Nymph question

OneEyedWolf

Terrarian
I've been looking online and for the nymph the wiki said cavern layer, but then everyone says it's not cavern, it's underground. So would someone clear this up for me? I'm trying for the metal detector, just don't want to waste time in the wrong layer,.... any help is appreciated

Cavern definitely works. A Radar, Lifeform Analyzer, and Tally Counter all help for finding the Nymph. If you're going to frequent a certain area, make sure you've torched or closed off every little cave where an enemy can spawn.

The Nymph can appear anywhere in the Cavern Layer. Since it's very rare it will take a lot of searching. It does have a higher chance to spawn in the Underground Ice Biome from what I understand. It should say it in the wiki, and also from personal experience, I've seen it in the Underground Ice Biome more frequently.

If you have access to the Dungeon, I'd also recommend bringing a few Water Candles to increase the chances of it spawning in the areas of the Cavern you've been exploring. They may help along with using battle potions.

I've been looking online and for the nymph the wiki said cavern layer, but then everyone says it's not cavern, it's underground. So would someone clear this up for me? I'm trying for the metal detector, just don't want to waste time in the wrong layer,.... any help is appreciated
I'm currently in the underground where the granite spawns and I've captured her.

No I am not Misspeaking, I actually captured her and I don't know what else I can do with her except fight her. I'm hoping there is some kind of secret thing for actually capturing her I mean she's literally like one block away.

If anybody knows if there is something special when you capture her let us know.

If anybody knows if there is something special when you capture her let us know.
There is no other use for the Nymph apart from the metal detector, unless you feel like taking down 25 of them for a banner. They also have a good amount of money if you are running low and find one but it is not really enough for you to go out of your way.
Trapping the Nymph may be a good idea just so you can kill it safely, though.

Back
Top Bottom