Weapons & Equip Ninja class

Do you think they should they sould changed the damge type?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Seeing Eye

Eye of Cthulhu
I've been playing terraria for a long time now and i would like the the devs to make another type of damage amplication (did i use the wurd right?)

So basically i want to make the the shurikens, bones, boomerang, arrows (if used without bow) a thrown weapon and applies thrown damage

This is when the ninja class stands up which has the power to increase the power of thrown damage and increases evasiveness

I hope you liked what i have posted and feel free to comment whatever you like

no offence but i realy dont like this idea.Throwing meenes no reforge and the only throwable weapon that you can reforge is the magic dagger and thats magic.And from the looks of it the new weapon from the resent spoiler is alsow ganna be magic no support.

I want stuff like fire dragon armor(Any player or enemy that goes close to you gets burned) or something like that, like upgrades, besides the weapon ones. I might get bad replies about it, I already know this idea I made is bad

This is a good place for me to go in, right?
g34FmNu.png

In all honestly, why do we need a specefic class for it? You can also just equip yourself as a ninja and such.
I rather want to have things that affect something existing in game (in this case thrown weapons) instead of an accessoire that affect a whole new class.

I'm fine as it is now.

no offence but i realy dont like this idea.Throwing meenes no reforge and the only throwable weapon that you can reforge is the magic dagger and thats magic.And from the looks of it the new weapon from the resent spoiler is alsow ganna be magic no support.

well... the thing is thrown weapons would have to apply for this to work and there are actually tons of them right? like the vampire knives thats one

If they make this change, what's stopping them from adding spear damage, flail damage, or bow damage, gun damage(Don't say Shroomite), to book damage, staff damage and weird magical weapon damage?

Once you start on that path, it's hard to stop.

I don't think weapons need more branching. They are melee weapon, that's that.

I want stuff like fire dragon armor(Any player or enemy that goes close to you gets burned) or something like that, like upgrades, besides the weapon ones. I might get bad replies about it, I already know this idea I made is bad
Irrelevant. However I am working on an armor that has a damaging area of effect.

On topic if you wanted a class only working with thrown weapons suggest accessories that improve thrown items. In addition there are a few threads providing additional thrown weapons.

If they make this change, what's stopping them from adding spear damage, flail damage, or bow damage, gun damage(Don't say Shroomite), to book damage, staff damage and weird magical weapon damage?

Once you start on that path, it's hard to stop.

I don't think weapons need more branching. They are melee weapon, that's that.

all i know is that ammo is used to fire ranged damage, mana for magic damage, close combat for melee damage(except for beam swords)

ammo is used to fire ranged damage
So... Piranha Gun and Harpoon are what, exactly? We change them to "weird ammoless ranged" damage or something?

close combat for melee damage
Point. Or you could just include any weapon that in the real world, has to do more with arm strength and flexibility, like a boomerang. Plus whatever projectiles they bring in.

mana for magic damage
You're saying we should just remove summon damage, is it? Those do use mana.

If you're basing this proposed change on a mere mechanics difference, again, what's stopping one to label spears and flails to be different? By the way, flails do have some range to them. Not what you can call "up close and personal", either.

except for beam swords
Don't forget icicles rain, murderous homing bubbles and weird cloud spores.

If one is willing to be so pedantic with the damage type, one should include everything, not just the one to create a ninja role-play(not that there's anything stopping you from doing that now). And as I have mentioned, if mechanics difference is all it takes, then we will have a boatload of damage types, and that's a pain to manage.

I think thrown weapons should be buffed, and also add end game throwing weapons but for RANGED gameplay...the ninja class I think is not needed

So... Piranha Gun and Harpoon are what, exactly? We change them to "weird ammoless ranged" damage or something?

as long as they're ranged and fired with a gun that doesnt use up mana that's ranged damage

Point. Or you could just include any weapon that in the real world, has to do more with arm strength and flexibility, like a boomerang. Plus whatever projectiles they bring in.

i meant swords, spears and flails with close combat

You're saying we should just remove summon damage, is it? Those do use mana.

sorry forgot about summons

Don't forget icicles rain, murderous homing bubbles and weird cloud spores.

they're kind of mana using damage that does not summon stuff so it would have magic damage

Look, adding a new damage type isn't a small thing to ask. If you had suggested weapons or accessories that would be more reasonable.

Look, adding a new damage type isn't a small thing to ask. If you had suggested weapons or accessories that would be more reasonable.

well if you'll just suggest new weapons what would happen with the old weapons? they're still being thrown but why wont they apply the new damage type?

well if you'll just suggest new weapons what would happen with the old weapons? they're still being thrown but why wont they apply the new damage type?
They don't need to. Ranged damage seems like the appropriate choice.

Let me clarify, there is no reason to introduce a new damage type for this.

This idea is quite vague and unnecessary. What kinds of armor are there for the ninja class? Are there any new throwables for this class? Because if there aren't, this class is dead-ended in late pre-hardmode. You also mention that it increases evasiveness? What does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom