Lyra
Last Activity:
Aug 27, 2016
Lyrist, pixel artist, political analyst, punster.

Share This Page

Lyra

Skeletron, from Space

Finding an open name that doesn't involve framing or misspelling that hasn't already been taken on a popular game is painful. Sep 1, 2015

Lyra was last seen:
Aug 27, 2016
    1. Proxy
      Proxy
      *wispers* haaaands
      1. Techhunter_Talon
        Techhunter_Talon
        *Whispers* Heads...

/TF2 References
        Mar 21, 2017
        Valkyrie Valhalla likes this.
    2. Sumenora
      Sumenora
      Oooo my favorite pony lyra...haven't seen you in some time <3
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sumenora
        Sumenora
        the only real update is a few items and Controller support and stuff for builders to play with.. other then that its pretty much 1.3.0.8 with a new fresh coat of paint
        May 31, 2016
      3. Lyra
        Lyra
        I see. I guess I'll just go play more Civilization, then. xP
        May 31, 2016
      4. Sumenora
        Sumenora
        At least IMO i mean I'm looking at the change logs right now. and well....just item sorting ..some bugfixes and some items but nothing ground breaking
        May 31, 2016
    3. Lyra
      Lyra
      Finding an open name that doesn't involve framing or misspelling that hasn't already been taken on a popular game is painful.
      1. Jetstream ∞ likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Lyra
        Lyra
        I figure it'd be much worse on there by now.

You know what I did find? A useful website that tells me exactly when somebody took what name and when their old one expires, which means I've found the perfect username and all it needs me to do is wake up at 4:20 AM in almost exactly one month.
        Sep 1, 2015
      4. Erienna Nakagai
        Erienna Nakagai
        In WoW, I just use the random name generator since all the good names I could come up with are most likely taken. In Minecraft, I was xXAwesomeNinjaXx for the longest time, but changed it to gallantEclipse (not sure if I added (GE) on the end or not) when name changes came.
        Sep 1, 2015
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        I found the random name generator to be horrible in WoW, lol. Some of them sound like they actually break the naming policy when you'll get a name something like Shemzelghgy or something like that (I just randomly punched some keys for that). That and the Random Name List just pulls from a list of about 50 names that is sorted per race and per gender, so half of the time the better ones in that list are taken too.
        Sep 2, 2015
    4. Lyra
      Lyra
      Functional programming combines the power and flexibility of abstract mathematics with the intuitive clarity of abstract mathematics.
      1. Chazm
        Chazm
        And yet it makes things which would take you years to do alone take a single line
        Aug 24, 2015
    5. Lyra
      Lyra
      Cigarettes are like hamsters; they're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.
      2. Techhunter_Talon
        Techhunter_Talon
        I feel horrible for laughing at that...
        Aug 17, 2015
      3. WilliamD
        WilliamD
        Yup :/
        Aug 17, 2015
      4. XenoCat
        XenoCat
        I'm sorry what
        Aug 17, 2015
    6. Everybody
      Everybody
      Never saw a republican brony before. This is new.
      1. Lyra
        Lyra
        There's RealityCheck on FIMFiction, who's both an outspoken conservative and has a rather hate/love divide between the people following him. There's several specifically republican/conservative groups on brony websites too; I'm not sure why it would be special.
        Aug 14, 2015
        Jetstream ∞ likes this.
      2. Everybody
        Everybody
        Nevermind.
        Aug 14, 2015
        Jetstream ∞ likes this.
    7. Lyra
      Lyra
      Happy birthday, me!
    8. Lyra
      Lyra
      Just watched the Republican debate; Trump as expected did amazingly, and Ben was a lot better than I had thought he would be.
      2. Lyra
        Lyra
        THat is a very interesting video, though I don't see how it relates to the 'debate'.

There's airquotes around 'debate' because when I think about it, it wasn't a debate at all; it was an anti-conservative interview.
        Aug 17, 2015
      3. Lyra
        Lyra
        Unless, of course, the video refers to the way the Republican establishment and the liberals are virtually identical in all but name and some mostly meaningless policy choices, and how they're further controlled primarily by a few extremely wealthy billionaires who have no intention of actually helping anybody.
        Aug 17, 2015
        cultist unhooded likes this.
      4. cultist unhooded
        cultist unhooded
        That is my point. I think the government needs, like some games, to be updated. Many things in the world have changed. Having a hierarchy Of a system that group of people designating what wars we need to go into, my idea of how war should be started is only when the said place is attacked. What I mean is that I believe in the gadsden flag's motto, "don't tread on me" (sorry about the rant.)
        Aug 18, 2015
    9. Lyra
      Lyra
      I always found the concept of Nerf bows to be a wee bit hilarious -- even in the world of foam one large arrow is beaten by a dozen bullets.
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        Some kids enjoy drawing back and firing a bow? Some kids enjoy doing it medieval style with foam swords and bows with foam arrows?
        Aug 4, 2015
      2. Lyra
        Lyra
        Yeah, but I'd figure that that would fit better in a different theme, instead of in the same group as the pistols and machine guns. I'd love personally a medieval Nerf theme, I just think it's silly to have, say, an Elite bow, or give Rebelle a bow as one of the main weapons, and imply you're matching it with the guns.
        Aug 4, 2015
      3. Jetstream ∞
        Jetstream ∞
        TELL THAT TO GREEN ARROW D:
        Aug 16, 2015
    10. Lyra
      Lyra
      Here's to hoping the next US president can Make America Great Again, if you catch my drift ;)
      1. Jetstream ∞ likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Well.... yeah. The people who live on welfare don't understand that they aren't taking the government's money, but rather the taxpayers'. Their neighbors'. There are some honest people on welfare, but some just want an easy life with no work.
        Aug 3, 2015
      4. Yaster Goodman
        Yaster Goodman
        Yeah, I catch your drift. Assuming you think it's great to welcome illegal immigrants with open arms while also keeping immigration laws in place.

"You've broken U.S. law. But hey, since you're already here, all is forgiven. Have a college diploma for your troubles." -Obama
        Aug 3, 2015
      5. Everybody
        Everybody
        is a Democrat.
        Aug 14, 2015
    11. Lyra
      Lyra
      I can't get back into Kerbal Space Program. I went to the Mun, I went to Minmus, and I can't bring myself to go to Duna. No motivation. :C
    12. Lyra
      Lyra
      I have a bad habit of setting my iPod to 'shuffle', and then skipping all the way to a song or songs I had hoped to get.
      1. Techhunter_Talon
        Techhunter_Talon
        Guilty as charged!
        Jul 28, 2015
    13. Lyra
      Lyra
      Working on a Minecraft texture pack; who was the NUT who laid out the texture pattern for the anvil? It doesn't make any sense!
      1. Darqfalls
        Darqfalls
        Texture packs are so weird. >_<
        Jul 28, 2015
      2. cultist unhooded
        cultist unhooded
        Wait a minute.
        \gamerule RandomTickSpeed 0.0001

Say that again.
        Aug 17, 2015
    14. Lyra
      Lyra
      The bowling alley was thrown into chaos when the employees all went on strike.
      1. galacticGammawave
        galacticGammawave
        If they get 3, they're out.
        Jul 26, 2015
        cultist unhooded likes this.
    15. Lyra
      Lyra
      A vampire is constantly searching for his necks victim.
      1. TheQuietBisharp
        TheQuietBisharp
        Booooo, that was cheesier than Moon Lord.
        Jul 23, 2015
        Everybody likes this.
      2. AdenSword
        AdenSword
        I see what your trying to do there.

But it doesn't work.
        Jul 23, 2015
        TheQuietBisharp likes this.
    16. Lyra
      Lyra
      I'm psychologically conditioning my baby brother by getting him to listen to a bunch of music. He likes to dance. I think it's working.
    17. Lyra
      Lyra
      Celestia's being Deep again.
      1. zachary.nfl likes this.
    18. Lyra
      Lyra
      Washington DC is 65 square miles surrounded by reality. -- Scott W.
    19. Lyra
      Lyra
      Thing I'd like to do before I die: Go into an electronics store, set a banana on the counter, and say I'd like to upgrade to an Apple.
    20. Lyra
      Lyra
      Obama's economy is Titanic in nature. -U-
      1. Lyra
        Lyra
        That means it's going to crash and sink the moment he's safely out of office.

Or, it's big, bloated, mostly useless, and inevitably doomed.
        Jul 16, 2015
  • About

Lyrist, pixel artist, political analyst, punster.
    Re-Logic Games Owned:
    • Terraria: PC
    • Terraria: PS3/Vita
    • Terraria: Mobile
    Sometimes I'm a pony!

I'm a pixel artist, and have a lot of time to kill. I'm heavily political too, though only to what objective truth and extrapolating from that can provide, and as a result I'm a conservative libertarian. My moral system is based on the principals of Christianity, the United State's constitution, and the Bill of Rights (technically part of the constitution.) I'm an INTP personality type, turbulent variety, with minor differences.

I'm also the one person at a party who seems cool up until you talk to him at which point you realize he's trying to ignore everybody else by saying as little as possible.

I find or come up with some of the worst puns you'll ever hear.

Signature

The totalitarian is far more dangerous than the authoritarian; both are of the same breed but the totalitarian is ideologically driven; they demand power, and they demand the survival of their beliefs. They will do anything necessary to see their plans through, and to ensure their ideal utopia is created -- even if it takes beating it into every single civilian's head bit by bit until it finally snaps.

They will seek control over every aspect of your life, they will tell you how and what to think. They seek total control of every aspect of public and private life, whether it be the media, your local church, down to what you eat and breathe, all commanded through the power of an ever-growing and strengthening iron-fisted bureaucracy. Beware the totalitarian, for they will do anything and everything to achieve their goals, including lying, manipulation, and especially the redressing of their ultimate goal in vaguely positive terms.

They are one and the same with the traitor; they work inside the walls, hacking away at society in the night and blaming it on those who genuinely care during the day congress. They are more dangerous than a standing army, more cunning than a thief, more vicious and ruthless than the worst of dictators, because they will bend you until you break and see everything their way, through social pressures and media influence, through denying you hope and initiating constant assaults on your beliefs. They don't like opposition; they don't want you to bow and say you're wrong; they want you to submit and believe, and that difference makes all the difference.

The totalitarian has absolutely no limits on his strategies, and they do not resort to excessive means unless necessary. They do not conquer with war; they conquer with psychology, and with infiltration. They impose their beliefs on the populace through secondary means, and erode the foundations of a culture. They kick up disputes; they promise the world in elections, hope, wonders, glory, and deliver naught but ruin and destruction. They divide the nation, and separate the people, all while pointing fingers at everybody else through subtle wording or full-blown media control, and use the ensuing waves to accumulate more and more power.

1984 was not a warning against communism or the likes of Stalinism, despite the many similarities, nor was it a warning against fascism. 1984 was a warning against totalitarianism, a fate we are swiftly headed towards today.

I despise the totalitarian, and everything they stand for; the destruction and elimination of freedom (except when applied to them), the vast concentration of power, the destructive and extremely manipulative tactics put forth by them, and the inhumane and uncaring way they go about these tasks, no matter the cost to others and humanity at a whole. Be warned, and be wary, of the social decay, cultural damage and increasingly dangerous forces of the government that signifies an approach into these regimes, and guard your freedoms well, because the world is but one misstep away from hell, and it only takes one or two lone generations to discard and underestimate their freedoms for these monsters to take hold.

I do pixel art on my Deviantart account, and have a bunch of pony sprites on the Starbound Forums.
    Suggestions:
    DNA Manipulation Chamber (Alter skin color, name, eye color, and gender)
    Marbles (early-game spiky balls)
    More NPC Quotes (self-explanatory)
    Precog Tracker (arrow guidance system)
    charge it, point it, zoom it, press it, snap it, work it, quick, erase it, write it, cut it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, quick, rewrite it