No weapons run?

So, has anyone ever done a "No weapons" run? One where they used tricks and traps to get through the game, using their ability to create incredible and deadly machines, rather then trying to use actual weapons. I can imagine this would be super hard, if not impossible, in the early game when you don't have the mechanic and the ability to actually wire things. But is it possible?

lol! perhaps somepony has, or could; make a mod that allowed the player to have the tools and resources to make such things from the start of the game. at the very least, i think it's worth looking into for the OP. c:

this also reminds me of times when i did this in the game "castlevania: symphony of the night" for the first playstation. you couldn't build stuff, but you could punch stuff when unarmed. it was really entertaining and put a difficult twist on how to approach things. these types of challenges are a great way to challenge how creative you can be. :D

Let's see..

Find sand
Drop sand on slimes for gel
Make torches
Go underground, find bombs
Enter Corruption, smash 3 shadow orbs, fight Eater of Worlds on the surface
Damage EoW with the use of sand and the luck of fallen stars
No defeat necessary, just need enough for a nightmare pick, maybe armor for defense
Enter jungle, try to find Lihzahrd Temple
Mine any traps that may have spawned before the door. If no traps, use one of the exploits to get yourself through the door and get some traps
Find a hive and mine some hive blocks and scoop up a block of honey
Find an underground boulder trap and replace active/inactive stone blocks with spiky ball/spear traps
Summon Skeletron and lead him there, letting the traps finish him off
Enter dungeon, save mechanic
Mine dungeon bricks
Defeat goblins with traps, rescue goblin tinkerer
Reforge accessories and try to get good defense
Go to underworld to mine hellstone and obsidian for molten pickaxe
Make runway made of dungeon bricks
Fishing optional, try to get a lot of crates to open in hardmode
Set up wire stuff and use explosives to kill WoF. Might be tricky, but should be possible if you have enough money
Arrange lihzahrd traps to use against mechanical bosses. Need to wait for natural spawn
When warning message appears, box yourself up, place a hive in your box and mine it, repeat until a bee spawns. Bee should do constant 1 damage if you have enough defense. Place honey in your box, then place heart lantern and campfire nearby to heal back bee damage
Sit there as traps damage the mechs while they can't harm you as bee is constantly hurting you. Must have bee spawned before mechs appear
Craft drax/pickaxe axe at mythril/orichalcum anvil made from ores from crates or from mining up through the tiers, go mine chlorophyte
Set up traps and use bee exploit again to take down Plantera
Set up grinders for your desired endgame armor
Use a grinder for moon events and/or for Duke Fishron

Guess you're pretty much done then. Could replace bee exploit with slime statue exploit, but hives are usually easier to find. Not sure if you would count minions as weapons or not, but if allowed, use minions as soon as you can get them.

Would be cool and interesting to see this done. I honestly don't have the patience myself, but it's at least possible, from the sounds of it. And while I really don't count tools as weapons myself, it's still one of those things that you're swinging it with the intent of weaponry... BUT under the parameters that I had said, I guess tools are technically fair game. Grenades, not so much, as those ONLY used for the sheer purpose of damaging enemies, bombs and dynamite though would be fair, but mainly because those (again) are more tools then weapons. STILL, I guess what you're definition of "no weapons" means, there are multiple different ways you could go about this. Yup, just a silly idea, unsure how "fun" it would be, though.

It look like it would be a painfully slow run, with lots of silly deaths, so no, i haven't, and i would never bother myself doing one.

Let's see..

Find sand
Make torches
No defeat necessary, just need enough for a nightmare pick, maybe armor for defense
Mine any traps that may have spawned before the door. If no traps, use one of the exploits to get yourself through the door and get some traps
Find an underground boulder trap and replace active/inactive stone blocks with spiky ball/spear traps
Mine dungeon bricks
Set up wire stuff and use explosives to kill WoF. Might be tricky, but should be possible if you have enough money
Arrange lihzahrd traps to use against mechanical bosses. Need to wait for natural spawn
When warning message appears, box yourself up, place a hive in your box and mine it, repeat until a bee spawns. Bee should do constant 1 damage if you have enough defense. Place honey in your box, then place heart lantern and campfire nearby to heal back bee damage
Sit there as traps damage the mechs while they can't harm you as bee is constantly hurting you. Must have bee spawned before mechs appear
Craft drax/pickaxe axe at mythril/orichalcum anvil made from ores from crates or from mining up through the tiers, go mine chlorophyte

Guess you're pretty much done then. Could replace bee exploit with slime statue exploit, but hives are usually easier to find. Not sure if you would count minions as weapons or not, but if allowed, use minions as soon as you can get them.

Very good in theory, very difficult on the real thing, first using an exploit to get inside the temple would be already out of mind as that for me is like cheating, second imagine u dragging skeletron all the way down to a dungeon where the boulder trap is....haha very good tactives but very very hard. :p

Think about it like this: Once you try the flairon, everything else is not considerable a weapon anymore.

Flairon’s use is debatable underground though :/

That's why i always have my death sickle with me: not only it's incredibly fast to deal with the dungeon's mobs, it's even an awesome source of light when combined with the fire gauntlet.
I shouldn't really speak about op weapons though , since i never tried any of the endgame ranged weapons (while still having them all).

Let's see..

Find sand
Make torches
Mine dungeon bricks

You usually find lots of torches in chests and jars. Also does sand even hurt the EoW?

Personally If I were to do this I would have to hack in a wrench and Wire cutters MINIMUM! Maybe a few dart traps.

You usually find lots of torches in chests and jars. Also does sand even hurt the EoW?

Personally If I were to do this I would have to hack in a wrench and Wire cutters MINIMUM! Maybe a few dart traps.
True about the torches, but you might be unlucky and not have any torches to explore underground, plus from pots is a limited supply.

IIRC still sand blocks no longer harm enemies stuck in them (which EoW was already immune to) but falling sand blocks can harm. I once finished off Skeletron with a sand block, so I'd think EoW should also be harmed.

I would imagine it would be hard since you would have to beat Skeletron to really build good traps. But, I guess it's possible after many many deaths trying to get your traps perfected and able to kill bosses and monsters.

Let's see..

Find sand
Make torches
Mine dungeon bricks

Holy crap.

and how will you unlock hard mode and beat the bossses with bombs :D nad sand gun :D

images.php

I don't know whether or not this will work but what if you played the start of the game using tools and explosives ( no grenades) then killed king slime by building a tower of rope and placing lava at the bottom so he died. Getting the slime saddle you would build a platform high in the sky and some rope to the ground. Then goombastomping the EOC and going down until he died. You could kill the other bosses like this as well, but how should I kill the wall of flesh? Do you think this is possible?

Back
Top Bottom