NPCs(Non-Playable Characters) won't show up

Muhammad Shan

Terrarian
Please guys help me, I've a problem/bug in my terraria game and it's mobile version. The problem is that NPCs(Non-Playable Characters) won't show up, why are they not coming ? I've have only one guy who gives instructions about the game and I've made his home so he can settle down but other NPCs are not coming, it says that "Gilbert would like to settle down", but where is he ? I've already made a home for him according to the instructions but still he wont show up ? Why is it happening ? Guys please me .... please help me. I want to play this game so badly in y android mobile. I've 1.2 version of Terraria. Whenever I play or start game, it says "Gilbert would like to settle down" or "Kateyln would like to settle down" , why are they not showing up ? Is it a bug ?

I really need help here, please help me with this, I'll be very thankful.

Hopefully someone will answer to this.

Last edited:
Some screenshots of the houses and the surroundings would help us pinpoint the problem much easier.

Here you go, I've built three houses, one is already taken by the person who guide us and other two are vacant. And you can also see in picture it is saying that "Gilbert would like to settle down", now I've made his home but he is not showing up.
Screenshot_2015-02-08-00-52-44.png
Screenshot_2015-02-08-00-52-48.png
Screenshot_2015-02-08-00-53-07.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1423346453][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some screenshots of the houses and the surroundings would help us pinpoint the problem much easier.

Here you can see this house is taken by the person who guide us.
Screenshot_2015-02-08-00-52-26.png

First house(1st and 2nd shot), no chair. And if those are world-gen dirt walls, you need to knock them down and replace them.

Same goes for the second house(3rd shot). You need to replace the dirt walls with something you've crafted. Though I think placing platforms to separate the second floor and the first floor should be good enough.

By all rights, that last house(4th shot) should not be valid either, but I suggest you do not copy the design.

First house(1st and 2nd shot), no chair. And if those are world-gen dirt walls, you need to knock them down and replace them.

Same goes for the second house(3rd shot). You need to replace the dirt walls with something you've crafted. Though I think placing platforms to separate the second floor and the first floor should be good enough.

By all rights, that last house(4th shot) should not be valid either, but I suggest you do not copy the design.

In the first house, you said there is no chair, it is there, my character standing over it or chair is behind my character. No, those are wooden walls in there first house. And I don't know how to knock down any walls.

I'll do with walls as you said and then I'll post new photos with changes then you should see.

I've one question, is it important to make proper house so then NPC would show up ? If it's saying "Gilbert would like to settle down" then he must be somewhere, where is he ? Why can't we see him ?
[DOUBLEPOST=1423347653][/DOUBLEPOST]"By all rights, that last house(4th shot) should not be valid either, but I suggest you do not copy the design.[/QUOTE]"

You said last house should not be valid, but it's, right, that house is taken by that guy. Why is that so ?

They will only spawn after there is a suitable house. Before that, they are nowhere.

You need to craft a hammer to knock down walls, by the way.

In the first house, you said there is no chair, it is there, my character standing over it or chair is behind my character. No, those are wooden walls in there first house. And I don't know how to knock down any walls.

I'll do with walls as you said and then I'll post new photos with changes then you should see.

I've one question, is it important to make proper house so then NPC would show up ? If it's saying "Gilbert would like to settle down" then he must be somewhere, where is he ? Why can't we see him ?
[DOUBLEPOST=1423347653][/DOUBLEPOST]"By all rights, that last house(4th shot) should not be valid either, but I suggest you do not copy the design.
"

You said last house should not be valid, but it's, right, that house is taken by that guy. Why is that so ?[/QUOTE]
To break walls use a hammer, the last photo again break the dirt walls AND i saw i crack in the wall.

They will only spawn after there is a suitable house. Before that, they are nowhere.

You need to craft a hammer to knock down walls, by the way.

Now NPCs have shown up, thanks to you man. All I did was to remove dirt wall and add new crafted wooden walls, then Merchant came and same I did with other house so Nurse came. I'll soon post images/photos.

Okay so now I need to get 4th or 3rd(If you don't count the person who guide us) , How do I get another NPC ?
Another question, how to build stairs for NPCs ? They seems to don't climb up the stairs, like wooden stairs, why they don't climb ? How would they move up ?

Here you can see that NPCs(only two) have arrived. Merchant and Nurse.

In other screenshot, I've made more rooms with stairs for NPCs, is it okay ? Is there any defect ? Tell me ...
Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-06-18.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1423417749][/DOUBLEPOST]Here you can see that NPCs(only two) have arrived. Merchant and Nurse.

In other screenshot, I've made more rooms with stairs for NPCs, is it okay ? Is there any defect ? Tell me ...
Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-06-18.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-00-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-00-00.png
    98 KB · Views: 270
  • Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-05-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-05-59.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-05-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-05-59.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_2015-02-08-20-06-18.png