No enemies spawn in dungeon

Yosvke

Terrarian
Is anyone able to explain why my dungeon farm doesn't work? Enemies seems to not appear.
I spent a lot of time preparing it so I'm hoping Ill get some help.
Screenshot_2.png

maybe your too far away from solid ground for them to spawn? I have no idea i'm just giving suggestions

Is all of this natural dungeon wall? Player placed dungeon wall, even if it’s harvested from the dungeon and moved, can’t spawn dungeon enemies.

Also if you’re missing certain enemies and you’re in Hardmode, there are three types of wall in the dungeon that are much more likely to spawn different things behind them. Look on the wiki to see which enemies spawn behind which specific wall so you know where to farm.

player-placed walls in general will prevent spawns, player placed dungeon walls do not count for the dungeon's spawns. dungeon bricks won't do anything for spawns other than block/give more areas to spawn.
why is this in player suggestions?

The naturally placed dungeon brick trigger dungeon spawns, and most of that area is artificial. You’d need Tedit to get naturally-placed blocks

Is all of this natural dungeon wall? Player placed dungeon wall, even if it’s harvested from the dungeon and moved, can’t spawn dungeon enemies.

Also if you’re missing certain enemies and you’re in Hardmode, there are three types of wall in the dungeon that are much more likely to spawn different things behind them. Look on the wiki to see which enemies spawn behind which specific wall so you know where to farm.
Ima kms, I think the worst part is, I did this before getting the npcs out of the dungeon so I don’t think they’ll ever spawn…. 17 hours of building npc towns gone

Attachments

• IMG_3552.png
    IMG_3552.png
    403.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3553.png
    IMG_3553.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Ima kms, I think the worst part is, I did this before getting the npcs out of the dungeon so I don’t think they’ll ever spawn…. 17 hours of building npc towns gone
Well, lucky for you, in the time since OP posted this, a solution was made -- shimmer transformations! toss some of the normal wall in the shimmer to get its 'cursed' (marked with a skull) version, which is the unsafe version needed to allow spawns to happen. (as per the wiki; scroll down to tips to see it mentioned, and right before that is the 'cursed' in the crafting table)

Back
Top Bottom