns
The word 'Mob' Is a noun and can mean:
1. A large and often disorderly crowd.
2. The mass of common people; the populace.
3. often Mob Informal A criminal organization, especially the Mafia operating in the United States.
4. An indiscriminate or loosely associated group of things: a mob of boats in the harbor.
5. Australian A flock or herd of animals.
6. To crowd around and jostle or annoy, especially in anger or excessive enthusiasm: Eager fans mobbed the popular singer.
7. To crowd into: Visitors mobbed the fairgrounds.

"mob spawns, item drops from mobs"
You mean entity spawns
The word 'Mob' Is a noun and can mean:
1. A large and often disorderly crowd.
2. The mass of common people; the populace.
3. often Mob Informal A criminal organization, especially the Mafia operating in the United States.
4. An indiscriminate or loosely associated group of things: a mob of boats in the harbor.
5. Australian A flock or herd of animals.
6. To crowd around and jostle or annoy, especially in anger or excessive enthusiasm: Eager fans mobbed the popular singer.
7. To crowd into: Visitors mobbed the fairgrounds.
'Entity' in terraria collectively refers to items, players, npcs, and projectiles. 'Enemy' could include a boss or hostile player, so that one isn't adequate as well. The most correct term is 'npc', but that's sometimes thought of as specifically town npcs, so the term is further confusing. Commonly the term 'mob' is often used in video games to refer to hostile npcs, collectively.

Hi, this mod seems to be completely broken for me running the most recent version on Terraria 1.3.5.2 and TML 0.11.6.2.

The accessory duplication glitch mentioned earlier in the thread is still present and also applies to some items with right click functionality.

With no mods installed except Nihilism and Mod Helpers I cannot seem to set up a custom configuration for Nihilism no matter what combination of commands and config files I try. Enabling Nihilism always results in the default lists being applied.

The console commands are also rather confusing so it may be partially on me. What do I need to do to make the config menu options apply to the current world? Clearing the default config lists, adding items to the blacklist, and then using /nih-defaults-set + /nih-on results in the default blacklists being applied.

Some help would be appreciated as I would really like to use this mod to assist in balancing more intricate modpacks.

Hi, this mod seems to be completely broken for me running the most recent version on Terraria 1.3.5.2 and TML 0.11.6.2.

The accessory duplication glitch mentioned earlier in the thread is still present and also applies to some items with right click functionality.

With no mods installed except Nihilism and Mod Helpers I cannot seem to set up a custom configuration for Nihilism no matter what combination of commands and config files I try. Enabling Nihilism always results in the default lists being applied.

The console commands are also rather confusing so it may be partially on me. What do I need to do to make the config menu options apply to the current world? Clearing the default config lists, adding items to the blacklist, and then using /nih-defaults-set + /nih-on results in the default blacklists being applied.

Some help would be appreciated as I would really like to use this mod to assist in balancing more intricate modpacks.
Alright, first send me your client.log file when you try to enable the settings after /nih-on. I'll see if anything is going awry then.

The only thing in client.log that's appearing besides vanilla world loading stuff is this when I do /nih-off:

Code:
[03:26:34] [1/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000023.31         Aborted timer ModHelpersTasksPrune

And this when I do /nih-show-filters (this is immediately after doing /nih-clear):
Code:
[03:31:29] [1/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000099.00         Is nihilated: True
Items BL:

Item Groups BL:
  Any Equipment
Items WL:

Items Groups WL:
  Any Copper Or Tin Equipment
Recipes BL:

Recipes Groups BL:
  Any Equipment
Recipes WL:

Recipes Groups WL:
NPCs BL:

NPCs Groups BL:
  Any Hostile NPC
Loot WL:

Loot Groups WL:
  Any Slime

Nothing is logged after /nih-on.

The only thing in client.log that's appearing besides vanilla world loading stuff is this when I do /nih-off:

Code:
[03:26:34] [1/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000023.31         Aborted timer ModHelpersTasksPrune

And this when I do /nih-show-filters (this is immediately after doing /nih-clear):
Code:
[03:31:29] [1/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000099.00         Is nihilated: True
Items BL:

Item Groups BL:
  Any Equipment
Items WL:

Items Groups WL:
Recipes BL:

Recipes Groups BL:
  Any Equipment
Recipes WL:

Recipes Groups WL:
NPCs BL:

NPCs Groups BL:
  Any Hostile NPC
Loot WL:

Loot Groups WL:
  Any Slime

Nothing is logged after /nih-on.
Edit: Alright, I found a bug that might be at the root of this. You'll need to update Mod Helpers to the v5.5.2 I just released.

Back
Top Bottom