Mobile NPCs in world but won’t move in or claim houses

bebouno

Terrarian
Hey!
So basically, ever since a bunch of NPCs died, no new ones will properly move in and claim their own homes (steampunk era is “sharing” a home with dryad for example). I have several available homes for NPCs however they don’t move in, they just roam the world instead? The stylist seems to have moved in but hasn’t claimed her house, same with my goblin tinkerer. Many NPCs have died and respawned but never came to my village area or claimed homes for example the pirate, angler and party girl who seem to be having fun underground. Is there anyway to get the NPCs to come back and move in and properly claim their rooms?! I’ve linked photos of my “village” and map for reference.

To clarify, witch doctor is in a jungle house and truffle is having fun while I remodel his house.
upload_2019-8-19_22-52-9.png

upload_2019-8-19_22-51-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-19_22-51-14.png
    upload_2019-8-19_22-51-14.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
Hey!
So basically, ever since a bunch of NPCs died, no new ones will properly move in and claim their own homes (steampunk era is “sharing” a home with dryad for example). I have several available homes for NPCs however they don’t move in, they just roam the world instead? The stylist seems to have moved in but hasn’t claimed her house, same with my goblin tinkerer. Many NPCs have died and respawned but never came to my village area or claimed homes for example the pirate, angler and party girl who seem to be having fun underground. Is there anyway to get the NPCs to come back and move in and properly claim their rooms?! I’ve linked photos of my “village” and map for reference.

To clarify, witch doctor is in a jungle house and truffle is having fun while I remodel his house.
View attachment 225531

View attachment 225530
Hi @bebouno, welcome to the forums. :)

You may have already tried this, but I'm not sure how long your NPCs have gone homeless so I'm mentioning it anyway - at nighttime, have you gone offscreen to see if they will teleport to their house?

It's odd though, because some of your NPCs have their flag in their room, but some don't. Doesn't make much sense - your houses look fine, if there was corruption/crimson nearby there wouldn't be some that have flags, so it doesn't look like that is the problem. Really strange.

Is that demonite brick below their rooms? I wonder if that is causing the problem. It shouldn't. NPCs should be fine living near demonite brick, but I wonder if on the current mobile version that's bugged. If you're willing to remove it and see if it makes a difference, I'd be curious about that, but I understand if you didn't want to.

The good news is that the mobile version is getting an update on Aug 27 that may fix this issue for you. On the new version you'll be able to assign NPCs to particular rooms using the housing menu. More info on the update here: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Release Date Revealed!

Hi @bebouno, welcome to the forums. :)

You may have already tried this, but I'm not sure how long your NPCs have gone homeless so I'm mentioning it anyway - at nighttime, have you gone offscreen to see if they will teleport to their house?

It's odd though, because some of your NPCs have their flag in their room, but some don't. Doesn't make much sense - your houses look fine, if there was corruption/crimson nearby there wouldn't be some that have flags, so it doesn't look like that is the problem. Really strange.

Is that demonite brick below their rooms? I wonder if that is causing the problem. It shouldn't. NPCs should be fine living near demonite brick, but I wonder if on the current mobile version that's bugged. If you're willing to remove it and see if it makes a difference, I'd be curious about that, but I understand if you didn't want to.

The good news is that the mobile version is getting an update on Aug 27 that may fix this issue for you. On the new version you'll be able to assign NPCs to particular rooms using the housing menu. More info on the update here: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Release Date Revealed!

Thank you! I have indeed tried leaving the screen on multiple occasions and during multiple in game times, however the NPCs don’t get assigned houses, TP to their homes etc.
I doubt it’s the demonite since my NPCs used to live here fine (until my first pirate invasion which i was definitely not prepared for). I won’t try destroying it just yet, however if after the update i can’t find a solution then I will try destroying the demonite bricks and i’ll let you know if the result!

Back
Top Bottom