Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Mac Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When moving around large amounts of mannequins and NPCs the game really lags, I'm pretty sure the issue is with checking for the armour pieces on the mannequins and the checking for the happiness value in NPCs. For context, before the update this had never caused issues. I must add this lag does not let up, you may get 1fps with no other programs open. Edit, this may only be because Mac isn't optimised but I've left it open because I don't know if its only on this operating system.

Last edited:
This may partly be due to Mac optimization, but its also due to large amounts of mannequins nearby.

Mannequins and NPCs are some of the most performance-costly parts of the game, and the changes to mannequins in this update have increased that somewhat, due to all of the things that are drawing on all of them. In your particular case, I believe the best option would be to reduce the number of mannequins nearby, or spread them out somewhat.

We will be looking into optimization for mannequins shortly, but there may only be so much gain to be made from it.

For what its worth, massed mannequins have always caused performance drops on any PC I've ever used, since 1.2.

Back
Top Bottom