No Key Molds, premade Keys won't open chests

Sssjim7

Terrarian
I am sure this has been mentioned before, but the keys for the Crimson, Corrupt, Frozen, Jungle and Hallow chests don't work. You can't open the corresponding chests in the dungeon with them. I haven't gotten a key mold drop in 1.3.0.3 yet, either...

.... just saying...

~Jim

I'm not entirely sure of how the keys have been altered in 1.3, however I can confirm I did drop a corruption key pre-Plantera and it did not work on its corresponding chest. Have you tried this post Plantera? It is kinda weird there is no warning on the matter.

??? I have lots of keys now... they are a random drop in the biomes... but having a dozen non-functioning keys still doesn't get me into the locked chests in the dungeon...

.... or are you saying that you CAN get into the chests and I am just doing something wrong? I am under the impression that NOBODY can open a locked biome chest (Hallow, Corrupt, etc.) in the dungeon anymore... ????

Thanks... I am guessing that using old stuff is my problem. I didn't start over... and I have a lot of old keys in inventory. I have been tossing the new ones into the same chests, so now they are all mixed up. I will have to remember to keep them separate now...

Thank you for the help :)

~Jim

Back
Top Bottom