No texture packs yet? Dissapointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletedaccount1

Terrarian
C'mon texture pack creators.. we know it's only been a day but.. move your threads! You only live once.. or something like that. Are you playing with hardcore on?

Let's just wait, there's pratically no complete texture pack since Terraria is soooooooooooooo filled with textures to change...

Maybe if someone posted a Texture Pack Creation tutorial or posted a link to one, we could get some new people interested in making some. I do a bit of pixel work myself and wouldn't mind trying it if I knew how.

I've actually been making a texture pack for a while now. It's a 8-bit remake of terraria, and i recently got permission from lambo to use his sprites from his 8-bit texture pack from 1.0. But i can tell you this, it's really easy to grow tired of making it. I can get on a spree and convert the files from terraria to nes all day one day but not want to do it for 2 weeks

I've actually been making a texture pack for a while now. It's a 8-bit remake of terraria, and i recently got permission from lambo to use his sprites from his 8-bit texture pack from 1.0. But i can tell you this, it's really easy to grow tired of making it. I can get on a spree and convert the files from terraria to nes all day one day but not want to do it for 2 weeks

What do you use to convert your files? I'm currently working on a guide to help get more people into making texture packs but I don't really know much about it myself.

What do you use to convert your files? I'm currently working on a guide to help get more people into making texture packs but I don't really know much about it myself.
Actually, i'm using Terraria Custom Content Loader. I dont really remember what i used for the initial conversion, but i'm going to worry about switching them back once i have enough sprites for a wip release or something.

To convert the png back into a .xnb file could be very complected task. First you are going to need Microsoft Visual Basic 10 or higher, Microsoft xna game studio and xna formatter. MS VB contains the framework system to convert the files back. xna game studio contains the library files need for the conversion and xna formatter is the program that actually converts them back to xnb. It took me literally 6 hours just to figure out how to do what and make sure everything worked. the sad thing is i did all this just to change 1 file, the mask for the karate tortoise, i changed it from blue to orange.

To convert the png back into a .xnb file could be very complected task. First you are going to need Microsoft Visual Basic 10 or higher, Microsoft xna game studio and xna formatter. MS VB contains the framework system to convert the files back. xna game studio contains the library files need for the conversion and xna formatter is the program that actually converts them back to xnb. It took me literally 6 hours just to figure out how to do what and make sure everything worked. the sad thing is i did all this just to change 1 file, the mask for the karate tortoise, i changed it from blue to orange.
I've tried using the Microsoft XNA studio but I don't think it's compatible with Windows 8. I don't think I can get it to work correctly but I guess I can give it another shot.

I've tried using the Microsoft XNA studio but I don't think it's compatible with Windows 8. I don't think I can get it to work correctly but I guess I can give it another shot.
its not compatible with windows 8 but you can run it by right clicking the actual exe file, not the shortcut,click properties, then click on the compatibility tab, then select windows 7 from the drop down menu. many people seem to forget that this is possible.

C'mon texture pack creators.. we know it's only been a day but.. move your threads! You only live once.. or something like that. Are you playing with hardcore on?
Terraria has a lot of content if you really think making texture packs for this game is easy go and try to edit at least half of the sprites in the game then come back and tell me how easy it was. Also do it fast "You only live once.. or something like that."

No, mediumcore. Hardcore is hard, sometimes. And it's been... Two months???
Yeah I used to create texture packs for Minecraft back in 2012, and I stumbled upon this after creating an account on the forums. I am actually going to give this a shot. I've seen the introduction to the tutorial and I converted all the xnb file to png and wav, and WOW talk about a lot of editing! This might take until the spring or even the summer!! but ill put hard work into my texture pack. ;)

Could somebody at the very least make a pack that replaces the goblin army with IRS agents flinging balls of paper and airplanes made out of forms to fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom